Wiki: Rhythm 'n QUE Competition BBQ Class

35 replies to this topic

#21 Vincent Carrocci

CBBQA Team of the Year 2008 & 2009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just a few more days left before the class this Saturday and Smitty tells me that there are still a few seats available.

This is going to be a day jam-packed with information and we're closing out the session with a live four-meat competition turn in presentation.

This class just might be the thing your team needs to take it to the next level!

#22 John Kelly

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Vincent,

Will the making of turn-in boxes be covered? Is that what you mean by "live four-meat competition turn in presentation"? It would seem so. At least that's what I'm hoping as I have no clue how the cookers make such great looking turn-in boxes. It's amazing. So many of the turn-in boxes are magazine photo quality.

What do you suggest the students bring besides a notebook?

Edited by John Kelly, 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#23 Vincent Carrocci

CBBQA Team of the Year 2008 & 2009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yes, making the boxes will be covered and I don't just mean how to put the garnish in the styrofoam container. The last portion of the class is going to be exactly what we do during a KCBS contest on a real time schedule plus some time in between to go over questions.

We recommend that everyone be right on time as the class is going to begin promptly at 8:00am and be ready to take notes. We have a lot to cover in just one day!

#24 Brian Moriarty

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Been looking forward to this!
If anyone wants to meat up for a bite to eat or check out Smoke on the Mountain, Saturday evening drop me a PM

#25 Chuck Collondrez

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Can't wait until Sat. for this class it will be nice to see you again Vince

#26 Kenny Lee

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, San Jose Sharks, BMX, Football, NASCAR

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think competition in Norther California is about to get a whole lot tougher! Looking forward to this class.

#27 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostKenny Lee, on 19 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I think competition in Norther California is about to get a whole lot tougher! Looking forward to this class.
My thoughts exactly!.

#28 Richard Holguin

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:49er football, Christian Music & Quality time with family and friends

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

In like flynn

#29 John Kelly

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

This class was great and worth every penny. The class is in no way a beginners class. I would take it again if offered.

Thanks Vincent and Alexa of Rhythm 'n Que for your time and effort in bringing this class to the Bay Area. Thanks Smitty and crew of Eggs By The Bay for hosting the class. And thanks for letting Rhythm 'n Que use WSMs. Ha.

If you haven't visited Eggs By The Bay, it may be worth your while. They have a lot of BBQ supplies and equipment on hand including sauces that you only read about and can't find any where else without spending lots of money on shipping.

#30 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

I would like to thank all the CBBQA members who came out to our Rhythm 'n QUE class this past weekend. The BBQ classes are a popular facet of our business, thank you all for your support.

John, thanks for you kind words, we have tried to build the store that we ourselves would like to shop at.

#31 Bill Souza

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would like to Thank Smitty and Eggs By the Bay Crew, and Vince and Alexa it was a great class from a Class Act...Rhythm n Que. Thank You! Glad we went and will be using what we learned soon.

#32 Chuck Collondrez

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I would like to thank Eggs By the Bay Smitty you have a great shop. I especially wnat to thank Vince and Alexa for the great class.

#33 matt brailey

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

When is the next one?

#34 John Kelly

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Just plated up some spares which were barbequed using techniques learned at Rhythm 'n Que's competition class. The ribs are the juiciest ever. Tender with the right amount of pull. Not able to equal R & Q's, of course. Appearance was way off. But the ribs are the best I Q'd and in about half the time.

Cooked up some chicken earlier and that turned out great as well. Still needs some work, though. But, all-in-all, although it doesn't measure up to you competition cookers, it turned out very good.

Thank you R & Q and thank you Smitty.

Edited by John Kelly, 28 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#35 Brian Moriarty

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

I just wanted to say that the Left Hand Smoke "Fire it up!" Competition BBQ Team won its first event and GC of 2012 last weekend at the Washington State Spring BBQ Championship in Monroe, WA.

A PNWBA Sanctioned Event, with 37 Teams, 100% CBJ's in a No-Garnish cook.

Our only call was a 1st Place in Brisket (196.440)
7th Ribs
12th Pork
17th Chicken

I did not get a chance to practice what Vince & Alexa demonstrated in class, but some of the techniques and "nuggets of information" I brought back with me, definitely were in my pocket!

The Rhythm 'n Que class is not to be missed!

#36 Bill Souza

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Congrats! Brian it was good to meet you, that's the way to Rock It!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users