Wiki: 3rd Annual Wine Country Big Q BBQ Championship

88 replies to this topic

#81 Dana Myers

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postmatt dalton, on 15 July 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Dana we were told once your member number is linked to your team name this should no longer happen.

I already had a different team name on-file at KCBS and hadn't updated it - it didn't matter until now. So they're correcting that, and updating the Big Q results to match. Pork Dynasty had the same problem.

#82 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Has it hit you yet Steve? I was so glad to have been there to see you earn your first GC. I remember the day we met in Oakland two years ago when you started the rookie year late. It's been a long journey and I'm so happy for you and (Pam even though she wasn't there!) and the rest of your crew. Congratulations to Paul Drews (and your son?) for RGC. Both GC and RGC went to teams missing an essential member. It makes it that much more amazing. Great job guys. Thanks to Drew, Judy, Kelly, Kathleen, the guys who were so good to pick up our garbage, Chris and Mike (our volunteers) and Jeroen and Jeff (our friends) and to Woodhouse for hosting Friday night and to R&R for hanging out with us and sharing some good stories. Thanks to Frank and Ray from Porktera for being great neighbors.

Looking forward to Placerville.....

#83 Sylvie Curry

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Congrats to the Pit Crew and to IAB. Great job.

#84 Steve Wilson

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks to all the great people in BBQ.

#85 Ira Pupko

New to this forum

• CBBQA Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

We're constantly amazed by the warm, gracious people we meet at comps. This weekend, Judy Groverman and her crew put on one of the smoothest run comp events we've ever been to. The event was extremely well-organized and her team, to a person, was eager to help in every way possible, welcoming to no end, and efficient to a fault! We want to thank Roger and Rod, of Team R&R, for some great tips - ranging from where to find some nifty disposable table covers to cooking a great pork butt. This was especially appreciated since it came from last year's 27th place team nationally in Pork. It was great to meet some Facebook friends in person, finally, and they were every bit as warm in person as they've been on Facebook. A huge congrats to Steve Wilson on his first GC.....two years of hard work in the making...and making his mentor, Harry Soo, quite genuinly proud in the process. Harry's list of protoge's grows and grows, and boasts noteworthy successes on the circuit. Congrats to Paul Drews, of I A B 30 (Its Always Beer:30) on his RGC, and to Donna Fong, of Butcher's Daughter, and Harry Soo, of Slap Yo' Daddy, who took 3rd and 1st place, respectively, in the Mystery Meat category...the latter scoring (yet another) perfect 180 in the category. Last, but very much not least, I want to acknowledge the Galiste family.....dad Derrick and Zac "The Kid" Galiste, who made it a point to trek over from the far side of the site to congratulate team Hog Heaven on its modest 8th place overall finish...for which we were very excited. Zack's team, Son of Smoke, and we, are, if you're not aware, fighting a hard-fought back and forth battle for CA. Rookie Team of the Year, and their well-wishes after the event showed what a class act the Galiste's are. If "the Kid" wins this year's RToY, we'll be nothing but happy for and proud of this young man. We aim to make it tough for them though....so they'll have to earn it! It was a great weekend for lots of reasons, and another post-comp lost Monday; recovery after a comp weekend is brutal! That's all for now, but more to come soon...as always! - Ira

#86 Derrick Galiste

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:BBQ and Photography

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Ira

#87 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

The new contest review article has been written by our winner himself and posted on the front page. Thank you Steve for authoring the review. Please enjoy everyone.

#88 Steve Wilson

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Kelly McIntosh asked me to write the article for Smokin' Times. It's that article.

#89 K & K MacIntosh

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostSteve Wilson, on 19 July 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Kelly McIntosh asked me to write the article for Smokin' Times. It's that article.
And an excellent article it is! This will be in the August National BBQ News along with photos from Tracy Allen. Thanks Steve!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users