Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I think you'll be getting that call Sylvie I believe theres 4 not moving on

#22 Benny Adauto

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

The KCBS results page show 100 % CBJs. Wonder if that is the result of "sign up" or actual attended. Any judges who attended want to verify that?

Thanks,

#23 Dale Ginos

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

My scores reflect something odd.

#24 K & K MacIntosh

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostBenny Adauto, on 16 April 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

The KCBS results page show 100 % CBJs. Wonder if that is the result of "sign up" or actual attended. Any judges who attended want to verify that?

Thanks,
Yep, the only people judging were the ones signed up so we had 100% CBJs. There were some no show, no call CBJs so the Reps went with four tables of judges and a couple of dedicated table captains. Shame on you judges when you pull a no show/no call. You make it difficult for the Reps and keep other people from judging that actually want to judge. Even with only four tables the table captains (Thanks Wilkens family!) were able to prevent any team from going to the same table twice.

#25 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostK & K MacIntosh, on 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yep, the only people judging were the ones signed up so we had 100% CBJs. There were some no show, no call CBJs so the Reps went with four tables of judges and a couple of dedicated table captains. Shame on you judges when you pull a no show/no call. You make it difficult for the Reps and keep other people from judging that actually want to judge. Even with only four tables the table captains (Thanks Wilkens family!) were able to prevent any team from going to the same table twice.
Folks this is why K&K are the best in the biz!..no matter what they just like us(teams)adapt and overcome the problem..and when there is any question that arises they are there immediately with a straight answer no BS or beating around the bush..also they waste no time posting the results as we all know some reps even wait until the next day..Thank you K&K for all you do for us..and when we see your names as the ones repping it makes me feel secure in knowing it's going to be ran as smooth and fair as possible..great job!

#26 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Who's Smokin Now is now the #5 team in the nation!

Big Congrats!!

#27 K & K MacIntosh

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postmatt dalton, on 16 April 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Folks this is why K&K are the best in the biz!..no matter what they just like us(teams)adapt and overcome the problem..and when there is any question that arises they are there immediately with a straight answer no BS or beating around the bush..also they waste no time posting the results as we all know some reps even wait until the next day..Thank you K&K for all you do for us..and when we see your names as the ones repping it makes me feel secure in knowing it's going to be ran as smooth and fair as possible..great job!
Thanks for the kudos Matt. Just to set the record straight, the Reps for this contest were Mike and Theresa Lake who did a great job. I was in the tent as a judge/volunteer and ended up helping Mike quite a bit because Theresa couldn't do the data entry/scoring in the tent due to the winds. I am so looking forward to Repping Sam's Club Las Vegas this weekend with temps in the high eighties.

#28 Benny Adauto

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostK & K MacIntosh, on 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Thanks Kelly,

Do I need to contest KCBS about Las Vegas or are you handling that?

Edited by Benny Adauto, 16 April 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#29 Paul Richardson

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Too bad about the judges. I'm a CBJ, placed my name on the wait list and was actually at the event, but didn't hear a thing. Sounds like it was handled well though.

#30 K & K MacIntosh

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostBenny Adauto, on 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Thanks Kelly,

Do I need to contest KCBS about Las Vegas or are you handling that?
I talked to them this morning Benny. You are officially off the list. Thanks much for confirming with me.

Kelly

#31 K & K MacIntosh

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostPaul Richardson, on 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Too bad about the judges. I'm a CBJ, placed my name on the wait list and was actually at the event, but didn't hear a thing. Sounds like it was handled well though.
This is exactly what is so annoying. Other CBJs decided they didn't want to judge but didn't notify anyone and then you couldn't judge although you wanted to. This is very inconsiderate.

Kelly

#32 Sylvie Curry

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postandy allen, on 15 April 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I think you'll be getting that call Sylvie I believe theres 4 not moving on
I got the email confirming I am in for the Albuquerque regional. I'm all paid and have my confirmation number. Who else is going?

#33 Bill Souza

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

It will be surprising to see who will follow the Sams contest to New Mexico. Good for you Sylvie Go Get Em!

#34 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Follow the dream! It would be nice to see CA represented well in the regional!

#35 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Kim and I judged this one and they were all seasoned judges. It was unfortunate that there was some no shows to judge. But I can tell you this one judge asked me if I ever tried Lucille's and he said because that place is OUTSTANDING!!!, so now we're going to Lucille's every week to figure out their recipes and be ready for Bakersfield, but besides that talking to the judges in the tent these were very tough critics and hats off to everyone that walked because the judges weren't giving any of the teams competing a pass on any box given to them, if no team got a comment card this past weekend hats off to you.

(Please Note: Don't take the Lucille's comment to heart every judge has their preference, but we can meet up at Lucille's and work together on these recipes ;)).

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users