#1 Dan Cannon

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2007

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:BBQ

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Everybody;

Announcing the California BBQ Association Q-Fest, February 10-11-12-2012 Information and Worksheet availability !!!

< Q-Fest, 2012, Worksheet >

It is again time to start planning, making commitments, and members booking reservations, for Q-Fest 2012. Held at Lake Puddingstone, East Shore RV, San Dimas, California, on the weekend of February 10-11-12-2012 !!!

By planning today we can fully utilize and reserve the premium spots, B170 through B194, for RV and tent camping / day-parking in and around those spots for our maximum resource availability at East Shore RV Park. We reserve the spots/dates more than a year in advance from East Shore to ensure their availability to us so it is important to start planning early and fully utilize all our reserved resource options. So, PLEASE do email me ( Dan@BBQbyDan.com ) to request an assigned RV spot and to advise of your participation. This will allow us to be respectful of East Shore for allowing us to tie up so much of their revenue generating resources so far in advance. And, their continuing to allow us to do so in upcoming years.

As a reminder and fyi, we pay for the spots under a group plan. So, reservations for RV spots can be determined via the worksheet at the link of: < Q-Fest, 2012, Worksheet > then emailing me to update the sheet. RV, Tent Camping, or Day Parking, fees should be paid to myself or a CBBQA representative immediately upon arrival at the event. Not in advance or to the park. We then pay the park directly and obtain special pricing.
SO, PLEASE, if you reserve a spot and can't make it let me know in advance so I can give it to another attendee, or return to the park!

Below I will post links to previous years Q-Fest's for everybody's perusal:

< Q-Fest, 2011, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2010, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2009, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2008, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2007, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2006, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2005, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2004, Pictures >
< Q-Fest, 2003, Pictures >

AND... the very 1st Q-Fest here in Southern California...
< Q-Fest, 1998, Pictures >

As an FYI, I will include the following link to last year's Q-Fest (2011) worksheet below to remind us and let new-comers see what our reservations were, food submissions entrees consisted of, and how it all turned out in the final days:
< Q-Fest, 2011, Worksheet >

To look at and identify spots to reserve from B170 through B194, obtain information on Potluck Entrée submissions, and see what is happening for this 2012 Q-Fest click on the following work sheet link:

Then hit the RV / Camping Map link to see a detailed view of the spots availalbe.
After review of the 2012 worksheet then PPLLEEAASSEE email me ( Dan@BBQbyDan.com ) ASAP with your requests and updates.

For those that showed up last year, and reserved a spot, I will keep you in your spot for the next 10 days. Just let me know you want
it for this year within those 10 days and I will keep as is. If I don't hear from anybody down for a spot from last year for 10 days I will remove you from the reserved spot so others can have the opprotunity to reserve it.

Thanks again to everybody for making this event so successful every year and hope to see you all in 2012.

Dan Cannon
www.BBQbyDan.com
Dan@BBQbyDan.com
661-600-2530

#2 Bill Keyes

CBBQA Hall of Fame, Inducted 2013, Pres. Award 2012

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for doing this again, Dan.

Email sent.

#3 Stephan Franklin

President

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

I think I may be back. I will check with the GF. :thumbsup:

#4 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun. Is there where the ToY awards are given out? Looks like it from the pics. Sounds like a fun weekend of hanging out with BBQ friends without the whole annoying contest stuff to get in the way of socializing! LOL Do I have that about right? Anything else I should know?

If so, I will contact Dan to sign up.

#5 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Yes thats the one Adam

Edited by Thom Emery, 14 November 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#6 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

I organized a Roundtable Discussion for BBQ Event Organizers and Promoters in Mesquite NV last year
Just wondering if that type of meeting would be well attended at Q Fest

We have a huge number of new events coming down the pipeline and gathering the new and experienced
organizers to improve our efforts seems wise. QFest may be the best time in our annual calendar to do this

#7 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

I sent an email to Dan yesterday morning to see if I can get in on this. Eagerly awaiting his reply.

#8 Dan Cannon

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostThom Emery, on 16 November 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

I organized a Roundtable Discussion for BBQ Event Organizers and Promoters in Mesquite NV last year

We have a huge number of new events coming down the pipeline and gathering the new and experienced
organizers to improve our efforts seems wise. QFest may be the best time in our annual calendar to do this

Thom,

That is a good suggestion. Pick a timeframe from the "SEMINARS & MEETINGS" section on the worksheet at:
and I will update per your request.

Thanks,
Dan

#9 Dan Cannon

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 16 November 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

I sent an email to Dan yesterday morning to see if I can get in on this. Eagerly awaiting his reply.

Hi Adam,

Got your email and assigned you spot B188 per your RV request. And, replied with email directly.
Looking forward to meeting you and friends / family.

