Our home page

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

I would like to acknowledge the hard work, time, and talent Donna Fong has contributed toward elevating our home page to a level never seen before.Donna has tirelessly kept the home page current with fresh and well written articles supported by photos from our members. She makes it look effortless but I know the amount of time it takes and, my friends, it is considerable. Donna, thanks for what you do and to all others who have contributed.

ric

#2 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

I agree 110%..great job Donna and I love how you keep it fresh and upbeat!

#3 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Donna is the best!

#4 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

You know I hardly ever go to the home page. I just did and you are both right. Thank you Donna for the pic and article. NICE!!!!

Mark

#5 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Thank you everyone for the recognition. It means a bunch to me that someone notices. I should also say that Tracy Allen has been faithfully editing my drafts and judge, David Hornby, has also contributed to articles. Derrick Galiste, Joseph Miles, Ben Lobenstein and many others have contributed to the photos. It isn't a solo effort for sure. That being said, I'd love it if others who are willing to contribute to writing of articles about contests or charity events (especially), would like to step up and submit their musings. I won't be at the watermelon contest, the rib cookoff in Placerville, or the double header at the Phoenix club (thank goodness since the awesome Pig Skins are coming!). So if a judge, a promoter, a BBQ fan or a cook would like to give it a try and write an article, this would expand our reach to those interested in BBQ. Please tell me if you are interested. Also, the topics and photos don't have to center around contests or the winners. Most of us don't "win" but we do all love BBQ and that is what is most important to share! Thank you again.

#6 Anna Stockel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:"Do it all"

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yup, yup; I love the sense of "being there" you impart into your stories.

#7 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Nice job Donna and crew!!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users