Jump to content




Wiki: Backyard on the Lake 2013



84 replies to this topic

#41 Jess Trujillo

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hi Dave, Deny,

Pig Pimp'n BBQ would like to attend this one if there is room. Please let me know.

#42 Dave & Deny Bart

    Forum Nut Job

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Location:Livermore, CA
  • Interests:waterskiing, snowskiing, camping, cooking, wine tasting, and just plain enjoying life!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJess Trujillo, on 08 February 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hi Dave, Deny,

Pig Pimp'n BBQ would like to attend this one if there is room. Please let me know.
There is room, and I'll sign you up. See you at the lake.

#43 Jess Trujillo

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Dave & Deny. I'm not sure what we'll be cooking yet, but will let you know soon.

#44 Chuck Collondrez

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I am not cooking but I would like to come down and help

#45 Dave & Deny Bart

    Forum Nut Job

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Location:Livermore, CA
  • Interests:waterskiing, snowskiing, camping, cooking, wine tasting, and just plain enjoying life!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostChuck Collondrez, on 09 February 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

I am not cooking but I would like to come down and help
Great, see you at the Lake.

#46 Jason Clark

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hey Dave and Deny,

I'm not going to be able to make this comp after all. Bummer! Sorry but thanks for the invite. I sure was looking forward it. Oh well there is always next year.

#47 Rocci LaMantia

    Hello

  • Registered User
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys, I have a quick question about the upcoming event. Will we be allowed to bring an rv for the overnighter and what time can we arrive on the 1st? Thanks in advance

#48 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'll get the turn in schedule posted by Monday ;)

#49 Dave & Deny Bart

    Forum Nut Job

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Location:Livermore, CA
  • Interests:waterskiing, snowskiing, camping, cooking, wine tasting, and just plain enjoying life!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

View Postroccilam, on 20 February 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hey guys, I have a quick question about the upcoming event. Will we be allowed to bring an rv for the overnighter and what time can we arrive on the 1st? Thanks in advance
Yes, bring your rv, and anytime after 1:00 pm should be fine.

#50 Jason Fisher

    CBBQA Co-Rookie Team of the Year - 2007

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Location:Modesto, CA
  • Interests:Mopars, BBQ

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

I'm assuming we're still doing the Friday night potluck? There's only one item on the the list.

#51 Jess Trujillo

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostJason Clark, on 18 February 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hey Dave and Deny,

I'm not going to be able to make this comp after all. Bummer! Sorry but thanks for the invite. I sure was looking forward it. Oh well there is always next year.

Man, that bites. I already have the cervezas chillin in the fridge along w/ my tow chain.. I'll see you at Rics & SOTM.

#52 JOSEPH ZIGULIS

    New to this forum

  • CBBQA Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location:Los Altos ,NorCal
  • Interests:Canyon Riders BBQ , Mtn.Biking ,growing peppers,friends and family,,having fun!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Canyon Riders BBQ will not be able to attend this year sorry to say ,,doing upgrade on trailer wont be ready in time ! have a blast ,,,,happy smookin

#53 Jason Clark

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostJess Trujillo, on 22 February 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Man, that bites. I already have the cervezas chillin in the fridge along w/ my tow chain.. I'll see you at Rics & SOTM.

Yea it sucks but my roommate is gone that weekend and I have nobody to watch my dogs. She's moving next month too so i have a feeling I might be MIA until I get another roommate. I thought about driving up and back same day but figured I would just pass this time.

Thanks for thinking about the tow chain! Oh man I'm never gonna live that down. lol

#54 Kevin Barteaux

    Forum Nut Job

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Location:Novato, CA
  • Interests:Anything to do with Cal Bears Football and Basketball, Fishing, and Barbecue.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Dang it. SLBBQ begs to report that we are out as well. Was really looking forward to this. Hopefully we will see y'all next year.

