3rd Annual Smokin in the Oaks

76 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 3rd Annual Smokin in the Oaks

#2 Tracy Allen

Business Membership Coordinator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostBen Lobenstein, on 07 December 2010 - 05:14 PM, said:

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: <A HREF=http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?title=3rd_Annual_Smokin_in_the_Oaks>3rd Annual Smokin in the Oaks</A>

Scott just sent me the new link for this years Penn Valley event with all entry forms posted... www.pennvalleyrodeo.com

Looking forward to seeing everybody at this fun event!

Besides, it's my birthday weekend and I love to celebrate!
:sorcerer:

#3 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostTracy Allen, on 02 February 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

Scott just sent me the new link for this years Penn Valley event with all entry forms posted... www.pennvalleyrodeo.com

Looking forward to seeing everybody at this fun event!

Besides, it's my birthday weekend and I love to celebrate!
:sorcerer:

Oooh girl, come by our camp we'll have a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate your B-day.

#4 Tracy Allen

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

View PostRic Gilbert, on 02 February 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oooh girl, come by our camp we'll have a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate your B-day.

:drinks: Looking forward to it. Thanks Ric... I love bubbly!

#5 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Just finishing up the details of our KIDS A-Q'n Grill-Off, the age groups will be 6-11 and 12-15, will have more details and entry forms next week,along with added prize money and $500 for PC Champ we will be giving each team a swag bag full of goodies and of course our collectible participation plaques.The PVCRA is putting in a portable dish washing area and we are working on showers to make our campers happy,more details next week.

#6 Bill Souza

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

Right On Scott that sounds great!!

#7 Pat Kennealy

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

View Postscott gomes, on 06 March 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

Just finishing up the details of our KIDS A-Q'n Grill-Off, the age groups will be 6-11 and 12-15, will have more details and entry forms next week,along with added prize money and $500 for PC Champ we will be giving each team a swag bag full of goodies and of course our collectible participation plaques.The PVCRA is putting in a portable dish washing area and we are working on showers to make our campers happy,more details next week.

Wow, very cool. Sean will be very excited to hear this news. Thanks Scott. PS, if you need any help along the way just let me know, always available to help.

#8 Richard Wallace

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

Scott,
Sonoma Smokers plan to attend this event, Will get my app. in soon
Rich Wallace

#9 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

If teams competing in this years (Smokin In The Oaks) event would like to be featured in our Event Program, including Kidz-Que contestants, please send me a short bio and a pic and i will set it up, bios and pics must be received by April 23 for print dead line, Thanks and look forward to seeing you all again

#10 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Would like to Welcome Dana Emerson and the Chain Smokers BBQ Teamfrom Redding Ca,look forward to meeting you all.

#11 Vance Salvador

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Hawaii

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Scott,
I was able to get the time off from work, so we're in!
I just wrote the check and put the entry form in the mail.

#12 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostVance Salvador, on 08 April 2011 - 03:28 AM, said:

Scott,
I was able to get the time off from work, so we're in!
I just wrote the check and put the entry form in the mail.

Great news Vance, :clapping: really look forward to seeing you guys again, 2011 is going to be a lot of fun!!

#13 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

Scott,
I just sent in a check to Penn Valley. This was clearly one of my favorite contests last year. It is the most unique experience at a BBQ contest that I could imagine. Watching the mounted shooters in full dress, the fast draw competition with the two different styles of shooting and hearing the occasional gunshoot sounds during BBQ judging was too cool for this city girl. Living in Oakland, gun shots are bad things! My favorite moment was in the tent during the pork judging, a large horse very close to me, but on the other side of the tent, nayed quite loudly. I didn't know he was there and almost jumped out of my seat and then laughed for a long time.

Looking forward to attending the event again but on the other side. I'll have to see about a cowgirl outfit.

Donna

#14 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Here's one Donna.

http://www.costumesh...ct_code=la53048

#15 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Ric,
You crack me up. Believe me, if I could wear this outfit I would. But I fear the gunslingers would start shooting at me for permanently damaging their eyesight and their mental well-being.

#16 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

View PostDonna Fong, on 12 April 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

Scott,
I just sent in a check to Penn Valley. This was clearly one of my favorite contests last year. It is the most unique experience at a BBQ contest that I could imagine. Watching the mounted shooters in full dress, the fast draw competition with the two different styles of shooting and hearing the occasional gunshoot sounds during BBQ judging was too cool for this city girl. Living in Oakland, gun shots are bad things! My favorite moment was in the tent during the pork judging, a large horse very close to me, but on the other side of the tent, nayed quite loudly. I didn't know he was there and almost jumped out of my seat and then laughed for a long time.

Looking forward to attending the event again but on the other side. I'll have to see about a cowgirl outfit.

Donna

Great news Donna, really look forwardt to seeing you in Penn Valley, i will try to keep the horses away from your Cook site, maybe we will tie them up at leonards cook site to make it more authentic, just watch where yer steppin pilgrim.

#17 Tracy Allen

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

View PostDonna Fong, on 12 April 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

Scott,

Donna

I remember that horse. It was very loud and quite talkative. I was happy to be on the other side of the tent.
The shooting and riding events in the arena were really cool, and entertaining too!
Looking forward to some of Leonards cowboy breakfast this year!

#18 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Would like to welcome Jeff Lemke and his Ash Kickin'Smokers BBQ Team from Lincoln, ca, great to have you back.

#19 scott gomes

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Would like to welcome Brendon Sullivan and his Bam Dazy BBQ Teamfrom Nevada City,Brendon is new to Competition BBQ and eager to jump in with both feet, will be hitting several northern contest, welcome Brendon.

#20 Jason Eads

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Music, Fishing

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

This was a great event last year and it sounds like it will be another great event this year. I can't make it this year due to family commitments, but wish I could.

I encourage anyone who is on the fence about whether or not to sign up for this one to go for it. You won't regret it.

Jason

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users