Timing question

2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Thank you for providing this opportunity! I plan to make use of it a lot as I prepare for my first contests, and I am sure I will need some advice as I move along from there!

For me, my biggest concern at the moment is with timing of the cook. Getting all 4 meats done at the right time is my biggest challenge. Aside from practice cooks (which I have been doing and continue to do so), what advice can you give for how to plan out timing of the cook to ensure everything is done on time for turn ins?

#2 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 09 February 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

Thank you for providing this opportunity! I plan to make use of it a lot as I prepare for my first contests, and I am sure I will need some advice as I move along from there!

For me, my biggest concern at the moment is with timing of the cook. Getting all 4 meats done at the right time is my biggest challenge. Aside from practice cooks (which I have been doing and continue to do so), what advice can you give for how to plan out timing of the cook to ensure everything is done on time for turn ins?
Practice makes perfect..before we started we did 8 cooks and nailed down our timing and took lots of notes,we like to let our brisket and pork rest for a good long time,ribs and chicken go almost straight in the box.

#3 Harry Soo

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 09 February 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

You can follow my time plan for a KCBS noon chickent turn-in:

Chicken done by 11:30 am for noon turn-in
Ribs done by 11:45 am for 12:30 pm turn-in
Pork done by 11:00 am for 1:00 pm turn-in
Brisket done by 11:30 for 1:30 pm turn-in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users