Wiki: 2nd Annual California Honey Festival and BBQ Championship

87 replies to this topic

#81 Stephan Franklin

President

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Great event, thanks and congrats Jerry on the RGC!

#82 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

OK- Here's me taking my foot out of my mouth apology to the judge's. You Guys have a very tough job, thank You for your continued service. My gripe is not with you it's with the system. Their are tools available that would certainly help with your job that aren't being utilized- unfortunately.

Les is Less. IMO

#83 sterling ball

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

We all get frustrated with judging... But Its really hard for me to read about a bad table from a cook who is going to cook 20-25 events. What about the ten events he gets to keep? None of those results are overjudged? Steve you will quite possibly get to discard 15 contests. Last year there were only 127 out of 8,000 teams that cooked what you are going to get to throw away.

BBQ Scores gives you great information to help you figure out where you stand. Jerry has an average event score of 673+....Steve you have a average this year after 13 contests of 657....you both hit table 981 this last week. What does this tell me? Jerry is cooking better. You want to mitigate bad tables? Control what you can control....your cooking. S.U A.C.

#84 sterling ball

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostSteve Wilson, on 15 June 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Yep, they could have cost you the GC, &%$@#^%$#er's

BTW This is disrespectful to the Grand Champion.

Edited by sterling ball, 16 June 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#85 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Steve I get your frustration with judging but this happens at every contest..there were 14 past GC's in the field and most multiple ones at that..so you can bet your ass there was some great food in that tent..like I've said to you before when you won the car there was a table there that hated everything that came across it..you didn't hit that table that day and won..if you would have hit it you wouldn't have the car..period..see my point?..it's just the way comp BBQ is sometimes you hit great tables where you knew your food was so so and it gets a call..nobody will complain about those gifts hahaha..bottom line is that even if you GC that contest is now in the past and all you can do is try to cook just as well next time..if you don't win cook better the next comp.

#86 jason miranda

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Jerry and Steph, you guys did it again! Congrats! Nice job Roger, smooth as can be, thanks.

#87 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

View Postjason miranda, on 16 June 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Jerry and Steph, you guys did it again! Congrats! Nice job Roger, smooth as can be, thanks.
Yes chef! Thank you chef!

#88 Bill Keyes

CBBQA Hall of Fame, Inducted 2013, Pres. Award 2012

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Big congrats to Steph for another GC and Jerry for his RGC. You guys are smokin'. And congrats to all who walked.
And what about our newest "Honey Queen Bee", Ardith Richardson? That was great to see her get reconized for all she does for us. Well deserved.
Thanks to Roger and his crew, did another great job. And thanks to , as Roger said, the best Reps in the Nation, Kathleen and Kelly. Awards were early, event ran smooth as usual. Thanks guys.
We had a great crowd this year, wish we were more prepared. Sold out of everything we had. Hope we made a nice chunk of change for the charity. Great seeing everone again. Though being at the PC area, wasn't able to get out and about to see everyone. Thank you all for coming to our neck of the woods and supporting this event.
Bill
Attached is a pic of the "honeycomb" cupcakes my wife made for the potluck. Looked better in person (and tasted pretty good, too).Posted Image

Edited by Bill Keyes, 17 June 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users