Board Nominations Forum

16 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

Why does it say "not authorized to post"?

#2 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,120 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

HUMMM Must be set wrong let me look at it

#3 Bentley Meredith

Talks way too Much

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • Interests:"Pellet burners began in the time when Evil Stick Burners ruled BBQ history, when the Traegers made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The Technologically minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this techonology—to make War on Evil Stick Burners. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole backyards and entire BBQ Competitions. Those who mastered The Dark power became The Dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason to anger the Evil Stick Burners. They despoiled Eggheads…destroyed whole groups of WSM civilizations, and crushed the Elitist charcoal burners. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, have returned to the Evil Stick burner."

--Bentley Dark Lord of the Pellet

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:07 PM

Smitty, you must be bannished too!

#4 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,120 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

If the site lists you as a nonmember you cant get into the forum.

We can use this nomination time to get the list corrected prior to voting.

#5 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:07 PM

Posted By Bentley Meredith on 11/02/2006 10:07 PM

At least I'm getting my Barbeque News!

#6 Peter Benac

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photography, BBQ

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:37 AM

Posted By Darry Smith on 11/03/2006 1:07 AM
Posted By Bentley Meredith on 11/02/2006 10:07 PM

At least I'm getting my Barbeque News!

Hey That hurt!!

#7 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

I think the Association should pay someone to take care of all the problems that we experience on this baord everyday, of all the message boards I visit this one has the most problems...simply frustrating to use.

When can we get the time fixed?

When can I nominate a board member?

Does anyone have an answer?

#8 Grant Ford

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Golf, Dancing

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

It's easy to say pay someone to do this or do that. CBBQA is a charity organization. The money's CBBQA has is for charity. CBBQA has volunteers to help with operations at not cost, but yes it is slow.  If you would like to make a monthly donation towards that purpose please note on your check and it will be apply to do so.

Sincerely, Grant Ford CBBQA President

#9 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

Okay...I'm in.

Thanks to whoever pulled that string on my behalf.

#10 Grant Ford

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

Darry,

First you ask about paying someone for the board stuff. How you are asking about the online election. Are you just going to continue to just complain? The elections cost CBBQA money and it's put together at no cost to CBBQA. CBBQA only pays for the online service didn't charge members last year don't think CBBQA will this year.

Are you going to ask me another question to waste my time on. How about some support!

Grant Ford, CBBQA President 2005/2006 Oh, a little history for you since you sound new,  I was a VP before that, gee for free three years. Come on aboad with some support to CBBQA. It's not about me it's about CBBQA.

#11 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

Grant,

You've done a great service to the association, and as a member I appreciate your efforts.

I personally do quite a bit of volunteer work myself, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to or enjoy it.  I also contribute to quite a few charities locally that I believe in, and I feel good doing it.

I joined the CBBQA to compete in Competitions throughout the state of California, and I enjoy doing so.  I respect what the Association does in charity work, but that was/is not my main motivation to to be a member. Does that make me a bad member? 

I have no idea where the associations funds go, I suggested that if we pay for a site service then we quite possibly could eliminate some of the interent problems we have experienced this year. The rank and file membership are required to use the message board to make sure we get our membership benefits (NB News/Voting), than we also need to make sure our forum works.  If money is the problem (your words) than maybe and old fashion vote by mail is better?  Maybe a raise in member dues?  Maybe a few fund raisers for the CBBQA message board and operating expenses? 

As far you asking me for additional money,  I'd need to know where the annual budget stands before I spend beyond my annual dues...seems fair. 

#12 Tom Chilton

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Grilling, cooking

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

Posted By Grant Ford on 11/05/2006 9:17 PM

Darry,

First you ask about paying someone for the board stuff. How you are asking about the online election. Are you just going to continue to just complain? The elections cost CBBQA money and it's put together at no cost to CBBQA. CBBQA only pays for the online service didn't charge members last year don't think CBBQA will this year.

Are you going to ask me another question to waste my time on. How about some support!

