1st Annual Blues and Bones BBQ

29 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 1st Annual Blues and Bones BBQ

#2 David Schmidt

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

Does anyone out there know the promoter for this (Walt Duval, Bones Entertainment)? I believe they are saying prize checks will be mailed a week after the event, which makes me a little leery. It would be different is this was the Rotary Club, or a corporation, etc., but since I know nothing about the organization Iíll be looking for a little background before we consider it. Anybody?

#3 Walt Duval

What can I say I like it here

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

View PostDavid Schmidt, on 11 April 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:

Does anyone out there know the promoter for this (Walt Duval, Bones Entertainment)? I believe they are saying prize checks will be mailed a week after the event, which makes me a little leery. It would be different is this was the Rotary Club, or a corporation, etc., but since I know nothing about the organization Iíll be looking for a little background before we consider it. Anybody?

#4 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi David,

This is Walt Duval AKA Bones Entertainment please let me clarify. Any BBQ teams participating in the sales of samples ( Peoples Choice ) will recieve a check within a week after the event. All Prize money will be given to winners at the awards ceremony the day of the competition and prize money is required to be put into an account before the event by the Calaveras County Fair Grounds. I will take a look at my BBQ info on the website and make sure it is clear.

Hope to see you there.

Thank you,
Walt
If you or anybody has any questions
please email walt@bluesandbones.com
or call 209-456-3290

#5 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Walt, thank you for clairfying that. Will the prize money be awarded by check or cash?

#6 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

View PostRic Gilbert, on 11 April 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Walt, thank you for clairfying that. Will the prize money be awarded by check or cash?

#7 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hi Ric,
All prize money will be awarded by check.
Thanks for your intrest Ric it would be great to have you apart of this competition.
I have heard alot of positive things about you and your team.

Thanks,
Walt

#8 David Schmidt

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, Walt. Sounds like fun, and it's pretty close to home...checking with the team to see if we can add this on to the 2011 tour.

Cheers,

David
Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus

#9 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Letís get together!

At this yearís BLUES AND BONES BBQ Competition and Blues Festival, we welcome your BBQ team to compete for over $ 4,000 dollars in cash and prizes to be given at the festivals award ceramony. The competition will be located at the scenic Calaveras County fairgrounds in Angels Camp CA, On July 23, 2011. The entry fee starts at $150. Come share with us Good Friends, Good Music and Great BBQ.

For information please go to www.bluesandbone.com or click on the link below

http://www.bluesandb...id=50&Itemid=54

If you have any questions please call or email.
We look forward to seeing you there!

Walt Duval
Bones Entertainment
209-456-3290

#10 Bob Garcia

New to this forum

• 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

This looks like a good one, Anyone plan on going to this?

Beobe bbq

Edited by Bob Garcia, 16 April 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#11 Jess Trujillo

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

View PostBob Garcia, on 16 April 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

This looks like a good one, Anyone plan on going to this?

Beobe bbq

I'm definitely interested. I'll need to read up on the ICBA rules, but sounds like fun. It's going to be a HOT one. Need to bring plenty of hydrating liquids. :beer:

#12 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostJess Trujillo, on 16 April 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'm definitely interested. I'll need to read up on the ICBA rules, but sounds like fun. It's going to be a HOT one. Need to bring plenty of hydrating liquids. :beer:

#13 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Yes HOT is right. Hot Blues Guitar Riffs! Great BBQ! Cold Beer! and Temps in the 80s! lets keep are fingers crossed.
Hope to see ya there.

Thanks Walt :drinks:

#14 David Schmidt

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hi Walt!

The information page on the web site indicates "THERE WILL BE LIMITED ELECRICITY HOOK-UPS!!!!!". Could you shed a little light on this (no pun intended). We need "limited electricity", but I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing ;-)

Thanks!

David

Rolling Bones.

#15 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi David,

I spoke to the Calaveras County fair grounds today and we will able to drop power boxes for up to 45 teams.
I used a poor choice of wording on that info sheet regarding power and i will be changing it.

Thanks Walt

#16 David Schmidt

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

View PostBones Entertainment, on 19 April 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi David,

I spoke to the Calaveras County fair grounds today and we will able to drop power boxes for up to 45 teams.
I used a poor choice of wording on that info sheet regarding power and i will be changing it.

Thanks Walt

Cool. Thanks! I think that seals the deal for us. Looking forward to it!

#17 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Great Rolling Bones! We canít wait to meet your team, please fill free to send all your teams info: ( Website, Facebook page ) we are creating a page on our website to pay tribute to all of the BBQ teams that will be participating in this yearís competition.
We will be updating the website May 10 with all teams in the competition, so get your registration forms in ASAP. I would also like to thank some of our newest Blues and Bones Sponsors. COORS LIGHT, HAWG DAWGS, UMPQUA BANK,

Thanks Walt
Bones Entertainment

#18 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hey Folks,

Sign up fee will be going up May 15, 2011 by $50.00 dollars, please take advantage of our low entry fees now and remember all you Veterans you get a $50.00 discount. We also will be updating the website May 10. We are creating a page on our website to pay tribute to all of the BBQ teams that will be participating in this yearís competition. Please get your registration forms in ASAP.
If you plan on attending or if you have any questions please email walt@bluesandbones.com

Walt Duval
www.bluesandbones.com

#19 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hey Folks,

Sign up fee will be going up May 15, 2011 by $50.00 dollars, please take advantage of our low entry fees now and remember all you Veterans you get a $50.00 discount. We also will be updating the website May 10. We are creating a page on our website to pay tribute to all of the BBQ teams that will be participating in this yearís competition. Please get your registration forms in ASAP.
If you plan on attending or if you have any questions please email walt@bluesandbones.com

Walt Duval
www.bluesandbones.com

#20 Walt Duval

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hey Folks,

Walt Duval
www.bluesandbones.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users