55 replies to this topic

#41 Frank Walsh

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Hi Jon

I searched my email and found your entry. I've updated the list with your name.

see you next week.

#42 Frank Walsh

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Below was sent to all teams signed up via email.

Hi
I want to thank you for joining us for the 3rd Annual Silicon Valley BBQ Championships on June 27th-28th, 2014 CBBQA Team of the Year and KCBS sanctioned competition. We have 48 teams signed up to compete for $15,000 in prize money and bragging rights. Below are additional details regarding this year’s event.
Setup
You are welcome to arrive in the afternoon on Thursday June 27th to start setting up. There will be security patrolling the park Thursday night.
Take down
You must remain in the ball field to the end the event ends at 8pm Saturday. This order comes from the Parks Department and Police Department, there will be no exception to this rule. At 8pm we will have a roped off corridor where you will be guide out of the ball field. If you don’t want to hit the road Saturday night, The Park doesn’t allow overnight stay in the parking lot, but does turn a blind eye to event participants and allows them to park their RV’s overnight on Patricia Dr. parking lot. If you stay Saturday night in the parking lot, you need to pull out first thing Sunday morning. You must leave your site as clean as you found it. If you stay the night I highly recommend Sunday morning wondering across Homestead Rd to a long time Santa Clara favorite Stan's Doughnuts. They are make the best Glaze Doughnuts. Melt in your mouth delicious.
Serving Food
With the exception of the teams with TFF permits, BBQ teams are not allowed to serve any food to the public. If you have any guest, they must remain in your cooking area while eating. The Health Department will be going around doing inspection of the food vendor’s Friday and Saturday, they will be observing what is going on in your cooking area. If they find you are giving food out, you will be shut down and asked to leave.
Drinking!
We’ll be selling beer, wine and Margaritas at the event and we encourage you to purchase it from one of our 2 booths in the baseball field. All money raised from the drink sells goes towards supporting the many Rotary Club of Santa Clara youth programs and helps to cover the overhead cost for this event. That being said whether you’re drinking our beer/wine or drinking what you bring, you need to have an ID bracelet to show you are of legal age. You can get these bracelets at the large Beer Garden. If you are consuming your own alcoholic beverages you need to keep it out of sight of the general public and in your cooking area. I want everyone to have fun but let’s make sure we keep on our best behavior. SCPD, Park Employees and Rotarians will be patrolling the park during the event.
Quiet Time
This park is surrounded by houses, please be considerate to the residents. Remember that quiet time is from 10pm-7am.
Breakfast
We’ll be serving breakfast for all BBQ teams on Saturday morning from 8:30am-9:30am or while supplies last at the volunteer tent located at the infield.
Ice
If you need ice, the first bag is free, after that each additional bag is $8.00. If you need ice during the event best to send me a text with your team name and I will radio the request in. 408-219-1852
Driving Directions
We recommend entering the park form Benton Street. From Benton, you would go South on White and make the first right on Hayward. Turn left at the tennis courts and the field will be on the right side. If you need an address for GPS, use Santa Clara Tennis Club 2600 Hayward Dr, Santa Clara Ca 95050. I’ve attached a map to this email and it is also posted on our wiki page at CBBQA.
Feel free to e-mail with any questions. I look forward to seeing all of you on the 27th.
Frank Walsh
Santa Clara Rotary
Event Chair
Silicon Valley BBQ Championships

#43 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Still a couple of spots left in the competition meat trimming class. It is so worth the $25.00 donation. Steve Aguilar attended last weekend at Pechanga and walked away with the GC.

#44 Steve Wilson

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Frank- What time are you planning to have the cooks meeting?

Class- We will start 10 minutes after the end of the meeting.

#45 Steve Wilson

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

To My Instructors- please send me an email at thewils83@hotmail.com, some of your pm's are not working.

#46 Frank Walsh

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Do to some last minute interest from teams to sign up, I've opened up additional space for 3 more teams. If you are interested you need to get back to ASAP. Fill out our entry form and email it to me to expedite getting signed up.

Note These additional spots on the field DO NOT have power. If you need power you will need to supply your own generator.

Frank

#47 Frank Walsh

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostSteve Wilson, on 23 June 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Frank- What time are you planning to have the cooks meeting?

Class- We will start 10 minutes after the end of the meeting.

cooks meeting will be at 6:00. Our wiki page does say 5:00 but have moved it to 6.

#48 Scott Simpson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA, Free diving, pipes and cigars, camping, competition BBQ

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Frank, what time is the judges meeting?

#49 K & K MacIntosh

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostScott Simpson, on 26 June 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Frank, what time is the judges meeting?
Check in at 10:00am and meeting starts at 10:30

#50 Brian Gutierrez

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Congrats to Rythym n Que and Burnin' and Lootin' on the GC and RGC as well to all those that walked. Great venue and a very well ran event by both Frank & team and Kelly & team.

#51 Stephan Franklin

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Congrats RnQ and B&L on your GC and RGC. I know first hand that Frank does an outstanding job at this contest.

#52 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thank you Frank for putting on this amazing event! You and your staff do a really great job! Thank you to K&K and their crew of officials for doing what you do.
Congrats to Vince and Alexa on winning GC and to all that walked!

#53 Zachary Galiste

Zack Galiste

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Congrats RnQ and B&L.
Another great year Frank.

#54 Steve Wilson

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Great contest Frank and The Rotary Club of Santa Clara. Congrats to RnQ & B&L. Congrats to all that landed on table 977. Thanks to K & K for another great contest. Thanks to the instructors and students at the trimming class, we raised another $500 for the Kids.

#55 Jess Trujillo

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Congrats to RnQ & B&L and everyone that walked and got called. Big Thanks to Frank & Team and the SC Rotary Club for another great event.

JT

#56 Carlton Allen

Hello

• CBBQA Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Bbq, World of Warcraft, travel.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

Ty everyone had a great time. Will be back next year. Grants to Grand chap and reserve champ. Learned a lot will see y'all next year.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users