Jump to content




3rd Annual Way Out West BBQ


166 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 3rd Annual Way Out West BBQ

#2 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Everyone please be advised that this event has a date change, we've moved to 5/21/11.

A replacement 4th of July event is in the works too ;)

#3 Vance Salvador

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Location:Chico, CA
  • Interests:Hawaii

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Its on my calender.

#4 Jonathan Robertson

  • CBBQA Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Is there a sign-up anywhere?

Thanks,
Jon Robertson
The Porks of Hazzard
Oakland, CA

#5 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

Not yet but soon!

#6 Ric Gilbert

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

We are pleased to announce that the Way Out West BBQ Championship has now become a Pacific Northwest Barbeque Association (PNWBA) sanctioned event.

This is fantastic news for our bbq community. By partnering with the PNWBA, we add a third nationally recognized sanctioning body to CA thus offering you more options and opportunities to compete.

Established in 1991, The PNWBA is the second oldest BBQ association and sanctioning body in the nation. Since it’s beginning the PNWBA has been putting on BBQ contests from as far north as Whistler, British Columbia and south to Oregon and east to Calgary, Alberta. Way Out West BBQ Championship set for May 21, 2011 in Stockton, CA is the first BBQ Contest ever in California to be sanctioned by the Pacific North West BBQ Association. We are ready to answer your questions and encourage you to visit the PNWBA website.

For a complete set of rules - http://www.pnwba.com/rules_page.htm

Way out West will continue to be the Central Valley’s premier food festival and BBQ contest, with continued growth, at a great venue, in a great town, benefiting local charities, now with a more local flavor governing the BBQ contest.

Look for WOW’s website to come on line very shortly with all the sign-up info you need and…a few surprises.

Edited by Ric Gilbert, 02 March 2011 - 01:58 PM.


#7 Adam Hollman

    Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Location:Gilroy
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

:yahoo:

#8 Tracy Allen

    Business Membership Coordinator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Location:Antelope, CA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Nice Job! Happy to see WoW continue! :smile:

#9 Rick Renaud

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Location:Victorville, Ca.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostRic Gilbert, on 02 March 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

We are pleased to announce that the Way Out West BBQ Championship has now become a Pacific Northwest Barbeque Association (PNWBA) sanctioned event.

This is fantastic news for our bbq community. By partnering with the PNWBA, we add a third nationally recognized sanctioning body to CA thus offering you more options and opportunities to compete.

Established in 1991, The PNWBA is the second oldest BBQ association and sanctioning body in the nation. Since it’s beginning the PNWBA has been putting on BBQ contests from as far north as Whistler, British Columbia and south to Oregon and east to Calgary, Alberta. Way Out West BBQ Championship set for May 21, 2011 in Stockton, CA is the first BBQ Contest ever in California to be sanctioned by the Pacific North West BBQ Association. We are ready to answer your questions and encourage you to visit the PNWBA website.

For a complete set of rules - http://www.pnwba.com/rules_page.htm

Way out West will continue to be the Central Valley’s premier food festival and BBQ contest, with continued growth, at a great venue, in a great town, benefiting local charities, now with a more local flavor governing the BBQ contest.

Look for WOW’s website to come on line very shortly with all the sign-up info you need and…a few surprises.
Way to pull this one in Ric!
Lemons into Lemonade

#10 Scott Hares

    Needs to Get a Life

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Location:San Jose

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Outstanding!!!

#11 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

View PostScott Hares, on 02 March 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

Outstanding!!!
Thanks we think so too!

#12 Adam Hollman

    Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Location:Gilroy
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Ok, first question...will this be a CBBQA ToY event? It seems to meet all of the eligibility requirements.

#13 Ben Lobenstein

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 02 March 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Ok, first question...will this be a CBBQA ToY event? It seems to meet all of the eligibility requirements.
We sure hope so.

#14 Bill Keyes

    CBBQA Hall of Fame, Inducted 2013, Pres. Award 2012

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Location:Fillmore, Ca

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostAdam Hollman, on 02 March 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Ok, first question...will this be a CBBQA ToY event? It seems to meet all of the eligibility requirements.

BOD needs to vote to approve.

#15 Chuck Collondrez

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

great news we will be there.

#16 Jon Green

    Forum Problem Child

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Location:Campbell, CA

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Do they have shirts for certified judges? :)

#17 Christene James

    What can I say I like it here

  • Registered User
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

We do have great PNWBA shirts that say Judge on the back. New this year.

Christene James
PNWBA Master Judge
Raven's Fyre BBQ Team

#18 Brian Moriarty

    Forum Irregular

  • CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

View Postdeena77, on 02 March 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

We do have great PNWBA shirts that say Judge on the back. New this year.

Christene James
PNWBA Master Judge
Raven's Fyre BBQ Team


I gotta get one of those!


Glad to see the WOW event will live on, If I'm not mistaken, this should be a State Qualifier, does it matter to most about TOY points?


I will be in Hollister this Sunday if anyone has any questions about PNWBA events.

#19 Ric Gilbert

    CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2009

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Location:San Jose, CA
  • Interests:Harleys, gourmet cooking, live music, reading, event promoting, charity work and most of all...my family

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Correct...This is a STATE QUALIFER.

The Grand Champion will qualify for the Jack Daniels Invitational,
the American Royal, and the Great American BBQ contests.

TOY is pending a CBBQA Board vote.

Edited by Ric Gilbert, 02 March 2011 - 05:57 PM.


#20 Benny Adauto

    Needs to Get a Life

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Location:Whittier, CA
  • Interests:Cycling, Golf, Auto Racing

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations Ric and Ben. Also welcome PNWBA to CA (the other CA). Had the opportunity to cook in Langley BC and meet Christine and her crew last year. They were all very helpful to us in our first PNWBA contest. Hope to do 3 this year.

Benny





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users