3rd Annual Smokin in the Oaks
Saturday June 4 2011
KCBS (State Championship & TOY) BBQ Competition and charity fundraiser.
- $225 for Saturdays KCBS event
- $20.00 Entry for Saturdays EZ-Grill Kidz-Que Grill-Off, Categories are Steak and Chicken.Limited to first 20 entries (New for 2011)
- All Teams registered for Saturdays four meat KCBS event will receive a custom Event Plaque.
Prize Money $5.000.00 (New for 2011)
- $1.000.00 Prize Money.
- Custom Crafted Event Award.
- Paid Entry for 2011 Event.
(Reserve Grand Champion)
- $500.00 Prize Money.
- Custom Crafted Event Award.
- Paid Entry For 2011 Event.
Custom Awards 1st Through 5th and Prize Money.
- 1st $375.00
- 2nd $200.00
- 3rd $125.00
- 4th $100.00
- 5th $75.00
- Custom award and prizes for top 3.
- Ribbons and prizes for all participants.
- Meat & Grills Supplied
- $125.00 First place
- $75.00 Second Place
- $50.00 Third Place
Grand Champion winner of KCBS event receives a Invitation to these events.
- The American Royal Invitations in Kansas City. Mo
- The Great American BBQ Championships in Kansas City,Mo.
- Thier name will be put into the lottery draw for the Jack Daniels Invitational in Lynchburg, Tn.
The Top three places in each category for Saturday KCBS event.
- Receive a Invitation to the National BBQ Championship in Meridian, Texas.
Peoples Choice Champion to receive
- Custom Award
- $500.00 in prize money.(New for 2011)
- Entry fee for 2011 Contest.
- Must be a PC vendor to be eligable for peoples choice awards.
Sunday June 5th 2011
- SPD Markets Great Steak grill Off / $25.00 Entry, Steak to be provided by SPD Markets.
- Tri- Tip Grill-Off / $25.00 Entry
- Beef Rib Cook-Off
- There will be a cooks Dinner on Friday evening presented by Leonard Sanders of Chuck Wagon BBQ, featuring his Dutch Oven Culinary skills.
- Live country and Rock music on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Come in and enjoy a Hearty cooks Breakfast presented by the Penn Valley Rodeo Association Saturday morning.
10513 Spenceville Rd, Penn Valley, Ca / Behind the Fire station.
- Saturday June 4th 2011 (KCBS Event)
- Saturday June 4th 2011 (Kidz-Que Cook-Off)
- Sunday June 5th 2011 Back Yard Grill-Off.
- Event Contact, Scott Gomes / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Entry / All apps available at = http://www.pvrodeo.com/BBQ_Cookoff.htm
- Kidz-Que Entry
- Sundays Back Yard Grill-Off
- Judges App
- County health app for vendors
Health Department requirements
- All vending teams must fill out a Nevada county Temporary Vendor form and send in with entry.
- All Booths must have Hand washing.
- All booths must Have Utensil & Equipment washing ability or (there is a commercial three basin sink you may use on site,if you don't have a dish washing set-up.
- All Booths must have temperature control available for thier product,(Chafing dishes or roasters,etc) and a thermometer.
- All booths must have floor, Roof and screen walls (example) easy-up and a tarp secured to the ground and must have screened walls.If a team does not have a screen room please contact us to make other arrangements.
- No dogs allowed in cooks area and all dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Must have working fire extinguisher.
Cookers Q & A
- Will there be electricity ? / Yes 110 is available @ no charge.( for cook site only )
- Is there water on site? / Yes, but bring your own hoses and splitters( 150'of hose should work)
- Can we buy ice on site? / Yes all teams will get 25lbs of ice with there entry's and ice is available on site.
- Are there any hotels close to the event? / Yes the Gold Miners Inn,Holiday Inn Express (530) 477-1700 Grass Valley,Ca, it is about 10 minutes from the event site.
- Can we bring RVs? / Yes, but only one vehical will be allowed next to your cook site, all team mates must park in parking lot.
- Where will we be setting up? / 10 acres of grass adjacent to the rodeo arena, flat with a few dips.
- Arrival Time? / Any time starting Thursday June 2 2010, Some one will be on site 24/7.
- Are there any Stores close? / There is a Ace Hardware next door and a small grocery store across the street, Save Mart is 10 minutes away in grass valley.
