←  KCBS

California BBQ Association Forum

»

Wiki: 4th Annual Dana Point BBQ Championship

TimW's Photo TimW 19 Nov 2013

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 4th Annual Dana Point BBQ Championship

Ryan Chester's Photo Ryan Chester 19 Nov 2013

Already??? OOOOHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Stephan Franklin's Photo Stephan Franklin 19 Nov 2013

We are trying to get as many contest dates on the calendar for the membership as possible.
Edited by Stephan Franklin, 19 November 2013 - 03:49 PM.

chris hansen's Photo chris hansen 19 Jan 2014

Will this be an Arlie Bragg event again?

Stephan Franklin's Photo Stephan Franklin 19 Jan 2014

Yes, Arlie is fully involved.
Edited by Stephan Franklin, 19 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 07 Feb 2014

2013's largest bbq contest is back again. We will have $25,000 in prize money again along with all the dinners etc. As you know about 102 teams is all we can take and I don't think we will expand it anymore at this time! With the help of KCBS Rep Kelly McIntosh we have a goggle doc form this year and it is ready to go. You can fill it out online and then just send the check to me. The link is on my site on the events page at www.arliequeevents.com

This is also the link:

https://docs.google....rm#start=invite

Lets fill this contest up early and not leave out anyone!

Thanks so much for your support and see you all soon.

Arlie Bragg
arlieque@comcast.net
615-758-8749

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 10 Feb 2014

WOW, Thank you to all the teams that are entering early. Is great to see the support and helps me with judges and site prep. You can use the online form, it has a cell that you state when your check will arrive to me. If we are getting full before that date I will let you know. So sign up now and send check later in the summer.

thanks

Arlie

Larry Adkins's Photo Larry Adkins 11 Feb 2014

Thanks Arlie, I sent our application in via the google form so MAD DAWGZ BBQ is looking forward to this event again this year.

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 04 Apr 2014

Getting close to 60 teams already signed up. If you did and haven't sent your check on the date you said you would please do so I can forward on to the event. So sameas last year if we get the 100 teams paid we will up the purse to $30,000. $5000.00 more than last year. I think that would make us the largest and the largest purse.

Arlie

Mike Brady's Photo Mike Brady 04 Apr 2014

Thanks Arlie,Rookie team Smoke Hound BBQ is looking forward to competing. App done on goggle today,if you need the check sooner please Email me the address.

Mike Brady

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 08 Apr 2014

Teams as I get close to 60 teams signed up for Dana Point I remind you that at Long Beach there were 10+ teams that waited too long and didn't make the cut. I will only take 102 teams so don't wait too long on this one and the other teams, you need to send in your money.

Thanks Arlie Bragg
arlieque@comcast.net

Leslie Klinke's Photo Leslie Klinke 08 Apr 2014

Arlie can we give you the dana point check at long beach bbq?

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 10 Apr 2014

yes

Larry Adkins's Photo Larry Adkins 10 Apr 2014

Arlie
Mad Dawgz BBQ will hand deliver our check for Dana Point

Thanks,

Larry
Mad Dawgz BBQ

Mike Brady's Photo Mike Brady 10 Apr 2014

Arlie

Smoke Hound BBQ will be competing at Long Beach. We will have a check for Dana Point for you then

Thanks

Mike

Kevin Evans's Photo Kevin Evans 01 May 2014

DANA POINT BBQ CHAMPIONSHIP FEATURED IN USATODAY ARTICLE:
Please check out the USA Today article in the Travel section featuring the Dana Point BBQ Championship. The article lists the contest among some of the biggest KCBS events offered throughout the country (i.e. American Royal). This artcile is a testament to the high calibur contests offered throughout California, the leadership of the California BBQ Association and to the quality of the teams that coninually support the contests throughout the state. Thanks to Arlie, Kelly, Kathleen & Gene who had the vision to bring a bbq contest to Dana Point and to all of the teams that have supported this event for the past three years. This article should be a real boost in attracting more visitors to the event to taste some mighty good BBQ. Thank you again for all of your support. Kevin

K & K MacIntosh's Photo K & K MacIntosh 01 May 2014

View PostKevin Evans, on 01 May 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

DANA POINT BBQ CHAMPIONSHIP FEATURED IN USATODAY ARTICLE:
Please check out the USA Today article in the Travel section featuring the Dana Point BBQ Championship. The article lists the contest among some of the biggest KCBS events offered throughout the country (i.e. American Royal). This artcile is a testament to the high calibur contests offered throughout California, the leadership of the California BBQ Association and to the quality of the teams that coninually support the contests throughout the state. Thanks to Arlie, Kelly, Kathleen & Gene who had the vision to bring a bbq contest to Dana Point and to all of the teams that have supported this event for the past three years. This article should be a real boost in attracting more visitors to the event to taste some mighty good BBQ. Thank you again for all of your support. Kevin
Link to article: http://www.usatoday....itions/8416047/

Kelly

Arlie Bragg's Photo Arlie Bragg 18 May 2014

After Making the USA Today we are filing up quick! The teams already entered need to send on their money. 60+ teams already!

Frank Portera's Photo Frank Portera 02 Jun 2014

Porktera BBQ is signed up, Look forward to meeting you Arlie.

Bill Keyes's Photo Bill Keyes 04 Jun 2014

Tropical Heat BBQ sent in our check last week.

Wouldn't want to miss this event, one of the best.