#62 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

David, We haven't got the team packets, where do we enter, what time can we come, when is the cooks meeting, please advise. Kelly, we will be arriving late afternoon, hopefully before 5:00pm, just want to make sure we get inspected. See you all tomorrow. Steve & Pam

#63 K & K MacIntosh

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostSteve Wilson, on 03 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

David, We haven't got the team packets, where do we enter, what time can we come, when is the cooks meeting, please advise. Kelly, we will be arriving late afternoon, hopefully before 5:00pm, just want to make sure we get inspected. See you all tomorrow. Steve & Pam
No problem on the inspection. Cook's meeting is at 5:00pm so we can catch you right before or right after the meeting.

Kelly

#64 harry stewart

2010 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Co-owner operator of Great American Barbecue Alameda, Ca. Member since 2007 having competed, educated and provided charity support for the CBBQA membership and its selcected charities.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Congrats to All sauced Up GC and The Pit Crew BBQ RGC 4 teams $5000.00 in prizes! Now that's shootin' fish in a barrel!

Grand Champion: All Sauced Up
Reserve Champion: The Pit Crew BBQ

Overall:
1. All Sauced Up - 641.1424
2. The Pit Crew BBQ - 637.1430
3. Thompson Texas BBQ - 575.4288
4. Redhill BBQ - 561.7144

Chicken:
1. All Sauced Up - 162.8570
2. The Pit Crew BBQ - 162.2856
3. Redhill BBQ - 154.2856
4. Thompson Texas BBQ - 148.5714

Ribs:
1. All Sauced Up - 161.1428
2. The Pit Crew BBQ - 149.1432
3. Thompson Texas BBQ - 149.1430
4. Redhill BBQ - 134.2858

Pork:
1. The Pit Crew BBQ - 164.0000
2. All Sauced Up - 159.4284
3. Thompson Texas BBQ - 145.7144
4. Redhill BBQ - 144.0000

Brisket:
1. The Pit Crew BBQ - 161.7142
2. All Sauced Up - 157.7142
3. Thompson Texas BBQ - 132.0000
4. Redhill BBQ - 129.1430

Edited by harry stewart, 05 May 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#65 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,146 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Congrats to Dangerous Dave

#66 Dave Malone

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Congrats to The Pit Crew on their first RGC. This was a unique event and was very much a group effort. Tom Moore- Chicken, Myself- Ribs, Andy Soto- Pork and Brisket. I want to thank David Pulido for organizing the event and to both Kelly & Gene our KCBS reps.

#67 Bill Souza

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Congrats Dave and Pit Crew!

#68 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Congrats to the All Sauced Up "Menage a Trios" Team for their GC. Really a fun bunch of guys to hang out with this weekend. Thanks Guys. Dispite a rocky start, I want to thank David Pulido for a fun event that will be even better next year now that he knows what to expect for BBQ teams. This was a nice venue. We were in a large parking lot where the food trucks were on one side and the BBQ teams on the other. In between, were probably 50 canopies with tables & chairs for the patrons to enjoy the grub. I am confident next years IE Dixie Salsa BBQ will be a great event. David is a good guy, actually running to get the teams water in the back seat of his Camry and delivering it back to us when the water source broke down.

Something to consider going forward that I observed for the BBQ fans:

The teams did not do PC because of the way things were set up, but many of the fans came specifically to taste competition BBQ. We informed them we could not sell it because of the HD rules. David asked the teams to give it away. We did because of the guaranteed reward in prize money developed by having only 4 teams. Anyway, we gave the bbq food away by just bringing a tray out front. The fans loved it. We got rid of the leftovers in 10 minutes or less. The cool thing was the crowds stood by and watched as we prepared for our next turn-in. I invited the crowd to come over to the outside of our enclosed canopy as I pulled the pork and cut the brisket and explained what I was doing. The crowd loved it and many thanked my wife and I for going the little extra. It was a great way to promote competition BBQ. Definately a great way to promote our sport which we didn't mind doing because we new the reward was in the prize money. I don't know if there is a way a promoter could supply the meat and we could be compensated for the extra effirt of cooking & giving the Q away, but something to put some thought to, IMO.

See you all in LB next weekend.

Steve

#69 Scott Hares

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Steve, engaging the public the way your group did is so important to the growth of competition bbq. Awesome job!

#70 Benny Adauto

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostDave Malone, on 06 May 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Congrats to The Pit Crew on their first RGC. This was a unique event and was very much a group effort. Tom Moore- Chicken, Myself- Ribs, Andy Soto- Pork and Brisket. I want to thank David Pulido for organizing the event and to both Kelly & Gene our KCBS reps.

Congrats to the All Sauced Up "all stars" but did you have to throw Andy under the bus for his poor performances of "only" second places? :acute:
See you next weekend in LB.

#71 harry stewart

2010 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Co-owner operator of Great American Barbecue Alameda, Ca. Member since 2007 having competed, educated and provided charity support for the CBBQA membership and its selcected charities.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

As they say " It all comes out in the wash". Dave Pulido deserves a big hand for enduring and delivering. Looking back at the many comments concerning his efforts leading up to the event. Way to hang Dave !

#72 Andrew Soto

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Interests:BBQ
    Sprint Cars
    Cold Beer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Congrats to The Pit Pit Crew on their RGC!

A special thanks to David Pulido for pulling off this contest, only wish more teams would have given him a chance!

All the rookie teams out there sure missed out on a quality contest... there was money to be had!

I'll be back next year for sure as this was a great venue!

#73 Brent Hicks

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:BBQ Smoking and music

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good one Andy! Front page pic. You guys hold the trohpy and I'll keep the cash.

#74 Andrew Soto

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Interests:BBQ
    Sprint Cars
    Cold Beer

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostBrent Hicks, on 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Good one Andy! Front page pic. You guys hold the trohpy and I'll keep the cash.

Heck yes!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users