2011 CBBQA/FFA BBQ University 102 Class

26 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 2011 CBBQA/FFA BBQ University 102 Class

#2 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,148 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

Thanks fer de info

#3 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Class registration now open!

#4 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Any comp classes down the road?

Mark

#5 stuart avery

Hello

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostBen Lobenstein, on 08 June 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: <A HREF=http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?title=2011_CBBQA/FFA_BBQ_University_102_Class>2011 CBBQA/FFA BBQ University 102 Class</A>

#6 stuart avery

Hello

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

It looks like the class is on Sunday the 11th of Sept?

#7 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thinking about signing up for this. A couple of questions. Since its about 3 1/2 hrs from me is there a place for me to put my camper on Saturday if not what are the local accommodations? My spouse is not a CBBQA member and may not attend but I assume that she would need to join to attend or can she attend with me for the $50 fee? I also would be happy to help out an any capacity that I can if I attend.

#8 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Ok. My question was posted 3 days ago and no reply. I know I have seen posts from the Pres,BoD members and participants that are involved in this after my above question and I met/know most of these people. I am willing to spend money to come to the class to learn,help out the CBBQA and support the FFA.

There is a lot of talk about helping new members and I am one. I'm willing to do what I can to work at events,help teams and pretty much do what ever I can to learn as much as I can but if my questions and offers go unanswered then I will do/stick with what I know. Keep my money close to home and just make my friends happy with my food and hard work.

If I am the kind of guy that the CBBQA doesn't want around fine but if I am you need to a least acknowledge the efforts with a response and encourage the people like me that are trying to fit in.

BTW I already paid $199 for me and my spouse"Karla" to take the 102 class. It may just end up being a no show donation.

#9 scott bertken

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:harleys smoking meat racing and hunting what else is there

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

butch if you have payed you need to go because you will learn so much also you will be able to chat with the people putting on the class in witch there is so much bbq sense its worth the money take notes ask questions and watch and learn :clapping: :drinks: just my 2 cents

#10 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Scott. Most likely I will go. My post probably seems more harsh than it was meant. It was mostly directed towards supporting new members by answering their questions and making them feel welcome. :drinks:

#11 Bill Keyes

CBBQA Hall of Fame, Inducted 2013, Pres. Award 2012

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

View PostButch Richardson, on 20 July 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Thinking about signing up for this. A couple of questions. Since its about 3 1/2 hrs from me is there a place for me to put my camper on Saturday if not what are the local accommodations? My spouse is not a CBBQA member and may not attend but I assume that she would need to join to attend or can she attend with me for the $50 fee? I also would be happy to help out an any capacity that I can if I attend.

Butch,
Larry Hill is the guy you need to contact. Try to PM him.
Last year I was an Instructor at the class. I stayed in my RV at the fairgrounds in Hanford, which was a short drive to the class location. RV area was a nice shady area with hookups.
Not sure if the class is at the same location as last year, there was talk of it moving to the fairgrounds adjcent to the RV area.
PM Larry for the details.

Good luck,
Bill

#12 John Chips

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Butch, no answer after four days? I don't care if the BOD doesn't like you, I think your pretty cool. If you can stand the stigma of forever being a "Druncle", I would be happy to have you as a member of "The Drunk Uncles" at Clearlake. I will show you whatever you want to know. Be advised, I am not a threat to anyone on the "Circuit" but I promise you will enjoy yourself. The only requirements are to have fun and not take life or BBQ too serious. Remember, no one gets out alive. PM me if you like. Druncle Butch... can you handle it? Bill Bain has not competed since his last experience as a Druncle but still bears the shame! Its a big step and no going back.

NUTZ
druncles@gmail.com

#13 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the replies Bill and John. PMs sent.

#14 stuart avery

Hello

• 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

What day is the class? I have something that shows both 9/10 & 9/11?

#15 stuart avery

Hello

• 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

I reread the information and it looks like Sat is class 101 & Sun is 102 ( advanced) is that correct?

#16 Bill Bain

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Interests:CBJ
    Kilted Pig BBQ Team
    'Life's too short to drink cheap liquor or eat bad BBQ"

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostJohn Chips, on 24 July 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Butch, no answer after four days? I don't care if the BOD doesn't like you, I think your pretty cool. If you can stand the stigma of forever being a "Druncle", I would be happy to have you as a member of "The Drunk Uncles" at Clearlake. I will show you whatever you want to know. Be advised, I am not a threat to anyone on the "Circuit" but I promise you will enjoy yourself. The only requirements are to have fun and not take life or BBQ too serious. Remember, no one gets out alive. PM me if you like. Druncle Butch... can you handle it? Bill Bain has not competed since his last experience as a Druncle but still bears the shame! Its a big step and no going back.

NUTZ
druncles@gmail.com

Butch, be afraid, be very afraid. I'll always be Drunkle Bill and willing to help the Chipster but not sure he will have anyone who would actually be part of the Drunk Uncles:)

#17 Robert Hall

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:NB Bandera Lover

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'm looking forward to it, four days and counting.
Any more info on the class? Curious to see who all signed up.

#18 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Any updates from this CBBQA fund raiser?

A big thank you to all members who donated their time and efforts to this event.

#19 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Would love to hear from those who attended the classes this weekend. Been kinda quiet around here.

Mark

#20 Robert Hall

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:NB Bandera Lover

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

I tried to contact Larry and get confirmation last week on the event. I agree, very little "talkin it up" was happening. I had signed up for the 102 class a number of weeks ago and was looking forward to the good quality teachers and comraderie.

So I drove up to attented the 102 class on Sunday from Orange County.
5 hr drive to get there and no one there. Cruised the site three times and couldn't locate anyone, but 3 rv'ers that wern't BBQ'ers and the swap meet.
Made a 5 hour drive back to OC. A total waste of a day. Now I see on the 102 site that at 1:15 am Sunday morning they cancelled the class.

Would have been nice to know before a wasted a day and 500 miles of gas.
Wonder if they'll refund the class fee that was paid?
What about it Larry?

Edited by Robert Hall, 12 September 2011 - 08:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users