3rd Annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cookoff
What? KCBS Contest - 3rd Annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-off
KCBS Sanctioned and CBBQA ToY event!
When? July 25 set-up and cook's meeting at 7 pm, with Sat. July 26, 2014 competition day
Where? Montague CA, 6 miles east of Yreka CA at the end of CA Hwy.3, about 20 miles south of the Oregon border
All results posted here and on the KCBS site at this link. []
2014 Entry Forms
contact john hammond email@example.com
Email John Hammond (above) and he will email you the entry form.
Montague Rotary website
$300.00. Entry Fee (20â€™x25â€™ space) includes water/electrical
$350.00. Entry Fee (25â€™x40â€™ space) includes water/electrical
$40.00 discount if application received by April 15, 2014
Larger spaces limited - available on first come basis, If you require an even larger space contact us - we will see what can be done.
FRIDAY NIGHT POTLUCK after the cook's meeting will be a fun time. The bar will be open!
Please indicate on your entry form if you can bring a dish to share.
Teams Confirmed To Date
1. Big Pig
2. California Grill Billies
3. Rogue Caveman Q
Judges Confirmed To Date
1. karen Anderson
2. Einar Anderson
3. Peggy Browm
4. Paul Brown
Prizes & Awards
Guaranteed Prize Money: $8000.00 minimum
Grand champion: $1250.00
Reserve Champion: $750.00
1st place: $500.00,
2nd place: $400.00,
3rd place: $300.00,
4th place: $200.00,
5th place: $100.00,
Turn in Times
Normal times for a Traditional Sanctioned KCBS contest with 2014 rules
Tasters Choice Contest
Tickets will be sold for $2.00 to the public to taste the BBQ of participating teams.
SBCC will split the proceeds 50/50. Participation is encouraged but not required.
Teams not participating are welcome to donate leftover BBQ meat to the SBCC for sale to the public.
Holiday Inn Express at 707 Montague Rd. right off the I-5 exit to Montague - 530-842-1600
King rate is $99.00 + tax; Twin Queen is $109.99 + tax. Check-in 7/25 Check-out 7/28 Reserve rooms by 7/15/14 to get reduced rate.
Ask for â€śMontague Rotaryâ€ť rate. Holiday Inn Express amenities: full hot breakfast, heated pool, newly built. RV park adjacent
Grocery stores to purchase meat:
1. Shasta Valley Meats Butcher Shop - 410 S. 11th St., Montague (2 blocks south on 11th St.) 459-5149,
2. Cortrightâ€™s Market - 1 mile away on Webb St. in Montague. Go north on 11th St. to right on Webb St., on left.Ice bags available here, fuel, deli, grocery items, limited meat.
3. Grocery Outlet - 5.5 miles west on Rt. 3, in Yreka. Grocery store with meat for sale.
4. Raleyâ€™s Supermarket (Nob Hill Chain) - 10 miles away, in Yreka Junction Shopping Center, south end of town.
5. Siskiyou Distributing - 1313 N. Foothill Dr. Yreka CA. Call for hrs: 842-1616