#201 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,581 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

The 2011 BoD passed the 8o% plan and the 300 mile limit last night

Edited by Thom Emery, 22 December 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#202 Craig Pippin

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

View PostBill Bain, on 22 December 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

I don't know how many more constests will be posted here but so far I count 15 SoCal and 7 NoCal KCBS events.

I saw 10 SC events, 6 NC events and 1 Central (Bakersfield) for 2012

I did not count 12/31 Buena Park - that is a 2011 event, Stagecoach-not a TOY event, or the 3 meat comps or the backyard comps.
There will be more for both areas.
Hail, Hail to the BBQ comps.

#203 Bill Bain

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:CBJ
    Kilted Pig BBQ Team
    'Life's too short to drink cheap liquor or eat bad BBQ"

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Is is nice to see so many events.

#204 dwayne joyner

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Whether liked or not, the action of the BOD to make the decision swiftly for the next coming season of contests and TOY is much appreciated. You all were under the gun to make a hard decision that affects all members and the furure of bbq. I personally like the new points system myself but I know some will not. I also believe that the TOY 300 mile rule will not be used very often if at all. If anything, it will encuorage promoters to make sure their events are on different dates which in turn will equal more competitions.

Edited by dwayne joyner, 22 December 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#205 Jerry Aguilar

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostDave Malone, on 22 December 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

Thanks again to the 2011 BOD. You are all better people than I for being willing to give countless hours of your time and abuse from the members. I know as a BOD you were forced to make decisions that would not always be popular but commend you for doing what you thought was right for the Association.

I feel the same way, thanks 2011 BOD!

#206 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

The 2011 ToY Season is in the bag. It was a great season and some good races went on in both Overall, Individual categories and we had a great rookie race. Congratulations to our leaders:

2011 ToY Champion - Slap Yo' Daddy
2011 Rookie of the Year - Huminie's Hogalicious BBQ
Chicken - Left Coast Q
Ribs - All Sauced Up
Pork - Slap Yo' Daddy
Brisket - All Sauced Up

Well done to all ToY competitors, looking forward to a great 2012 season!

#207 Donna Fong

CBBQA Hall of Fame, Inducted 2015

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thank you John for your years of service as TOY commissioner! And indeed, it was a fun year. Many congratulations to Adam, Matt, Dave and Harry. I am looking forward to seeing your new system implemented for this year and dialing it back a bit.

#208 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thank you John, for all your dedication and hard work for the program...what a chore to keep this up to date all year long!

Congrats to Harry, Dave, Matt and team members for a job well done!

I also want to congratulate fellow rookies Tracy and John of Woodhouse BBQ, Donna and Lamar and crew on a most excellent year! It was a lot of fun competing along side all of you and your efforts and results helped me strive to do better. I am proud to be a part of the 2011 Rookie Class and I think we showed the veteran teams that they need to step up their games to stay in the hunt!

Great job to all!

#209 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

A little late to the party been away. Congrats to Harry and team for TOY #1 and Adam and team for #1ROY. It has been quite an experience learning to compete for this my 1st year. Congrats to my team for their #5 ROY placing. Lokking forward and another fun time on the trail.
Good luck to all in the 2012 season.
May yer fires stay lit and yer meat keep cooking'

#210 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Congrats to Harry and Dave on your category wins and Harry on his 2nd Toy title..great job boys!..also to the 4 rookie teams that battled it out all over this giant state..congrats Adam and Sherry!..one hell of a season you two have had..also to John&Tracy who were the only rookies to GC this year(we need to rub elbows more)Donna the 1 woman 1 cooker bbq killer!..and our local boys Who's smokin now who have been finishing stronger every comp..great job from all of you!..also would like to give a big Nod to Big B's.if the points would have been different they would have been top 5 for sure..Stellar year Bill and crew!..really loking forward to all of the comps coming up..and the for the battle to begin again!

#211 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostCraig Pippin, on 22 December 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

I saw 10 SC events, 6 NC events and 1 Central (Bakersfield) for 2012

I did not count 12/31 Buena Park - that is a 2011 event, Stagecoach-not a TOY event, or the 3 meat comps or the backyard comps.
There will be more for both areas.
Hail, Hail to the BBQ comps.

Craig -- I still have Golden Acorn, 2nd Annual Little Engine I & II, and Knotts I (as II will be 2013).. Thats 4 more So Cal... and I still have two Irons on the stove.. with a maybe in Sept, and another one in mid October...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users