Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: Classic Rib Cook-off

#2 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Tracy, just a dumb question. What is the point of this wiki when there is absolutely no info provided except the name. Would it not be better to hold off until at least a date and location were known? Maybe I'm being too picky? :pardon:

Mark

#3 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

have to have something for the promoter to fill in, don't we?

#4 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Updated the page today, entry forms will be avalible shortly, The Nevada County Fairgrounds are very excited about the 2012 Classic Rib Cook-Off and are hard at work gathering sponsors to try and increase the prize money for 2012, one of the most beautiful venues in the state and a big festival crowd makes for one heck of a rib Cook-Off , will up date the site monthly so keep checkin for updates and will have a facebook page up soon as well.

Edited by scott gomes, 15 March 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#5 Tracy Allen

Business Membership Coordinator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

View Postmark evenson, on 15 March 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

Tracy, just a dumb question. What is the point of this wiki when there is absolutely no info provided except the name. Would it not be better to hold off until at least a date and location were known? Maybe I'm being too picky? :pardon:

Mark
Actually Mark, I wanted to get the discussion going as I already had some of the information through my own communication and research. As well as I attended last year and can speak to the quality of this venue, friendliness of the attendees, and fun atmosphere of the craftsfair and draft horse classic event surrounding the BBQ event.

#6 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Well its getting close to that time of year, FALL, so the Classic BBQ Cook-Off is updated and ready to go, this year we will kick off on Saturday the 22 with the Classic Smoked Sausage Challenge and Brewfest, top chefs will be paired with top sausage vendors for an old fashioned Iron Chef Throw Down, once the thrown down has been judged and a champion crowned the public sampling begings and then you can check out our local Ciders and Microbrews for some adult bevrages, Sunday top pitmasters will be competeing for over $3000 in cash and prizes in this Three meat non-sanctioned event, this is a huge vending gig we have over 6000 folks walking through for the horse shows and they are hungry, so come on up and enjoy one of the most beautiful fairgrounds in state.

#7 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

So far the response has been great as far as teams vending, the nevada county fairgrounds has a lot of local service groups at their ready so if any team needs help vending just give me a call and we can get you some help

#8 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Howdy all, the entries and rules and regs for sundays event are up and running i will need another week for info on Saturdays Sausage brewfest / Iron Chef Throwdown

#9 Bill Bain

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Interests:CBJ
    Kilted Pig BBQ Team
    'Life's too short to drink cheap liquor or eat bad BBQ"

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

This is a great venue, the fairgrounds have tons and tons of trees, grass and the Draft Horse Classic which runs at the same time is really wonderful. If you haven't been up close and personal with a draft horse you are in for a treat as you can roam up and down the many barns that hold the horses and their tack.

#10 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Bill, one of the cool things about this year is they moved us to main lawn towards the front entrance, more space, more lawn and more trees, we also have our own holding area , so teams that come in early sat can park in private untill the crowd leaves and then you can set up as well as getting passes for the showers at the RV park. Fun Stuff !!!

#11 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

The Classic BBQ Cook-Off would like to Welcome Steve Wilson and the Pit Crew BBQ Team to the fun, Steve is making the long trek from Anahiem for this, Thanks Steve

#12 Anna Stockel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:"Do it all"

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

How do you register to judge?

#13 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Would Like to Welcome the Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus to the 2012 Classic BBQ Cook-Off Championship, Dave, Andy and the rest of the team are always a Hoot to hang out with, look forward to seeing you all.

#14 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Would Like to Welcome Casey Child and his SMOKI'N FOOLS BBQ TEAM to the Classic BBQ Cook-Off , look forward to meeting you Casey and Good luck.

#15 Richard Holguin

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:49er football, Christian Music & Quality time with family and friends

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Check and app in the mail. What is the protocol for a saturday arrival ?
Thanks

#16 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Richard will have load in details next week, we will have gate #2 as our holding and load in area, just not sure on the times to get to the grass area, there will be a am time and a pm time, will email you as soon as i know, and look forward to see you guys

#17 Bill Bain

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Interests:CBJ
    Kilted Pig BBQ Team
    'Life's too short to drink cheap liquor or eat bad BBQ"

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postscott gomes, on 30 August 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Would Like to Welcome Casey Child and his SMOKI'N FOOLS BBQ TEAM to the Classic BBQ Cook-Off , look forward to meeting you Casey and Good luck.

Finally got my son-in-law Casey in the BBQ fold. Good luck.

#18 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Great news Bill, look forward to meeting him.

#19 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Look forward to seeing Ray Campbell and his PLAIN OLD BBQ TEAM I believe Ray and his family are the returning PC Champs and finished a strong third in their first competition, welcome back to the fun Gang!!!!!!

#20 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Would Like to Welcome Dwayne Ross with West Coast BBQ and Ryan Pang of BAD S BBQ these two teams are two of the hottest vending teams on the west coast, thanks for for your vanding talents and the public loves ya!!!!!!! look forward to seeing you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users