#55 Dave & Deny Bart

    Forum Nut Job

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Location:Livermore, CA
  • Interests:waterskiing, snowskiing, camping, cooking, wine tasting, and just plain enjoying life!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostJason Fisher, on 22 February 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'm assuming we're still doing the Friday night potluck? There's only one item on the the list.
Yep, I'm planning on it. I think most people don't realize they can edit the page themselves.

#56 Jason Fisher

    CBBQA Co-Rookie Team of the Year - 2007

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Location:Modesto, CA
  • Interests:Mopars, BBQ

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostDave & Deny Bart, on 25 February 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yep, I'm planning on it. I think most people don't realize they can edit the page themselves.

Okay good. I'll add a couple items to the list as soon as I figure out what to make.

#57 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostBen Lobenstein, on 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Expect turn ins to be ~90 mins apart. We do this since there is NO way to accomplish the goals of this event - in a normal contest turn in format, and once you have your cooking methods/recipes down, practicing for real 4 meat turn ins (be they 30 mins or 1 hour turn in times) can be done at home.

We will use the same "reservation" based turn in schedule we have in the last year or 2 - which worked out exceptionally well.

The real decision is KCBS order vs. PNWBA order, the main difference in picking the latter over the former is that ppl who only want to cook the short meats can arrive early in the AM on Sat and still get 'er done.

The decision has been made to stay with what is known to most as the PNWBA order for the reasons stated above.

With ~12 teams in this event we are able to move the turn in's back to 1 hour apart.

We still have room in case anyone is on the fence about cooking this low cost event ;)

Turn in schedule posted here - http://bit.ly/XbmmwE

#58 Jason Mahy

  • CBBQA Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

This is Jason, from Uncle Bucks. This will be our first time doing any type of competition so we have some questions, if you will indulge us....1. We would like to cook chicken, ribs and pork shoulder. 2. How many team members can come with us? 3. What time Friday do we need to be there? 4. For the potluck we will bring chili beans, potato salad, sweet potato soufflé and stuffed mushrooms. 5. We will have an RV, is there parking available? 6. For the ribs, what is the preference? Baby back, St Louis style, etc. 7. Chicken, what kind/cut is commonly used? Whole, half, breast, thigh, bone in, boneless? 8. Do we need to bring our own foam containers for check in on the meat or will they be provided? 9. At what time can we start prepping our meat, and start cooking? Thank you and we are looking forward to this event! Any help we get will be much appreciated!

#59 Lewis Webster

  • Registered User
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I would like to enter the comp. First time competitor. How do I enter?


#60 Jason Fisher

    CBBQA Co-Rookie Team of the Year - 2007

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Location:Modesto, CA
  • Interests:Mopars, BBQ

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostUnclebucks, on 25 February 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

This is Jason, from Uncle Bucks. This will be our first time doing any type of competition so we have some questions, if you will indulge us....1. We would like to cook chicken, ribs and pork shoulder. 2. How many team members can come with us? 3. What time Friday do we need to be there? 4. For the potluck we will bring chili beans, potato salad, sweet potato soufflé and stuffed mushrooms. 5. We will have an RV, is there parking available? 6. For the ribs, what is the preference? Baby back, St Louis style, etc. 7. Chicken, what kind/cut is commonly used? Whole, half, breast, thigh, bone in, boneless? 8. Do we need to bring our own foam containers for check in on the meat or will they be provided? 9. At what time can we start prepping our meat, and start cooking? Thank you and we are looking forward to this event! Any help we get will be much appreciated!

I can help with a few of those.

1. I'll add this info to the Wiki page
2. I'll refer to Dave or Deny on this one.
3. From what I've read any time after 1:00 on Friday will work (Is that correct Dave?)
4. Yum, I'll add this info to the Wiki page
5. There is usually plenty of RV parking, but I'll refer to Dave again here.
6. You can cook either, but honestly spares are preferred.
7. You can cook any, but must have 6 portions. Thighs are preferred.
8. Turn in containers will be supplied
9. Usually as soon as the meat is inspected you can start prepping. Hopefully Dave or Ben will chime in on this also.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users