- Is the event held rain or shine? / Yes, rain Or shine, sorry no refunds.
- Who is eligable for the $500 Peoples Choice award / Only BBQ teams that are vending on Saturday.
Turn in times for Saturdays KCBS event
- Chicken / 11:00 am
- Pork Ribs / 11:30 am
- Pork / 12:00 noon
- Brisket / 12:30 pm
- Kidz Chicken / 1:00 pm
- Kidz Steak / 1:30 pm
In no particular order -
- BLQUE Cutt'n Edge / laurence Hill / Hanford, Ca
- Chuck Wagon BBQ / Leonard Sanders / Oroville, Ca
- Slap Yo Daddy BBQ / Harry Soo / Diamond Bar, Ca (Returning Grand Champion)
- Big B's Down & Dirty BBQ /Bill Souza, Pacifica, Ca (Returning Reserve Grand Champion)
- Ric's Righteous Ribs / San Jose, Ca, (Returning 2010 Peoples Choice Champion & 2009 Grand Champion)(Vendor)
- Mr Apple Jacks BBQ / Dave Duarte / Redding, Ca (Vendor)
- Chain Smokers BBQ / Dana Emerson / Redding, Ca
- Bam Dazy BBQ / Brendon Sullivan / Nevada City, Ca
- CrazyQ / Vance Salvador / Chico, Ca
- Ash Kickin Smokers / Jeff Lemeke / Lincoln, Ca (Vendor)
- Butcher's Daughter BBQ / Donna Fong / Alameda, Ca,
- Hog Me Tender / Ramone Noska / Benicia, Ca
- Smitty's Smoke Patrol / Darry Smith / Santa Clara, Ca
- Big O's BBQ 2HOT4U / Alan Odor / Meridian, Ca
- Sonoma Smokers / Rich Wallace / Glenn Ellen, Ca (vendor)
- Pigs Can Fly BBQ / Doug McCaffery / Placerville, Ca
- Papas Poorboys BBQ / Steve Monroe / Lincoln, Ca (Vendor)
- Dragons Breath BBQ / Brian Ross / Penn Valley, Ca (vendor)
- Rolling Bones BBQ / David Schmidt / Folsom, Ca
- Smokin Yankees BBQ / Chris Juencke / Stockton, Ca (vendor)
- Huminie's Hogalicious BBQ / Adam Hollman / Gilroy, Ca
- Drunk Uncles BBQ / John Chips / Chico, Ca
- Smokey Luv BBQ / Kevin Barteaux / Novato, Ca
- Big Pig BBQ / Tom Sharp / Oakley, Ca
- Ribs-A-Rockin BBQ / Dave & Laurie Lopp / (Vendor)
- Smoke Slayers BBQ
- Rocks BBQ / John Jackson / Newark, Ca
- Bowling Over Pigs / Chuck Collendez / Brentwood, Ca
- Great American BBQ / Harry Stewart / Hayward, Ca
- Mars Mobile Grill
- Big Pig BBQ
- Barbeque Patriots
- R&J BBQ
- Bowling Over Pigs
- Great American BBQ
Judges Check-in 9:30 AM
Judges Meeting 10:00 AM
First turn in 12:00 Noon
- Barbra Martinez
- Gene Vanderplant
- Mel Squires
- Sheila Argue
- Ashley King - CBJ
- Cesar Lozano - CBJ
- Scott Simpson - CBJ
- Tracy Allen - CBJ
- Aron Staines- CBJ
- Lori Lieneke- CBJ
- Bill Bain - CBJ
- Melanie Wong - CBJ
- Ed Parsons - CBJ
- Marla Parsons - CBJ
- Robert Thomas - CBJ
- Tom Breitweiser - CBJ
- Paul Brown - CBJ
- Peggy Brown - CBJ
- Richard Boyle - CBJ
- Dick Good - CBJ
- Paul Ackerman-CBJ
- Dave Baggetti-CBJ
- Brian Hueghs - CBJ
- Susan Hueghs - CBJ
- Bob Leher - CBJ
- Pat kennealy-CBJ
- Ed Gregory- CBJ
- Julie Menge
- Richard Collins
- Roger Remmington
- Micheal West
- Grand Champion
- Reserve Grand Champion