Backyard cook in Palm Desert

7 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn Davis

New to this forum

• 12 posts
  • Interests:The great outdoors, helping out in the community, preparing & eating good food!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

I'm yet another budding backyard cook saying hi!

I live in Palm Desert and I stumbled across this site a couple of days ago and already learned something interesting. Seems that a lot of you reccommend T&H in San Marcos... being an SM native (Class of '94) I'd been curious but never have made it there. I had to just laugh (or cry) that all this time I had been just a block or so away from this apparent jem. Well that's why I'm here, to learn from you folks who've been doing this longer than I. I enjoy cooking using many methods - outside over the flame is my favorite! I'm looking forward to sharing my love of BBQ with you fellow enthusiasts and just soaking up as much knowledge as you will offer. I will be an active participant and bring whatever I can contribute to what looks to be a great community here!

If I may I'll start with this one question: where can I find a good source of high grade meat (and fruit wood) near Palm Desert? I use everything from house-brand up to the fancy stuff to experiment as much as possible over a wide range.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to learning with you!

#2 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Welcome

#3 Brandon Santifer

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Working on recipes with my friends. Hanging around the smoker.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Welcome Aboard!

#4 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi Glenn, You just found the mother load of information by coming to this forum. Sorry I can't help you out on your question, I live in the Bay Area, but I am sure someone will jump in soon.

ric

#5 Brandon Santifer

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Working on recipes with my friends. Hanging around the smoker.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Olson firewood in San Diego is who I use. I don't know if they would ship or deliver to Palm Desert or not. The Website is http://olsonfirewood.com/

#6 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Glenn you have a Bristol farms on Country club@Monterey also Jensens in Palm Springs on 111@Ferrell..both are high end but their quality is great..if you go to Jensens ask for Mike he'll help you with anything you want and will order direct if needed..as for wood you should be able to find it pretty easily in close by..try the green sheet or craiglist..tons of orchards down your way

#7 Tom Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Welcome Glenn, I live in Indio and have some plywood I am trying to get rid of.

#8 Glenn Davis

New to this forum

• 12 posts
  • Interests:The great outdoors, helping out in the community, preparing & eating good food!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Thanks all for your welcoming words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users