4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Moriarty

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hi all!

This just appeared on the PNWBA forum and I thought it might be of interest to some CBBQA teams.

http://www.battleofthebones.com/

At this time it has NOT been sanctioned by the PNWBA or approved by the BOD. Looking over teams from the past couple years, I only recognize one team that has cooked it, and the Rules are kind of restrictive to some comp teams. But if you are able to cook a lot of meat and geared towards catering, this event might be worth a look.

#2 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

moving this to the correct forum Thanks for the info

#3 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey Brian, good to see ya.

I was hoping to see an event closer to the CA/OR border, or say within 50 miles Brookings where some friends live. When that happens I will be all over that one.

ric

#4 Sarah Garceau

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostRic Gilbert, on 07 January 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hey Brian, good to see ya.

I was hoping to see an event closer to the CA/OR border, or say within 50 miles Brookings where some friends live. When that happens I will be all over that one.

ric

Central Point is only 33 miles over the California/Oregon boarder! But...I guess we are about 120 miles from Brookings, although it certainly is a nice drive!

#5 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Sarah, I was under the impression Central Point was near Portland. After taking a closer look at the event, I think it is not for me. I do hope to do an event in OR, it is so beautiful up your way and it would make for a great road trip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users