2nd Annual Ribstock - Peace, Love & BBQ
Come back frequently for updates.
The 2nd Annual RibStock BBQ Competition is a fully sanctioned, four meat, Kansas City Barbeque Society Contest and has been approved as a CBBQA Team of the Year Event.
In addition to the four meat Pro Division contest there is a two meat Backyard Division which is an official KCBS Ancillary Contest.
Classic Rock & Roll, a carnival for the kids and the Heineken Beer Garden highlight the activities for teams and spectators.
The 1st Annual RibStock BBQ Competition drew over 3,500 paid BBQ enthusiasts from all over Northern California and we expect this year to be even bigger. So Bring Your Q On!!!
Friday, September 16, 2011 - Teams from both divisions can arrive starting at 10am
Saturday, September 17, 2011 - Pro Division (KCBS Contest & CBBQA TOY Event) and Backyard Division (KCBS Ancillary Contest)
The 2nd Annual RibStock 2011 is being held at Cameron Park Lake, in Cameron Park, CA. This small Sierra Foothill community is located on the Western Slope of El Dorado County which is famous for the discovery of gold and starting the rush Westward.
Cameron Park Lake Recreation Area offers a comfortable setting for all teams with grassy spaces for setup and lots of shade trees. Youâ€™ll enter the Cameron Park Lake Recreational Area from the back gate which will take you through the Cameron Park Air Park. This is a very unique neighborhood where residents â€˜driveâ€™ their planes from their homes to/from the runway. SPECIAL NOTE: Be aware that once you make the right turn onto Fairway Drive there may be planes taxiing on the streets. PLEASE PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE STREET AND STOP. Give the planes the right of way. The side and rear views from these planes are extremely limited so assume they cannot see you. We received one complaint last year from a resident pilot who was not given the right of way by one of our participating teams. It was obvious they were a team as they were towing a smoker. Remember we are visitors to this area who have been given access to the back side of Cameron Park Lake by these residents.
It's very easy to get to Cameron Park Lake. From Sacramento it's only 35 miles to the Lake by taking Highway 50 East towards Lake Tahoe. In about 32 miles (you'll pass by Rancho Cordova, Folsom & El Dorado Hills) you'll take the second exit for Cameron Park, Cameron Park Drive. Take a left at the signal light and continue down Cameron Park Drive for 1.5 miles where you'll make a left at the signal onto Oxford Road. Take the first right onto Fairway Drive (remember to watch for the airplanes!) and then the first right onto Western Drive. Take the second left onto Boeing Road and finally the first left onto Baron Court. Drive up and over the hill and you'll come to the gate where a RibStock volunteer will greet you. Please have your parking pass showing on your dash when approaching the gate.
For more information about Cameron Park Lake, visit http://www.cameronpark.org/cameron_park_lake.html
Pro Division - An early bird entry fee of $225 is good until July 17, 2011, after which the fee goes up to $275.
Backyard Division - An early bird entry fee of $75 is good until July 17, 2011, after which the fee goes up to $125.
Included in the fee is electrical power (Teams must bring their own extension cords, recommend 100'), water (Teams must bring their own splitter and hose. Teams with hoses and splitters will be assigned spaces so there is no interuption of water flow.) and a 10'x20' space. A limited number of 10'x30' spaces are available for an additional $50 and a limited number of 10'x40' spaces are available for an additional $100. Requests for larger spaces will be prioritized first by returning teams and then new teams. Weâ€™ll go by the receive date of the completed application and payment of the standard fee for a 10â€™x20â€™ space. Teams assigned a larger space will be notified on August 1st and required to pay the additional fee by August 26th in order to keep the larger space otherwise it will be offered to the next team in the priority line.
Credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) are now being accepted. Call Ed Anhorn at (916) 599-5095 for more information.
It looks like we're going to have the same parking issue as last year. This means all vehicles/trailers not critical to the actual cooking process will need to be parked away from the competition area. Be prepared to sleep in a tent or under your canopy in your cooking area if you want to stay close to your meats.
How to Reserve Your Spot
Here are all the forms needed to participate as a Pro Division Team, a Backyard Division Team or a Judge.
Pro Division Application - http://rib-stock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2011-PRo-cooker-application.pdf
Backyard Division Application - http://rib-stock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2011-backyard-BBQ-application.pdf
The Backyard Division
All of your friends tell you that you BBQ the best ribs and chicken. You watch all of the BBQ related TV foodie shows. You've also seen BBQ competitions and wonder how well you would stack up against other people who are just as passionate about BBQ as your are.
Well, it's time to 'throw it down' and see how you can do against other BBQ enthusiasts as the 2nd Annual RibStock BBQ Competition is also holding the 2nd Annual RibStock Backyard Division Competition which is an official KCBS Ancillary Contest with two meats (chicken & ribs). You'll be placed among the Pro Division Teams so you can talk to them and learn ways to make your BBQ even better. Every single Backyard Competitor from RibStock 2010 commented on how approachable the Pro Division Teams were and how much they learned about the Competition BBQ Community.
