3rd Annual Classic BBQ Cook Off
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2013
Entry DEADLINE September 13,2013
$100 Entry fee - Non Refundable
Three Meat BBQ Cook Off
- Chicken - Turn in 12 noon
- Tri-Tip - Turn in 12:30pm
- Pork Ribs - Turn in 1:00pm
Info Matthew Willoughby (530) 401-8293 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judges application coming online soon.
Contact Tracy Allen at email@example.com if you want to get on the judges list.
$2500 Total Prize money
$500 for Peoples Choice winner / PC prize money only goes to teams that vend
$500 for Grand Champion / $300 for Reserve Grand Champion
1st Place $175.00 / 2nd Place $125.00 / 3rd Place $100.00 per division
Awards Ceremony - 4:30pm
Peoples Choice Competition & Vending
- PC Judging will be done by six random audiance members, no formal training.
- Teams will turn in six additional pork ribs for PC judging.
- NO Garnish for PC
- PC Turn in will be at 1:30 at event stage.
- PC Vending Starts at 1:30pm and ends at 4:00pm unless you run out of food.
- PC tickets available in advance & at event. Five Tickets for $10.
- Teams can set Peoples Choice vending food amounts to be served per ticket.
- Nevada County Fairgrounds must approve menu items for vending.
- Water and power will be available.
- Teams PC vending payback is 75/25 split, and $500 to PC Champion.
Rules & Regs
- Event is open to Pros and Amateurs
- This is a three meat cook, Tri-Tip / Chicken thighs/ St Louis pork ribs
- Must enter all three meats to qualify for Grand Champion
- Must vend to public to be eligible for Peoples choice prize money
- Entry fee is $100.00 and non refundable
- Teams can start setting up at 5:00am Sunday Sept 22nd, teams must be prepared to serve by 1:30 pm
- Small cooking trailers allowed at site (upon discretion of Nevada County Fairgrounds)
- No vehicles at cook site
- Meat Inspection will be done at check in (no pre-seasoning or marinade before inspection)
- Water and power will be avalible
- Each team must have a min 5lb working fire extinguisher at cook site
- Overnight dry camping will be avalible for those choosing to come in saturday evening. Teams must make arrangements with Nevada County Faigrounds within competition entry form.
- Break down and cleanup is allowed after 4:00pm, No vehicles inside event while guest are in attendence.
- Team / Vendor agrees to clean and vacate premises by 7:00pm on Saturday Sept 22, 2013
- Event will be hel Rain or shine, no refunds
- Wood, briquettes, pellets and gas legal (No electric)
- Ash Kickin' Smokers
- Big Shot BBQ
- Carolina Q
- Charlie Dawgs
- High Dessert Smokers
- Smokin' the Bandit BBQ
- Pork Dynasty
- West Coats BBQ
- Bradas Of Da Rack / John Candaleria / Auburn Ca (VENDOR)
- Buffalo Boys BBQ /
- Diamond Lounge Q
Tracy Allen - Head Judge
- Kyle Nesser (Cook)
- Brad Klinefeld (PC)
- Ronnie Santana (PC)
- Daniela Santana (PC)
- Dave Bagettie (CBJ)
- Todd Yates (CBJ)
- Jody Hall (Cook)
- Richard Hill
- Steve Geffs
Missy Yates (Turn-in Table)