Great Dutch Oven Cookbook Offe

8 replies to this topic

#1 Glen Stanley

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:You don't want to know :)

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

For anyone interested, Campfire Café is offering their great cook book "Over The Open Fire" at $20.00 off the regular price of $39.99.

I have this book, and it is a thing of beauty. It's perfect as a coffee table book, with some of the nicest looking pictures of food you will see. It's laid out nicely too, and has some good recipes to boot........I would buy it again at the $39.99 price. It's a steal at $19.00.

All you have to do is sign up for their free newsletter at: www.campfirecafe.com. The sale ends April 20th.

#2 Brian Kreisler

Pops

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Interests:BBQing, rockets

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:44 AM

Glen,

Thanks for the info, I am going to get one right now.

Brian

#3 Brian Kreisler

Pops

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:53 AM

Bummer, I think I missed out on that deal. I don't see it on the site anymore. They have some cookset on sale. I tried to click on the link to sign up for newsletter and it dosen't go anywhere.

Maybe the offer was to popular and they ran out.

Glen, If you see it is still there Please email me.

Thanks,
Brian

#4 Glen Stanley

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:You don't want to know :)

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

The offer came via their E-mail newsletter. I didn't see it on their web-site. Maybe you have to sign up for the free newsletter, and wait until they send you the offer??? I know time is running out.

They do seem to repeat these newsletter offers a couple of times a year.

Good Luck :)

#5 Brian Kreisler

Pops

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hey Glen,

I called them and they told me that it was only an email offer just like you mentioned. I was able to sign up so maybe next time. Would make a great gift for my brothers birthday.

Thanks again,
Brian

#6 Mike Markowitz

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

I was on the www.campfirecafe.com web site this morning. I ordered a couple cook books and a DVD that were labled on closeout. I hope it will be worth the money. I also ordered two efile documents, which are 24 page *.pdf files that you down load

Mike Markowitz
n6xrf@sbcglobal.net

#7 Bill Freiberger

What can I say I like it here

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

Posted By Mike Markowitz on 04/18/2007 3:15 PM
I was on the www.campfirecafe.com web site this morning. I ordered a couple cook books and a DVD that were labled on closeout. I hope it will be worth the money. I also ordered two efile documents, which are 24 page *.pdf files that you down load

Mike Markowitz
n6xrf@sbcglobal.net

I have the cookbook and the DVDs, they're worth the money. The new hosts of Campfire Cafe aren't nearly as entertaining as Johnny Nix. You'll be very happy with your purchase.

Bill

#8 Marcel Fortin

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Dave Klose has a cast iron cookbook free to download on his website www.bbqpits.com. Scroll down to where the different areas to his web site are listed. The cast iron cookbook is in blue print.

Marcel

#9 Caputo Duckworth

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

Thanks Hal, for the great bread recipe. All these years, and I've never tried dutch oven cooking. I'd go into the mtns. and eat food that was barely edible. I bought three dutch ovens, this winter. I've been trying some recipes. This is really fun. Most of the food is turning out great. I think I'm hooked. I can't wait to pack up into the hills and do some cooking up there.

I tried making some no knead bread recently. It was okay, but your recipe sounds better. I think I'll try making some tonight. Thanks again....Steve

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users