2nd Annual California Honey Festival and BBQ Championship
|Line 206:||Line 206:|
#The Pit Crew BBQ of SoCal
#The Pit Crew BBQ of SoCal
# Wild Willy's
# Wild Willy's
Revision as of 15:14, 4 May 2014
CALIFORNIA HONEY HARVEST FESTIVAL
Date: June 13th and 14th
Fillmore Central Park Plaza
250 Central Ave. Fillmore, California 93015
4 Meat BBQ Contest + People's Choice Saturday 12-4 50/50 split
CBBQA ToY Event - Approved!
Each of 4 Meats as Follows
If you have any questions please contact Roger Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone "805-857-2785"
Team Specific Information
KCBS Contest Rules can be found here PDF
20 amp electrical
20x40 standard site (larger site available)
Team Entry Form
Page 1 of 2 Benefiting: AUTISM SPEAKS Team Application $___TBD_____ IN CASH PLUS PRIZES & AWARDS Special award for best decorated Team site! KCBS Event/AUTIZUM SPEAKS Event June 13-14, 2014 at the Fillmore Central Park Plaza 250 Central Ave. Fillmore, California 93015
Entry Fees: $250 ($300 after May 1, 2014) ***see note page 2 All sites are 20 x 40 with power â first come first positioned 2oz samples for public to taste on Saturday from 12 to 4
(50/50 split of proceeds for samples by ticket count)
Team Name: _______________________________ Head Cook: _________________________________ KCBS #_________________ Complete Address: _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ Cell phone or best contact number: ________________________________________________________ Email Address: _______________________________@________________________________________ Power needs: 20 amp (included at all sites) Event Apron (ONE FREE), others for $15 â Quantity by size: S_____ M_____ L_____ XL_____ XXL_____ XXXL_____
Ice available at corner store next to event Make checks payable to: CHHF, PO Box 853, Fillmore, CA 93016 Only applications with fees will be accepted Contact Roger Campbell with questions: email@example.com
Waiver of liability: I agree to indemnify, defend and forever save and hold harmless the City of Fillmore, Bennettâs Honey Farm, California Honey Harvest Festival, KCBS and CBBQA, each of their respective affiliates and related entities, and their respective principals, shareholders, members, partners, officers, directors, employees, representatives, tenants, agents, contractors and volunteers from and against any and all damages, claims, losses, demands, costs, expenses (including attorneysâ fees and costs), obligations, liens, liabilities, actions and causes of action, threatened or actual, which any one may suffer or incur arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the provision of the Products and Services or the failure of Vendor to provide the Products and Services in accordance with the terms of this agreement, except to the extent arising from the negligence or willful misconduct of California Honey Harvest Festival. The foregoing indemnification shall survive any termination or the expiration of the term of this agreement. Further, I hereby grant full permission to the event organizers and/or agents authorized by them and to each of the entities and individuals listed above, to use any photographers, video tapes, recordings or any other record of the event for any legitimate purpose. In addition, I agree to abide by all rules of KCBS and CBBQA and hereby assume full legal liability and responsibility for the behavior of my team members and guests.
Signature of Head Cook: X __________________________________________________
All BBQ Teams:
Water, ice available; ashâdump onâsite; power, trash cans, meat waste cans at all sites Set Up: Friday, June 13, 2014 any time after 8:00am Tear Down: On Saturday June 15, 2014 after 4:00pm or on Sunday
- $250 ($300 after May 1st)
- Details will be posted on our and CBBQA websites***
Team meeting at 7:00pm Entertainment on Saturday
Honey Farm Activities
Activities in the park include arts/craft vendors, food vendors, educational speakers on beekeeping and the importance of bees in maintaining balance and production of many of our agriculture trees and plants. Also scheduled is live musical entertainment. There will be 3 train rides to Bennett's Honey Farm, just east of Fillmore. The trains depart at 10:00am, 12:30pm and 3:00pm. During the Â˝ hour ride to the farm, there will be trackside demonstrations from actual beekeepers in their normal protective bee "suits' displaying how they "smoke" the bees in order to remove the frames so they can extract the honey and honeycombs. A docent will be on-board the train narrating the demonstration and describing the rural scenery. Once at Bennett's Honey Farm, passengers will be led by a docent for a tour of the processing facility. The only way to experience the "behind the scenes" tour is to take the train ride during the CA Honey Harvest Festival.
Friday Night Potluck
Canceled do to a lack of interest.
On-Site Rules and Regulations
- A mandatory Cooks' Meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Friday to go over the rules and to answer any questions about the current contest or about the series as a whole. The Festival Director will communicate the location.
- A mandatory Judges' Meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday to review the rules. . The Festival Director will communicate the location.