Dan

#10 Dan Cannon

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

EVERYBODY !!!

Remember, the Q-Fest is coming up in less than 30 days. This is the big yearly camp-out and social event of all the members of the CBBQA and BBQ enthusiasts in general. Please peruse the < Q-Fest, 2012, Worksheet > at the this link or below and email or call me reference how you might want to attend, participate, and obtain accommodations for the weekend (Friday - Sunday). Reserve your RV spots now !!! To be respectful of East Shore (who always treats us so nice) I will return the unrequested RV spots in the next few weeks so they don't take a loss on my year-long reservation unused!

February 10-11-12, 2012 Q-Fest worksheet is at the link below:

Thanks,
Dan
Dan@BBQbyDan.com
661-600-2530

#11 Matthew Fish

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostDan Cannon, on 04 January 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

EVERYBODY !!!

Remember, the Q-Fest is coming up in less than 30 days. This is the big yearly camp-out and social event of all the members of the CBBQA and BBQ enthusiasts in general. Please peruse the < Q-Fest, 2012, Worksheet > at the this link or below and email or call me reference how you might want to attend, participate, and obtain accommodations for the weekend (Friday - Sunday). Reserve your RV spots now !!! To be respectful of East Shore (who always treats us so nice) I will return the unrequested RV spots in the next few weeks so they don't take a loss on my year-long reservation unused!

Thanks,
Dan
Dan@BBQbyDan.com
661-600-2530
Dan Where is the tent camping located at? Is it near all the rv campers

#12 Dan Cannon

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostMatthew Fish, on 04 January 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Dan Where is the tent camping located at? Is it near all the rv campers

Hi Matt,
The tent camping is between and around our consecutively reserved RV camping spots. And, you will be able to bootleg limited power and water from the RV spots we obtain. Lots of room and lots of grass. $25 for a day or the entire weekend for tent camping.

Dan

#13 Matthew Fish

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostDan Cannon, on 04 January 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hi Matt,
The tent camping is between and around our consecutively reserved RV camping spots. And, you will be able to bootleg limited power and water from the RV spots we obtain. Lots of room and lots of grass. $25 for a day or the entire weekend for tent camping.

Dan
Thanks Dan, I will Let you know tomorrow what we will need.

Matt

#14 STEVE madaule

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2014

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostMatthew Fish, on 04 January 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Thanks Dan, I will Let you know tomorrow what we will need.

Matt
matt theres alot of room behind my trailer to put up a tent if you want ,that is if you like skunks

#15 Dan Cannon

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Also, as a reminder to everybody! The potluck submission entries are starting to come in. It is nice to start thinking about, and notifying me (to update the worksheet), so everybody else knows what to bring and keep things unique.

In case you are wondering what would be good to bring I can give you this bit of wisdom after years of doing this... Don't bring what you think is needed, instead bring your BEST !!! Whatever that is, you know, and we will all enjoy it a bunch guaranteed.

ALSO... MOST IMPORTANT... as anybody that has attended in past years knows, we have a big fire pit, or two, going from Friday evening through Sunday morning !!! Makes for a fantastic social hang-out area!

PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE, bring a whole bunch of firewood if you have it... we will definitely need it. Even though www.weather.com has already guaranteed an 85 degree hot sunny weekend, it still gets cold at night !!!

Thanks,
Dan

View PostDan Cannon, on 04 January 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

EVERYBODY !!!

Thanks,
Dan
Dan@BBQbyDan.com
661-600-2530

#16 Matthew Fish

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostSTEVE madaule, on 05 January 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

matt theres alot of room behind my trailer to put up a tent if you want ,that is if you like skunks
As much as I would love to sleep with the skunks in the trailer with you. I will have to pass. Will probally reserve a rv spot and rent an rv.

#17 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostThom Emery, on 16 November 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

Hey Thom, I am planning on being there and would love to attend this meeting, or help you organize it. You know how to find me if you need me!

#18 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

With the KCBS Organizers Roundtable in San Diego just a few weeks before this may be redundant
Any organizer that is at QFest is welcome to join in a discussion during the free time before or after lunch

#19 Lance Miller

What can I say I like it here

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi Dan, this event look great and so close to home. Is there a rookie option just to show and try to learn a few things? Also, your details listed seminars and some other members have said they have taken some in previous years. Do you see anything like that going on for 2012. Thanks!

View PostThom Emery, on 06 January 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

With the KCBS Organizers Roundtable in San Diego just a few weeks before this may be redundant
Any organizer that is at QFest is welcome to join in a discussion during the free time before or after lunch

#20 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Lance lots of "fireside chats" going on
This is a great place to meet people and learn about the world of competition bbq

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users