←  KCBS

California BBQ Association Forum

»

Wiki: 3rd Annual Wine Country Big Q BBQ Ch...

Darry Smith's Photo Darry Smith 23 Jan 2013

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 3rd Annual Wine Country Big Q BBQ Championship

Darry Smith's Photo Darry Smith 23 Jan 2013

We're looking forward to attending our first Wine Country Big Q this year up in Santa Rosa.

Tracy Allen's Photo Tracy Allen 24 Jan 2013

Another wonderful Nor Cal BBQ event for the calendar!

David Tendick's Photo David Tendick 29 Jan 2013

We missed the first 2 events but not this year, Smokehouse 10 is looking forward to attending this year.

Ryan Moore's Photo Ryan Moore 29 Jan 2013

I'm thinking we might be traveling for this one

Donna Fong's Photo Donna Fong 29 Jan 2013

I cooked this the first year, judged it the second year and I think I'll be back to cooking again this year. The venue is gorgeous. Nice bathrooms. Weather is always good.

Frank Portera's Photo Frank Portera 22 Feb 2013

This was a fun event! Hope they have Lamb and a Mystery meat again! Count Porktera BBQ in! Looking forward to it...

Chuck Collondrez's Photo Chuck Collondrez 22 Feb 2013

We cook it the frist year but miss it the 2nd year will not miss it this year can't wait

Kimberly Moore's Photo Kimberly Moore 27 Feb 2013

Did this contest already get approved for TOY? I wanted to send in the app but wasn't sure what was going on. Thanks.

Donna Fong's Photo Donna Fong 27 Feb 2013

Kim,
It's been approved. Come on up. It's a really nice contest. I'll be there cooking. If you need anything, just ask.

donna

Kimberly Moore's Photo Kimberly Moore 27 Feb 2013

Thanks Donna! Sending in the App :jump:

Jerry Aguilar's Photo Jerry Aguilar 05 Mar 2013

Count us in for this one.. app sent yesterday!

Judy Groverman Walker's Photo Judy Groverman Walker 13 May 2013

Wine Country Big Q is pleased to be included as one of the 10 Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup competitions. Please join us July 12 and 13 at Sonoma Academy in Santa Rosa, California to compete at the 3rd Annual Wine Country Big Q www.winecountrybigq.com. In addition to the Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup we have added a mystery meat category.

For the Ranchers Reserve competition each team will have to register at the link below at least 3 weeks prior to the Big Q. To register and for more information click on the link below.

http://kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php

Space is limited. We hope you will join us!

Judy

Tracy Allen's Photo Tracy Allen 13 May 2013

What fun it was to judge these extra meat events last year... What the teams did with their whole leg of Lamb and then I believe there was the whole pork bellies for the mystery meat. That was fun! Can't wait for this year!

Jon Davis's Photo Jon Davis 27 May 2013

We will be adding this one to our list of events this year! App will be sent in ASAP

Steve Wilson's Photo Steve Wilson 05 Jun 2013

Mailed our app today

Steve Wilson's Photo Steve Wilson 24 Jun 2013

Can we arrive Friday afternoon? Donna mentioned nice restrooms, are there showers?

Donna Fong's Photo Donna Fong 24 Jun 2013

Steve, there are no showers in Santa Rosa. The contest with the showers are Placerville.

Steve Wilson's Photo Steve Wilson 24 Jun 2013

Thanks Donna.

Tracy Allen's Photo Tracy Allen 24 Jun 2013

View PostDonna Fong, on 24 June 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Steve, there are no showers in Santa Rosa. The contest with the showers are Placerville.
Whoa! There are really nice HOT showers in the full locker rooms available to the teams. Last year many of us ladies used the shower in the morning. Does someone know if this has changed? Are they not available this year, or did you just not know you had the opportunity to freshen up in the morning last year Donna?