newby

4 replies to this topic

#1 George Grippen

• 1 posts
  • Interests:BBQ,Darts,Motorcycles

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hi everybody new to forum just tring to get BBQ info and found this website I thought I would join I want to start competing and find new freinds :frantics: :frantics:

#2 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

George, glad to have you on board. Welcome to the world of California competition BBQ. And other general ramblings. Hope to see you on the trail.

Mark

Edited by mark evenson, 22 March 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#3 matt brailey

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Welcome aboard!

Lots of events coming up this year. Many of them are within a reasonable drive from your location. It is a good idea to come out to a contest and just stroll around to get a feel for what it's all about. At that point, you might feel like taking the plunge or you might choose to volunteer to help an established team to learn the ropes.

There are lots of opportunities to learn on this forum in the interim. Fire away with your questions and above all else, have fun. Note that there is a special section of the site dedicated to mentoring rookie teams. That is a great place to start reading and querying.

Good luck,

Matt

#4 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hey George,

Welcome aboard, you will find a unique group of individuals here all sharing a common interest. Hope to meet you at an upcoming event.

ric

#5 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Welcome George, since you're into BBQ it looks like you've found the right place. As others have already said, there's a lot to learn here and who know's, after enough perusing around you may decide to try your hand at some bbq comps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users