166 replies to this topic

#161 Derrick Galiste

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:BBQ and Photography

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'll give you a comment from one of our cards. Hope you get a good laugh. I think it was the best comment ever since we got DQed in appearance in pork! by all six judges.
Appearance-1 somebody found hair - I would have ate the hair (BOX LOOKED AWESOME)
Texture -10 loved the chuncks "the money meat" I want to eat more of this
taste -10 thats what I'm talkin bout excellent!
and thats about what the rest said,makes me wonder where we would had placed in pork but thats how it goes "live and learn" LOL at least here in Norcal we can say there is always next week. Just wanted to let you know the cards may not say a lot however some comment is better than nothing Adam. Remember while this is competition bbq to have fun too! See you guys in Brentwood. Maybe we can trade you some lipstck for some hairnets!!

You weren't the only one Bill, they called it a hair....more like a fuzz. "Embedded" in the sauce...if it was so "embedded" in the sauce, why is there no sauce on the "hair" or on the sheet they taped it to. My only complaint is that it wasn't brought to my attention at the time of judging is all I'm saying. 2 appearance scores were crossed out so judge #3 must have seen it. So I feel your pain Bill. I did like the comment cards on all aspects of all meats. Yes it would have been nice to see where we would have placed with a decent score in pork....like you said, live and learn.

Next time.

#162 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

A huge thank you to all of you that made WOW a great event. I know many of you made a difficult choice and sacrifice to attend this year and we appreciate your support more than words can express. Collectively, we accomplished many things this weekend. We demonstrated that CA can support two events on the same weekend if planned properly and, CA teams are ready to embrace change. You all rose to the challenge of a new competition format and nailed it! The positive feedback for the PNWBA and representatives Christene and Anthony James was phenomenal. They worked very hard to insure you had the best possible experience. Additional recognition and thanks go to all the staff at the Downtown Stockton Alliance, practically Emily and Chris who planned and executed this event in a near perfect fashion. Thanks to all the volunteers for keeping the venue spotless and security for keeping an eye open for all of us. Kyle and Ben were ever present to offer a hand when needed and greatly appreciated. Our charities also benefited from your participation and support. For me, this weekend reinforced just what an eclectic group of individuals you are; independent and competitive yet, ready to stand together when needed. I am so honored to have spent some time with you, many thanks.

ric

#163 Pat Kennealy

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostScott Hares, on 24 May 2011 - 08:32 AM, said:

I'm pretty quick when I'm hungry.

Around my kitchen, if you ain't quick you'll stay hungry :thumbsup:

#164 Tracy Allen

Business Membership Coordinator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

View PostRic Gilbert, on 25 May 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:

A huge thank you to all of you that made WOW a great event. I am so honored to have spent some time with you, many thanks.

ric

Loved the event, and just want to add my huge THANK YOU to you and Ben for doing all that you two do!

Can't wait to see you both again in Rancho Cordova in July!

#165 Ric Gilbert

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

All the beans have been counted.

$4,500 raised for charity this year.

Thanks to all who made this happen.

ric

#166 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

PC Checks went out today, everyone should have them by Wed.

#167 scott bertken

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:harleys smoking meat racing and hunting what else is there

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

thanks ben and ric and PNWBA for all the hard work we had fun and will fallow you anytime any place :drinks:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users