1st Annual Sundial Music festival and Rib Cook-Off

62 replies to this topic

#61 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

I know there was a statistician on site to tabulate scores and when I asked him if he had copies of the scores he essentially said "not my job", in a nice way. I think this may have been one of the small items dropped due to Scott's absence. Everyone did a great job under the circumstances, so I am not complaining, but when the main organizer has an accident 2 days before the event and is in hospital, some balls are going to get dropped.

I have to admit that since this was my very first time competing in BBQ, it was disappointing to not get any sort of feedback from the judges. No individual scores/breakdown from the judges, and no comment cards. Also for sauce and ABTs, only first place knows how they did, everyone else just knows they were somewhere between 2nd and last.

Again, not complaining, just a bit disappointed. I still had a great time and the event was a lot of fun for us. We got to try our hands at competing, got to meet some good folks and overall it was a very fun weekend. Thanks again for everyone who stepped up to make sure the contest still ran. You guys did great!

#62 Vincent Carrocci

CBBQA Team of the Year 2008 & 2009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

Adam, it sounds like you are used to the kind of information and documentation that teams receive when they compete in KCBS sanctioned events. It is not very common to see those things at any other kind of event, at least not in my experience, including IBCA contests.

#63 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

Ya, my experience is limited and the few events I have been to so far have been KCBS so I suppose I have been spoiled. I have just been doing everything I can to soak up knowledge and experience before competing on my own in my first KCBS events next year. I want to have a shot at rookie of the year, so I need to come out of the gate strong and I know the competition will be tougher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users