- Festival Director will be on-site by 8:00 a.m. on Friday.
- Official load in time is 8:00 a.m. on Friday.
- Official Power Time: Friday 12:00 p.m. â Sunday 4:00 p.m.
- No cooking of any kind may begin until meat has been inspected by the Official Meat Inspector. Meat inspection will be on Friday between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (If a team CANNOT arrive in time for this inspection they must make alternative arrangements IN ADVANCE by contacting the Festival Director.
- Teams are allowed to distribute samples to the public only one per ticket.
- Pits must be clean.
- There must be no cigarette or cigar smoking, no dipping snuff and no chewing tobacco while handling the meat or preparing it for competition.
- Clothing, signs, banners, stickers, etc. that displays crude, rude or graphic details/words/images is not permitted.
- Cleanliness of the cook, assistant cooks and contest area is required, and the use of rubber or plastic gloves while handling the meats is mandatory.
- Cook sites will be supplied with up to 20 amps of electricity; generators may be permitted with prior approval from the Series Director. Water sources will be available.
- Reminder: Each cook team must have an approved fire extinguisher on site.
- Contestants must provide all needed equipment and supplies.
- Pits, cookers, props, trailers, tents or any other equipment including generators may not exceed the boundaries of the team's assigned cooking space. Each team will have up to a 40 x 20 space.. Every effort will be made to accommodate your cooking equipment. Space will be used as efficiently as possible. All seasoning and cooking of product must be done within the confines of the team's assigned space.
- There will be an optional peopleâs choice contest on Sunday.
- A 9"x 9" Styrofoam container will be provided for each entry. Each team must submit enough pieces or enough of each entry for a table of six (6) judges. We encourage you to include as many portions as container space allows.
- All competitions will be blind judging only: Entries must be submitted in the numbered boxes provided by the contest representatives. The team number must show on top of the container at turn in. Boxes will then be re-numbered by the contest officials for submission to the judges.
- A container will be provided for hot ashes. After cooking is completed, please use this container to avoid fires and to help keep your area clean.
- It is the responsibility of the team to see that their assigned cooking space is kept clean and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out and all equipment removed from site. It is imperative that cleanup be thorough
- Load out for teams will be from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. Teams are permitted to stay overnight on Saturday and encouraged to participate in a secondary Peoples Choice Contest on Sunday.
- QUIET TIME is applicable from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Excessive use of radios or amplifying equipment will not be allowed at any time and is grounds for disqualification; therefore, the considerate use of such equipment MUST be observed at all times.
- No political signage is permitted.
- It is the responsibility of each team to secure all items when not present. Lock food, beverages and valuables out of sight in vehicles, and extinguish all fires/flames, unplug outlets, secure pits, chairs, ice chests and store alcohol in locked containers.
- No motorized vehicles other than those used for loading in and out are permitted. This includes golf carts, mopeds, scooters, ATVs and go-carts.
- Decisions of the judges, KCBS, are final.
Bennettâs Honey Farm reserve the rights to add, remove and or edit any of the above rules and all entered teams will be given notice of any changes
- Donna Fong
- Abel Tirre
- Anna Tirre
- Robert Hall
- Michael Santiago
- Peter Zeman
- Stef Donev
- Greg Ryan
- Jonathan Cypress
- James Evans
- Tom Breitweiser
- Gary Tackett
- Elvin Jiles Jr.
- Robert Bass
- Maryann Bass
- Vern Vallis
- Frank Smith
- Cheryl Sorah
- Greg Sorah
- Sam Taylor, Jr.
- Mark Masker
- Rick Brandini
- Sherry Aragon
- Pete Aragon
- Robert Bill
- Steve Engbrecht
- Eric Engbrecht
- Kay Spencer
- Paul Robles
- Kim Robles
- Wendy White
- Todd White
- Dave Ball
- Scott Simpson
- Chris Hansen
- Dan Diaz
- Nichelle Thomas
- Dean Richardson
- Bob Richardson
- Brian DeCoud
- Dave Crawford
- Matthew Bishop
- Paul Ackerman
- Michel West
- Robert Stouffer
- Mike Markowitz
- Dale Lamason
- Charlie Ball
- Daniel Dod
- Give it to God-Competition BBQ
- Cool Grilling
- Howlin BBQ
- Simply Marvelous BBQ
- Funtime BBQ
- All Hogs Sauced Up
- Smokin Red Devil's BBQ
- Tropical Heat BBQ
- Daddy O's Smokin BBQ
- Ridge Route Boys BBQ
- The Pit Crew BBQ of SoCal
- Wild Willy's
- Woodhouse BBQ
- Mad Dawgz BBQ