169 replies to this topic

#1 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Dates are set April 6th-7th, 2011

Largest Prize $$ IN California 3 yrs running... Prize pool $13,000... Single event, Saturday turn in

Site- Wildomar, Ca

Entry form and Prize $$ breakdown to follow

IMPORTANT:

I have been contacted by a couple from the UK - they travel to the Jack every yr to help their fellow UK BBQ team compete. Now they are forming their own team and want to do Wildomar's event next April (2012).. They are inquiring if any of you would rent them BBQ equipment (mainly smokers) or let them borrow some.. If you are in a position to help them, let me know, send me or PM your e-mail and phone #, I will foward that info to them, so they can best plan their trip out here. Thank you

#2 Benny Adauto

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

Henry,

Because I will be competing at the big LV contest the weekend prior, I'm not likely to sign up for Wildomar. I can loan my entire equipment to the team from the UK. PM sent.

Edited by Benny Adauto, 27 November 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#3 Tom Glenn

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostBenny Adauto, on 27 November 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

Henry,

Because I will be competing at the big LV contest the weekend prior, I'm not likely to sign up for Wildomar. I can loan my entire equipment to the team from the UK. PM sent.

Sorry Henry. Would love to comeback again this year, but no travel or competing on Easter weekend. Did that last year and the boss was not very happy.

#4 Peter Lent

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:BBQ (of course), Woodworking, Camping

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Uh oh, did not realize that this was Easter Weekend, this might be a no-go for us too.

Hope not, as we have not missed one yet.

View PostTom Glenn, on 28 November 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Sorry Henry. Would love to comeback again this year, but no travel or competing on Easter weekend. Did that last year and the boss was not very happy.

#5 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Easter is Sunday April 8th, 2012, so yes, this contest is planned for Good Friday/Easter weekend.

#6 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

I think it might very well be a no-go for me too. It's my birthday weekend.

#7 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

The location in Wildomar for this years event is literally less than 1/2 a block from the Catholic Church... for those of you in the Easter spirit.. They will have mass on Friday night (Good Friday) and again Easter service on Sunday.. There is also a non-d Church 1/2 mile from site Cornerstone church.. which will be having services as well.. Remember this is a one day event only- Saturday.. so with awards at 5pm, you can be on the road and home in time for Easter Sunday as well...

#8 Scott Lane

What can I say I like it here

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi,
My name is Scott, I am pitmaster of Miss Piggy's BBQ. We are the current U.K grand champions. I just wanted to say we will be attending this competition ( our first in the U.S.). I would also like to thank Henry for being extremely helpful in finding us some equipment. Also a big thankyou to Benny for his very kind offer to loan us some equipment. I'm sure I will be asking a few questions between now and April but we look forward to meeting you all.

#9 Peter Lent

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:BBQ (of course), Woodworking, Camping

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

What is the location Henry?

View PostHenry Silvestre, on 28 November 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

The location in Wildomar for this years event is literally less than 1/2 a block from the Catholic Church... for those of you in the Easter spirit.. They will have mass on Friday night (Good Friday) and again Easter service on Sunday.. There is also a non-d Church 1/2 mile from site Cornerstone church.. which will be having services as well.. Remember this is a one day event only- Saturday.. so with awards at 5pm, you can be on the road and home in time for Easter Sunday as well...

#10 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

View Postesselle, on 29 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hi,
My name is Scott, I am pitmaster of Miss Piggy's BBQ. We are the current U.K grand champions. I just wanted to say we will be attending this competition ( our first in the U.S.). I would also like to thank Henry for being extremely helpful in finding us some equipment. Also a big thankyou to Benny for his very kind offer to loan us some equipment. I'm sure I will be asking a few questions between now and April but we look forward to meeting you all.

Great to host our BBQ friends from the UK... By the way, I don't know how your tax laws work in the UK.. But this event is 100% Non-profit-- a fund raiser for The Rotary Club of Wildomar, so you may be able to claim your entire trip as a Charity write off... See you in a few months

Henry

#11 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostPeter Lent, on 29 November 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

What is the location Henry?

27 Acres immediately behind the Elks parking lot off Mission Trails and Waite St

#12 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Here is the app.. Confirmed- Prize Pool is $12,000 (not $13,000) same as 2011... Hope to see over 70 teams (56 last yr) this year-- have a beautiful site secured.. only 1/2 a mile away from a World class Motocross track and less than that to Sky Diving.. A nice Golf COurse 1 mile away- plenty of Supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations within a mile as well..

#13 Sylvie Curry

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

I'm still interested. I'll be reviewing the 2012 schedule over the holidays. Lots of decisions to make.

#14 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

View PostSylvie Curry, on 20 December 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'm still interested. I'll be reviewing the 2012 schedule over the holidays. Lots of decisions to make.

Hope to see you at Wildomar...

#15 Stephan Franklin

President

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

I am catering this particular weekend, darn!

#16 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Is all set for Wildomar-- Carnival will set up on Friday 6th- and go through Sunday the 8th... If anyone is coming down from Vegas (the prior weekend) and is from Nor Cal or from out of State-- just drive down 3-4 hours (depending on how fast you drive) on the I-15 South... we are only ONE exit away-- Bundy Canyon Dr-- no need to switch fwy's or make a million lefts and rights... just an easy straight drive-- and you get a nice payout contest, in Cali, to go along with your Vegas experience.. before heading back home... By the way- if you have an RV- you can come on down and set up and stay for free from Monday on through Sunday if you want.. or drop of your stuff- and take a $29 flight back home for the week, and fly back for the contest, before driving home-- Ontario Airport is only 35 minutes away...

#17 Benny Adauto

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'll be there flying a Union Jack. At least, I think that is what it is called.

#18 Scott Lane

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

View PostBenny Adauto, on 28 December 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

I'll be there flying a Union Jack. At least, I think that is what it is called.
Good Man :thumbsup:

What is the best way for me to pay our entry Henry? Cheque by snail mail or can I pay by card?

Getting exciting now. :frantics:

#19 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

View Postesselle, on 29 December 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Good Man :thumbsup:

What is the best way for me to pay our entry Henry? Cheque by snail mail or can I pay by card?

Getting exciting now. :frantics:

Check is fine-- Make it out to Wildomar Rotary Club -- This is a 100% charitable fundraiser. Every last penny goes right back into the community for Student Scholarships, the needy, Ryla (leadership ed for youth), water projects (in 3rd world countries mostly), etc, etc.. Thus any and all $$ you spend on this contest, at least in the USA is a tax write off.

#20 Scott Lane

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostHenry Silvestre, on 02 January 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

Check is fine-- Make it out to Wildomar Rotary Club -- This is a 100% charitable fundraiser. Every last penny goes right back into the community for Student Scholarships, the needy, Ryla (leadership ed for youth), water projects (in 3rd world countries mostly), etc, etc.. Thus any and all $$ you spend on this contest, at least in the USA is a tax write off.
I don't think you will be able to cash a cheque from a UK bank so shall I email my card details to you?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users