To make it easier to be 'sanitation safe' the RibStock Contest Organizer will provide three 18"x24" disposable cutting boards to each Backyard Team. Give Ed Anhorn a call at (916) 599-5095 or email him at email@example.com to find out how easy it is to start your team and step into the fun & exciting world of Competition BBQ.
Friday Night Potluck
As of September 13, 2011 we have the following teams signed up to participate at a potluck on Friday night. If you want to join us just bring a dish!!
Addicted to Rub - King Ranch Casserole
Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ
Rob Z's Real Pit BBQ
Too Ashamed To Name
West Coast BBQ
Smokey Luv BBQ -- Asian Cucumber Salad
Bootleg BBQ Co.
Sauced Hogz BBQ
Smokn' Train Wreck
Saturday Morning Breakfast
The El Dorado County Sheriff's Explorer Youth Group is cooking breakfast to raise money for their program. The food has been sponsored by Tony's Fine Foods. Breakfast is $6 for eggs, bacon & potatoes and coffee or orange juice. The money for breakfast will be collected at the judges meeting.
Mark's Kitchen & Smokin BBQ will bring at least 3 hungy cooks to breakfast. Smokey Luv BBQ will send three eaters...
We thank the following sponsors that have signed on to make RibStock a smokin' success:
Cameron Park Community Services District
Blue Shield of California
Autotronics Automotive Repair
Sierra Smokehouse BBQ & Custom Catering
Folsom Lake Realty
think - Design, Print & Mail
96.9FM The Eagle
1320AM ESPN Radio - Sacramento
Village Financial Group
If you would like to become a sponsor email Ed Anhorn at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the complete event go to: http://rib-stock.com/
Turn in Schedule
12:00pm ~ Chicken Judging
12:30pm ~ Pork Ribs Judging
1:00pm ~ Pork Shoulder Judging
1:30pm ~ Beef Brisket Judging
Payouts - UPDATED August 11, 2011
Pro Division (a fully sanctioned KCBS Four Meat Contest)
Grand Champion -
$500 $1,000, three pedestal trophy and free entry into the 2012 event
Reserve Champion -
$250 $500, three pedestal trophy and free entry into the 2012 event
Payout for each Category (Chicken, Ribs, Pork & Brisket) from 1st through 5th places and trophies awarded from 1st through 10th places:
1st Place -
2nd Place -
3rd Place -
4th Place -
5th Place -
Backyard Division (an official KCBS Ancillary Contest)
Grand Champion - $100 and a trophy
Reserve Champion - $75 and a trophy
Trophies for each Category (Chicken & Ribs) awarded from 1st through 3rd places.
Pro Division Confirmed
- Addicted To Rub BBQ Team / Pitmaster - Heidi Anhorn (PC Participant)
- Rolling Bones BBQ Team / Pitmaster - David Schmidt
- 155 South Bar-B-Q / Pitmasters - Bram Britcher & Matt Brailey (RibStock 2010 RGC)
- CrazyQ / Pitmaster - Vance Salvador
- Big Shot BBQ / Pitmaster - Jack Simmons (PC Participant)
- Hound Dog BBQ / Pitmaster - Bob Christensen (PC Participant)
- Fleur de Liscious Bro-B-Q / Pitmaster â€“ Sean Boatright
- Markâ€™s Kitchen & Smokinâ€™ BBQ / Pitmaster â€“ Mark Evenson (PC Participant)
- Dadâ€™s Doing What They Love / Pitmaster Chris Hanson
- Crime Scene BBQ Team / Pitmaster â€“ Jon Mansmith
- Rob Z's Real Pit BBQ / Pitmaster â€“ Robert Zavatero
- Bones N Brews / Pitmasters - Tony White
- Too Ashamed To Name / Pitmaster - Scott Hares
- Plastered Pig BBQ / Pitmasters - Dana Myers
- Canyon Riders BBQ / Pitmaster - Joe Zigulis (PC Participant)
- Smoke Slayers / Pitmasters - Johnny Parry
- Cactus Q Team / Pitmaster - James Nakamura (PC Participant)
- Huminieâ€™s Hogalicious BBQ / Pitmaster â€“ Adam Hollman
- Pigs Can Fly BBQ / Pitmaster - Doug McCaffrey (PC Participant)
- Big B's Down N Dirty BBQ / Pitmaster - Bill Souza
- John Dos BBQ / Pitmaster - John Allen
- Starvin' Marvin's Bay Area BBQ / Pitmaster - Scott Johnston
- Smokey Luv BBQ / Pitmaster â€“ Kevin Barteaux (PC Participant)
- Woodhouse Barbecue / Pitmaster - John Anderson
- Butcher's Daughter BBQ / Pitmaster - Donna Fong (PC Participant)
- Hog Me Tender / Pitmaster - Ramone Noska (PC Participant)
