12 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Stevens

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:fishing, bbq contests, bbq cooking, catering

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

I recently moved to Ventura from south Florida, I have competed in events held by the FL BBQ Association. I wanted to enter the events in Vista & at Knotts, but having just arrived in November, it wasnt possible. I need to know how to enter & where to get information on any events here in CA. For example the "Stagecoach" event. Any & all others as well, its time, and I need to get cooking.

#2 Guest_David Schmidt_*

• Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hi Ron,

Welcome! You've come to the right place!

The right hand side of our home page lists the upcoming events, and tells you if they are KCBS, PNWBA (Pacific Northwest BBQ ASSN), IBCA backyard events, etc. You can usually get all the information you need via links to these individual events. Information is being added and changed so keep an eye on it. If you're interested in sanctioned events, virtually all of the contests in California, and some from Arizona will be listed on the CBBQQA web site. Good to have you here!

#3 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

This forum is the best place to find California contest info
Welcome

#4 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Welcome Ron, hope to see you at contests in the future. One of our CBBQA members did just the opposite of what you did and moved to FL from CA. He is now actively involved with the FBBQA and checks in here occasionally.

ric

#5 Stephan Franklin

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Welcome neighbor, lets get together for a chat!

#6 Rick Renaud

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostRon Stevens, on 27 December 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

I recently moved to Ventura from south Florida, I have competed in events held by the FL BBQ Association. I wanted to enter the events in Vista & at Knotts, but having just arrived in November, it wasnt possible. I need to know how to enter & where to get information on any events here in CA. For example the "Stagecoach" event. Any & all others as well, its time, and I need to get cooking.

Hey Ron,
Great to have you here,
I got shipped to Cocoa, Fl. in 2010 and brought back to Santa Maria, Ca. a month ago.
I sure do not miss the heat!

#7 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostRick Renaud, on 27 December 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hey Ron,
Great to have you here,
I got shipped to Cocoa, Fl. in 2010 and brought back to Santa Maria, Ca. a month ago.

So Ric, did you get a SM grill yet? Welcome back to the grate steak of Kalif. Come on by and set a spell.

Mark

#8 Rick Renaud

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

View Postmark evenson, on 27 December 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

So Ric, did you get a SM grill yet? Welcome back to the grate steak of Kalif. Come on by and set a spell.

Mark
Mark,
Had two before I left that I took with me and I brought them back.
Now I have three:
2'x3' for the back porch
4'x6' towable
2'x3' on the front of my smoker trailer

Aren't you a little ways from me?

#9 Ron Stevens

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostRick Renaud, on 27 December 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hey Ron,
Great to have you here,
Boy at this time I sure do. I havent worn shorts since I got out here, and when does it rain?

#10 Ron Stevens

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the replies. I hope to see & meet everyone soon. At this time I am planing to go to the Lake H contest at the end of the month.

#11 Rick Renaud

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostRon Stevens, on 08 January 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Boy at this time I sure do. I havent worn shorts since I got out here, and when does it rain?

We dont get that 1:00 every day rain for 45 minutes like you do. We save it up and do it all in Feb/March. That way we can complain and cry that we dont work in the rain!
And dont worry, you will get used to the pattern here. When I moved here from Baltimore in 95, It was Jan 13, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone here had a winter coat and gloves. I think it was around 60 degrees. Now at 60 degrees I wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

#12 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Ron send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will add you to my team contact list... I do Wildomar April 7th (about 2 1/2 hours from you), Pechanga June 23rd(same), Anaheim (Phoenix Club) about 2 hrs double contest 6/29-30 and 30-7/1... and that's just the 1st half of the year.. Golden Acorn, Little Engine in Vista and Knotts are all planned for the second half... My e-mail address is hsilvestre@aol.com... I did miss you at Vista and Knotts last yr.

Edited by Henry Silvestre, 12 January 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#13 Tom Breitweiser

Hello

• 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

FYI the KCBS website lists more contests than our site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users