2012 Team of the Year

14 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

I've had a few 2012 Rookie Teams want to "Declare" for 2012; this thread will work as a messenger to the ToY Commish.

Edited by Darry Smith, 27 October 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#2 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

To all BBQ teams/rookys. Sign up now. This is the best thing I could do this year.
Good luck to all. Practice makes perfect!

Mark

#3 David OBrien

New to this forum

• 10 posts
  • Interests:BBQ/Smokin, RV Camping, Spending time with my wife and kids, Softball, Wine Tasting, Cheese Sampling, Meeting new people, and enjoying friends.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

View PostDarry Smith, on 27 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

I've had a few 2012 Rookie Teams want to "Declare" for 2012; this thread will work as a messenger to the ToY Commish.

Hello...completely new a total rookie..1st competition coming (just sunday rib off) Smokin on the Delta...our team name is Smokin BBQ Buddies.....can you clarify "Declare" for 2012????....we'd like to enter events in 2012 so I don't know if there is something I need to do prior to the 2012 season...any help will be very appreciative.

Thanks

Dave OB
Brentwood Ca

#4 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

View Postdob49737, on 31 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

Hello...completely new a total rookie..1st competition coming (just sunday rib off) Smokin on the Delta...our team name is Smokin BBQ Buddies.....can you clarify "Declare" for 2012????....we'd like to enter events in 2012 so I don't know if there is something I need to do prior to the 2012 season...any help will be very appreciative.

Thanks

Dave OB
Brentwood Ca

Hi Dave,

Do some reading on the main page...it will help you out a lot.

Here are the ToY rules for this year: CBBQA ToY Rules It includes the rules for rookies and their eligibility. There are a few requirements including declaring your rookie status before your first sanctioned contest.

Hope this helps! See you in Antioch!

-Adam

#5 David OBrien

New to this forum

• 10 posts
  • Interests:BBQ/Smokin, RV Camping, Spending time with my wife and kids, Softball, Wine Tasting, Cheese Sampling, Meeting new people, and enjoying friends.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 31 October 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hi Dave,

Do some reading on the main page...it will help you out a lot.

Here are the ToY rules for this year: CBBQA ToY Rules It includes the rules for rookies and their eligibility. There are a few requirements including declaring your rookie status before your first sanctioned contest.

Hope this helps! See you in Antioch!

-Adam

Thanks Adam, just sent you an email......I am friends with Butch Richardson, this will be my first rib off in Antioch.....gotta take baby steps before i can jump in the water with you meat sharks...lol

#6 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hello Dave,

Here is a copy of the 2011 Team of the Year rules. 2011 ToY Rules

Rookie rules are mentioned in section 2. Current ToY Comissioner is John Bracamonte, contact him to declare your 2012 "Rookie Declaration", his email is john@brazenbbq.com

2012 ToY rules are being discussed currently and will be posted when they are adopted. I don't see any radical changes in the Rookie Team eligibility rules.

Good luck next year.

#7 David OBrien

New to this forum

• 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostDarry Smith, on 31 October 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

Hello Dave,

Here is a copy of the 2011 Team of the Year rules. 2011 ToY Rules

Rookie rules are mentioned in section 2. Current ToY Comissioner is John Bracamonte, contact him to declare your 2012 "Rookie Declaration", his email is john@brazenbbq.com

2012 ToY rules are being discussed currently and will be posted when they are adopted. I don't see any radical changes in the Rookie Team eligibility rules.

Good luck next year.

Thank you for the information I will follow thru, if you are the Antioch Event, I will be cooking on Sunday (1st ever event) gotta take those baby steps....come on by my team name is Smokin BBQ Buddies...I'll buy the 1st round....=-)

Thanks again

Dave O'Brien
:beer:

#8 john hendrickson

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, cooking and any type of compitition

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

View Postdob49737, on 31 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

Thanks

Dave OB
Brentwood Ca

I was parked next to you in Antioch. How did you do on Sunday Thanks John (Hog Island Pitmasters)

#9 David OBrien

New to this forum

• 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

View Postjohn, on 16 November 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

I was parked next to you in Antioch. How did you do on Sunday Thanks John (Hog Island Pitmasters)

HEY John!..hows it going, we took 5th place.....it was quite an experience (the whole weekend) but it was awesome to come in 5th out of 13th......

Looking forward to being out there more often, you guys doing the Harvest Bowl event superbowl sunday? let me know, we are thinking of doing that one. Sometime next week will put in application to enter your guys events....

heres my email dob49737@gmail.com

stay in touch

Dave

#10 Charles Kammien

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ, Competition BBQ, Packers Football, Good Cigars, Check us out on our Facebook page.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hello! We are Cucamonga Cattle Company, and we are jumping in head first for our first competition as CBBQA members at the Knott's Wild West BBQ Competition in December/January.
Looking to be in the running for RToY as we "Declare" for the 2012 season.... James Hare & Chuck Kammien.

We are a company making our own BBQ rubs and sauces, website soon at www.cucacattleco.com

See you all out there!!

jbhare@cucacattleco.com
ckammien@cucacattleco.com

#11 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

View Postcucacattleco, on 16 November 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Hello! We are Cucamonga Cattle Company, and we are jumping in head first for our first competition as CBBQA members at the Knott's Wild West BBQ Competition in December/January.
Looking to be in the running for RToY as we "Declare" for the 2012 season.... James Hare & Chuck Kammien.

We are a company making our own BBQ rubs and sauces, website soon at www.cucacattleco.com

See you all out there!!

jbhare@cucacattleco.com
ckammien@cucacattleco.com

Welcome to the party. Good luck on the trail. Keep yer coals dry and yer fires burnin'!
Mark

#12 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

For the record... I already declared my intent to compete for ROY 2012 to the toy Commish as team Burnin and Lootin.
(Just want to make sure my t's are crossed and i's dotted)

#13 RYAN PANG

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Bbq, building smokers that can compete with the big boys
    My baby girl

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

Bad S. BBQ with pit boss Ryan Pang will be entering our first Sanctioned event,
it will be January 1st at Knotts.

Please enter us in for ROY race for 2012

ONCE AGAIN-
This seems like the thread to be entered in TOY/ROY events.

Thanks
Ryan Pang

#14 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

looks like another great crop of rookies

#15 Craig Andrich

• CBBQA Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

View PostDarry Smith, on 27 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users