- West Coast BBQ / Pitmaster - Dwayne Ross (PC Participant)
- Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ / Pitmaster - Harry Soo (PC Participant)
- Smokehouse 10 / Pitmaster - David Tendick (PC Participant)
- Cecil's Smok'n BBQ / Pitmaster - Richard Holguin
- Pig Pimp'n BBQ / Pitmaster - Jess Trujillo
- Fun Time BBQ / Pitmaster - Benny Adauto
- Bootleg BBQ Company / Pitmaster - Tony Sandoval (PC Participant)
- Chain Smokers / Pitmaster - Dana Emerson (PC Participant)
- Big Poppas Smokers / Pitmaster - Mike Clarke
- Bowling Over Pigs / Pitmaster- Chuck Collondrez
- Souza's Slammin' Slaughter BBQ / Pitmaster - Mike Souza
- Who's Smokin Now / Pitmaster - Raymond Porter (PC Participant)
- All Sauced Up / Pitmaster - Dave Malone (RibStock 2010 GC)
- Royal Smokin' Hot BBQ / Pitmaster - Kevin O'Grady (PC Participant)
Backyard Division Confirmed
- Steady Hoggin' BBQ Team / Pitmaster - Rick Kerksieck
- It'll Eat / Pitmaster - Brian Manning
- Sauced Hogz BBQ / Pitmasters - Drew Backus
- Zom-B-Q / Pitmaster - Brian Tucker
- Smok'n Train Wreck / Pitmaster - Chris Dragoo
- BBQT And The Beast / Pitmaster - Rich Martinez
- Justice Family BBQ / Pitmaster - John Justice
New Teams Expected to Compete
- Bigfoot BBQ / Pitmaster - Jason Fareira
2010 Teams We Hope Will Return
- Barbecue Patriots / Pitmaster - Matt Damon
- Ash Kickin' Smokers / Pitmaster - Jeff Lemke
- T-Hoss Barbeque / Pitmaster - Eric Thoss
- Ric's Righteous Ribs / Pitmaster - Ric Gilbert
- Smokey J's BarBQue / Pitmaster - Jon Davis
- Still Smok'n BBQ / Pitmaster - Ramon Chacon
- BLQUE Cuttin' Edge BBQ / Pitmaster - Larry Hill
- Bird's Pit Crew / Pitmaster - C J Bird
- 5 J's BBQ / Pitmaster - Steve Rodriguez
- Creole Clyde's Smokin' BBQ / Pitmaster - Clyde Smith
- JohnnieMae's BBQ / Pitmaster - Mike Watson
- We Olive / Pitmaster - Ken Massegian
- Smokes Butt'r Than U / Pitmaster - Brent Irick
- Team Stoves N' Stuff / Pitmaster - Rick Williams
- Where There's Smoke / Pitmaster - Mark Oliver
- Port O' Q / Pitmaster - Rick Boyd
- Half Fast Smokin / Pitmaster - Aubrey Moore
- The Afterburners / Pitmaster - Paul McEssy
- Pork -n- Bones / Pitmaster - Ken Goeppner
Registered Judges for 2011 Competition
As of September 12, 2011 we have the following CBJ's signed up to judge at RibStock 2011.
- Tracy Allen
- Einar Anderson
- Karen Anderson
- Bill Bain
- Dave Beghetti
- Tom Breitweiser
- Paul Brown
- Peggy Brown
- Jason Clark
- Richard Collins
- Jon Davis
- Campbell Foster
- Phil Garcia
- Scott Gomes
- Dick Good
- Robert Hall
- Deborah Hoernig
- Glenn Hoernig
- David Hornby
- Trish Iriye
- Chris Juencke
- Bob Lehner
- Lori Lieneke
- Julie Poe Menge
- Ralph Michel
- Marcia Moy
- Barry Morris
- Ed Parsons
- Marla Parsons
- Roger Remington
- Greg Roberson
- Aidan Robson
- Linn Sharp
- Thomas Sharp
- Scott Simpson
- Dick Smith
- Aaron Staines
- Amberleigh Stipicevich
- Robert (Bob) Thomas
- Mark Williams
- Melanie Wong
Quality Inn & Suites â€“ Cameron Parkâ€Ž - (530) 677-2203
Offers 63 rooms and suites with convenient access to Hwy 50, just off Cameron Park Drive. This Cameron Park, CA hotel is only 3 minutes from the event grounds and close to a number of local points of interest like the Placerville Speedway and the El Dorado National Forest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel â€“ El Dorado Hills - (877) 859-5095
Enjoy your stay at the award-winning Holiday Inn ExpressÂ® Hotel & Suites in El Dorado Hills is located just off of Highway 50, just 10 minutes from the event grounds. The hotelâ€™s property is close to a variety of leisure attractions, such as Red Hawk Casino and Folsom Lake, Apple Hill, historic Placerville and more than 100 wineries. Guests can go rafting on the American River or learn about the gold rush by visiting Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. From world class golfing, hiking, skiing, cycling or wine tasting, your favorite place to play is never far from El Dorado Hills.
- Grand Champion
- Reserve Grand Champion