CBBQA Front Page Ideas?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

I know that the front page doesn't seem to be a prority to our web crew, as they are working on "other" tasks in the meantime. Here is a snap shot of what is currently being shown to vistors here on our front page.

Maybe members can join together and suggest ideas on making this welcome page a bit more pleasing to all?

Ben, Scott and Donna, are there plans on adding, changing or fixing the current page?

I miss the "active" threads being listed at thebottom, is that gone for good?

Posted Image

#2 John Jackson

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Since I am paying for advertising it would be nice to have the banner adds back and working

#3 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am in agreement with you that it should look better than this. Unfortunately, I have no web skills to fix it at the moment. Maybe someone else can help us?

#4 harry stewart

2010 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Co-owner operator of Great American Barbecue Alameda, Ca. Member since 2007 having competed, educated and provided charity support for the CBBQA membership and its selcected charities.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostJohn Jackson, on 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Since I am paying for advertising it would be nice to have the banner adds back and working

View PostJohn Jackson, on 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

I had the issue last year when my banner never appeared in the front page rotation during the last regime and I was a Bronze paying member. That got resolved so I can share Rock's concern.
One of the reasons we pay a higher fee as business members is for visibility at the site. Without a fully functioning home page our visibility is being diminished by the lack of content , this is part of our package as business members.
We have appointed a ToY commissioner to update and keep the team standings up to date.
Where is the Business commissioner?
We had a fully operational front page with features we had become accustomed to and that featured both business and ToY info and seemed fairly consistent.
Why has it eroded?

#5 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

FYI-Front page banner ads were never part of the business memebrship packages (as written). It was bonus exposure that we created on the side for added value.

#6 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Still don't know why one cannot go back and correct a post? Why the time limit again?

#7 harry stewart

2010 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Co-owner operator of Great American Barbecue Alameda, Ca. Member since 2007 having competed, educated and provided charity support for the CBBQA membership and its selcected charities.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Please Smitty elaborate? Every bronze member and up had banners on front page except mine last membership year. I noticed my membership had expired when my banner was removed on front page someone had to remove it.
If it was created for an extra bonus then why did my banner never reappear after I renewed? When I renewed I was told it would be placed back on front page rotation. That never happened! and to quote Rock" Since I am paying for advertising it would be nice to have the banner ads back and working" I think that is a very credible question and concern.
If it is no longer a " side bonus exposure" then lets please be explicit in that and state so.and, we have it or we don't. It seems on many levels that the hand off of many key points that were done without regard to the membership or continuity going forward. The change in command so to speak failed to execute.

#8 Darry Smith

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Harry,

When your membership expired it was taken down. It was in the front page "bonus" roatation before it expired.

I am surprised I did not hear from you until now on this issue. I could have fixed it then.

Edited by Darry Smith, 29 March 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#9 John Kelly

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

What governs whether or not a BBQ competition gets mentioned and linked on page 1?

The KCBS website lists several sanctioned California contests that are not shown on the CBBQA website. For instance, the Big Oink, 5/19-5/20, Sacramento, is KCBS sanctioned and a state championship. The McIntosh's are the reps. Yet, there is no listing on CBBQA. Also, KCBS lists classes which are held in CA but there's no mention on the CBBQA website.

Is there someone to contact with suggestions of events to add to page 1?

#10 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I was wondering the same, because it says they are CBBQA approved events and I'm not sure what that means because not all those events are CBBQA TOY events.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users