Grant Ford, CBBQA President 2005/2006 Oh, a little history for you since you sound new,  I was a VP before that, gee for free three years. Come on aboad with some support to CBBQA. It's not about me it's about CBBQA.

This seems kind of harsh. Click on the picture for an explanation.

Posted Image

#13 Grant Ford

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:40 AM

Darry, (Tom kinda)

It would cost more to do it by mail, material, postage and personnel to put it together. That is why I changed it last year to the online service.

I too, do more than just CBBQA charity work, thought it has nothing to do with CBBQA, it stands on it own. I could list them all but it is pointless. What matter here is CBBQA. There are some folks donating money in support of different parts of CBBQA work. Some donate to the Smokin' Times, others the 29 Palms events, others stuff for the children, yes I am talking about "cash" not time, CBBQA have many many BBQ folks giving time and effort towards all these events and activities.

Yes, $36.00 is not much to run a growing CBBQA Organization that does what CBBQA does. Like giving $7,000 last year to make a wish, and others stuff. One great way to support CBBQA is to make a cash donation. If you don't have faith in the CBBQA Board then don't make a donation. The past two years of CBBQA has been great in charity work, more that every before. I think the board and the members of CBBQA have seen funds greatly used for Children, our Troops and their children and families.

It's going to be a hard next year; yes a budget is being put together. It will take donations to CBBQA, I don't think we should increase membership, but ask for donations that are tax deductible to our members. It works like this. If of our 300 +/- members where to give $100 each a year as a donation that would give CBBQA a budget of $30,000 bucks. WOW! Could we do allot with that. If they did $500.00 each a year that would be $150,000 bucks OH MY GOD, what could CBBQA do with that for BBQ and Children.......and yes it's possible. Churches do it every month, CBBQA would only ask once a year.

Will I hope that is not too harsh, but the future of CBBQA is in the hands of its members and the leadership they elect.

Sincerely, Grant Ford, CBBQA President

#14 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

Posted By Grant Ford on 11/06/2006 9:40 AM

...It's going to be a hard next year; yes a budget is being put together. It will take donations to CBBQA, I don't think we should increase membership, but ask for donations that are tax deductible to our members. It works like this. If of our 300 +/- members where to give $100 each a year as a donation that would give CBBQA a budget of $30,000 bucks. WOW! Could we do allot with that. If they did $500.00 each a year that would be $150,000 bucks OH MY GOD, what could CBBQA do with that for BBQ and Children.......and yes it's possible. Churches do it every month, CBBQA would only ask once a year...

I really don't know what to say to all of this.

#15 Grant Ford

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:38 AM

We'll here is something you could say.

Gee, Grant what a great idea, folks or members could give whatever they can, maybe $50 here $100 there $500 here or a $1,000 there. Then CBBQA would have a budget that they would really get things done for BBQ, Kids, and OH yeah you forgot to say the Troops and their families Grant.

Charity groups do this all the time, CBBQA could also. Do we have a reciept program in place. "Grant would say, that's one of the many reasons CBBQA has a bookkeeper now to handle stuff like that, CBBQA is behind of 2006 but the recipts will go out before the end of the year. Once all is in place then it will flow better, on of the many things the "Board" has been working on"

Gee, Grant that would be wonderful to have a strong working budget each year for CBBQA. What more wonderful things could get done each year!

Thanks for the great idea.....that would solve the cash issues. 

#16 Bentley Meredith

Talks way too Much

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • Interests:"Pellet burners began in the time when Evil Stick Burners ruled BBQ history, when the Traegers made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The Technologically minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this techonology—to make War on Evil Stick Burners. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole backyards and entire BBQ Competitions. Those who mastered The Dark power became The Dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason to anger the Evil Stick Burners. They despoiled Eggheads…destroyed whole groups of WSM civilizations, and crushed the Elitist charcoal burners. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, have returned to the Evil Stick burner."

--Bentley Dark Lord of the Pellet

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:59 AM

Grant...take a deep breath Bro!

#17 Grant Ford

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:20 AM

Yes breathing would be a good think, thats for taking care of the letter for the waters at the Q-Fest

Grant

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users