Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Good work young lady

#42 Dale Ginos

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

And of course When Pigs Fly will be there with the barn!

#43 Matthew Fish

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Chillin 'N' Grillin will be there. Kelleigh could you please send a link to fish@chillinngrillinbbq.com

Thanks

Fish

#44 Abel Tirre

CBBQA ToY Commissioner

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Interests:MCBJ, Certified TC and part time tuna slayer.. Good food, good drinks, and good friends

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostKelleigh Strobel, on 31 March 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

PC is the big goal on our end at the event. Crowds are expected to be even larger than last year and we are hoping to secure the support of enough of the teams with larger cooking capacities to ensure plenty of BBQ!!!

I had a great time last year. I had a few friends in from San Diego last year who drove up and arrived a little late and wow 30 min line for a PC was crazy. Not sure why, but it seemed like only 10 teams had PC after 12:00pm.

Looking forward to this year!

#45 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup is confirmed! Ranchers Reserve will announce the cut of beef and offer prize money as follows: 1st place: $900; 2nd place: $700; 3rd place: $500. All the details will be released mid April!

Judges, I have responded by email to confirm your spots. I have received over 75 requests to judge....I can't determine how many judges are needed until I have a better idea of how many teams are going to participate (unless I am missing something here). I will take the first 55 for right now, just basing an estimate on last years need. As we get closer to the event, I will notify anyone of open spots. The list of judges on the wiki page shows the confirmed spots.

Teams: I know it's still early but I have opened up some cook spots on the asphalt. On the registration page, you will have an opportunity to note your site preference (asphalt/grass). Preference being the operative word here.

#46 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

We're just waiting for our sponsors to give us the green light to enter this contest, we are itching to submit that entry....can't wait!

#47 Eva harris

Rib Doctor BBQ

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, BBQing, and spending time with the love of my life Hayward Harris JR aka The Rib Doctor

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

This is a great event, The Rib Doctor will be their, we are not doing PC

Eva & Hayward:drinks:

#48 Peter Lent

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:BBQ (of course), Woodworking, Camping

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

Pete's Firehouse BBQ is in, and we will be doing TONS of PC!!!!!

Great cause to support!

#49 Trevor Smith

• 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Is running water available on site for BBQ teams or do we need to bring our own water?

#50 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostTrevor Smith, on 07 April 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

Is running water available on site for BBQ teams or do we need to bring our own water?

Running water, Ice, and electricity are all availble to teams. RV hookups are available for those that need it. We will secure hot ash disposal, but cannot get hot oil disposal at the facility.

#51 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

I am excited to be getting a lot of calls from first time competitors for our event! I just updated the wiki with new team entries.
Please email or call if you need help registering. I am happy to register your team over the phone and answer any questions you might have about the event. Even if you aren't ready to send in your checks, the faster the teams complete their registrations, the quicker my team can hammer out the layout for you guys!

Btw...though we are committed to honoring special requests as best we can, there are only so many teams that can cook with Kyle!

I also posted on the wiki the rules for the Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup. The meat selection is Top Sirloin. Kelly MacIntosh is helping to review the information so that I provide you guys with accurate details. So...more info to follow on this aspect of the event.

#52 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

View PostPeter Lent, on 06 April 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Pete's Firehouse BBQ is in, and we will be doing TONS of PC!!!!!

Great cause to support!

No Kidding! I just saw your request for product. Thanks Pete! we appreciate the support!

#53 Abel Tirre

CBBQA ToY Commissioner

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Interests:MCBJ, Certified TC and part time tuna slayer.. Good food, good drinks, and good friends

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Just got a call on my cell confirming that I can still judge, wow seems like everything is checked and double checked! Can't wait for this one again this year!

Although I won't be able to do the Q-Challenge since i'm judging will you have that this year?? One of the partners at my firm swears he can complete the challenge without a problem!

#54 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostAbel Tirre, on 25 April 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

Although I won't be able to do the Q-Challenge since i'm judging will you have that this year?? One of the partners at my firm swears he can complete the challenge without a problem!

Err...with the possibility of over 50 teams participating in PC, that amounts to over 150 ounces of BBQ. Not so sure about that!

#55 Tom Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hey Kelleigh ask Adam from Man vs Food if he wants to give it a shot.

#56 Abel Tirre

CBBQA ToY Commissioner

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

View PostKelleigh Strobel, on 25 April 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

Err...with the possibility of over 50 teams participating in PC, that amounts to over 150 ounces of BBQ. Not so sure about that!

That will be our little secret, since I have an 10 year old fuente shark on the line!!

#57 Sylvie Curry

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

We'll be there. Check in the mail from Four Q.

#58 Kelleigh Strobel

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

Here are the finalized details for the Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup

* Team overview with detailed information is attached
* Teams MUST register online at the KCBS/Ranchers Reserve website, SEPERATE from the main contest registration
* Meat selection is Top Sirloin
* Product must be bought at a Safeway retailer and a receipt must be brought to the event
**please note, the retailer of choice on the 2nd page of the team overview sheet has been changed. The new retailer is in the city of Costa Mesa (much closer to the venue). The contact info for the retailer is listed when you fill out the registration at the KCBS/Ranchers Reserve site.

Here is the link to the registration site (also found on the form attached herein)

http://www.kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php

RR Top Siloin will be added as a 5th category in the KCBS contest, at no additional cost to the teams. I am working with Kelly to decide the turn in times. KCBS/RR are asking that teams register 5 weeks in advance of the event. Even is you aren't yet ready to register for the contest, please take the time to complete this registration as soon as you can.

Additionally, I would like to also announce the partnership with Ranchers Reserve for the Beef products that will be used in the People's Choice contest!

Attached Files

Edited by Kelleigh Strobel, 26 April 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#59 Joe Golden

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, My Family

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostKelleigh Strobel, on 26 April 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Additionally, I would like to also announce the partnership with Ranchers Reserve for the Beef products that will be used in the People's Choice contest!

That is great news! Looking forward to helping your great cause and event!

Edited by Joe Golden, 26 April 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#60 Eva harris

Rib Doctor BBQ

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, BBQing, and spending time with the love of my life Hayward Harris JR aka The Rib Doctor

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hi Kelleigh,

The Rib Doctor's Check went out in the mail today.

Eva & Hayward:drinks:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users