CBBQA Team of the Year 2010

57 replies to this topic

#41 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

We're trying. Our blunder in MH cost us a lot of potential points so we're doing what we can to make up for it. Gonna be tough with all the solid teams in front of us and one behind us that is quickly establishing their position. (hint: their name starts with an R and ends with a hythm 'n Que)

#42 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for SMITTY'S SMOKE PATROL

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

John has the new ranks updated.

Jumps in the Top 25 standings by BLQUE, 155 South, Birds Pit Crew and Rock's Bar-B-Que.

As everyone gets their 5 scores...it just gets tighter.

#43 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

The season is coming into the final stretch with 2 Norcal and 2 Socal contests still on the calendar and plenty of point to be earned.

#44 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

The Ribstock results have been added to the standings. Not a lot of movement in the ranks but with his win, All Sauced Up has added 5 points to the buffer between 2nd and 3rd giving himself a little breathing room...for now. :)

#45 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

All Sauced Up pulls off another win in Placerville and has closed the gap between them and first place to 11 points. What only not too long ago seemed like a run away win for Slap Yo' Daddy has now turned into a legitimate battle for the title. Still plenty of contests left in the year to make this interesting. Good luck all!

#46 Smoqued BBQ

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

My god Dave!!! What got into you this year??? Great job on all your success. :thumbsup:

#47 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

Well, I don't think Harry & Benny took my last post too kindly cause they made sure to add 5 more points to their lead by winning Lancaster and making sure that if All Sauced Up was going to challenge them for the #1 spot, it was going to be a battle. Good job guys!

Rhythm 'n Que was the big mover of the week jumping from 10th to 6th with their RGC and now knocking on the door of the top 5. You knew they were going to cause some ruckus this year, they just waited a little longer than usual to do it. :thumbsup:

#48 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostJohn Bracamonte, on 11 October 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

Well, I don't think Harry & Benny took my last post too kindly cause they made sure to add 5 more points to their lead by winning Lancaster and making sure that if All Sauced Up was going to challenge them for the #1 spot, it was going to be a battle. Good job guys!

Rhythm 'n Que was the big mover of the week jumping from 10th to 6th with their RGC and now knocking on the door of the top 5. You knew they were going to cause some ruckus this year, they just waited a little longer than usual to do it. :thumbsup:

Harry is also 4th in the KCBS standings and could move up into the Top 3 or Top 1 with a strong finish... Rythm N Que is also in the Top 10 and All Sauced up moved up to 20th after Lancaster... Good job guys... I know Butcher.com (just behind Harry) is coming out West to finish off the year...

#49 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

It's great to see CBBQA teams vying for top spots in the nation. Show those other boys that BBQ in CA is no bulls*it!

Edited by John Bracamonte, 13 October 2010 - 06:18 PM.

#50 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

ToY has been updated to include the Golden Acorn results.

We now head into the last lap of the season with it all coming to a finish at the Tom's Farms 2 contest event. There are plenty of tight standings and room for teams to move up in the ranks with a good showing at the end of the year. It's gonna be a great finish, good luck everyone!

#51 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Can't wait to see the final results!

#52 John Bracamonte

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

The final ToY event of the season is in the bag and the 2010 final results are up.

Congratulations to the 2010 CBBQA Team of the Year winners - Slap Yo' Daddy. Harry and Benny have had a dominating year and are well deserved champs. They started the season strong with a GC at Morgan Hill and continued on a championship pace. Along the way they gathered six GC's, and 4 RGC's. Well done guys, my hat's off to you!

Our runner up this year was Dave Malone with All Sauced Up. Dave started off the year with a surprise GC at Stagecoach and then spent the rest of the year showing everyone that it was no fluke. He was on the heels of SYD for most of the season and with a great finish at Tom's Farms, ended up only 10 points out of the top spot. Congrats Dave on your success this year and we expect more of the same from you next year.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to our 3rd place Team of the Year - Rhythm 'n Que. They didn't come out of the gate running like most of the other teams but gradually picked up the pace and moved up the ranks as the year progressed. Their strong finish at Tom's Farms catapulted them into the 3rd place spot. The 2008 and 2009 ToY champs are still competing at the highest of levels and are a force to be reckoned with.

This year also saw an influx of rookies not seen before, and in the end one of those teams stood out above the rest. Congratulation to our 2010 Rookies of the Year - Left Coast Q. These guys started their quest with an RGC at Bakersfield and continued the year strong finishing with 2 RGC's and 4 top-5 finishes. These guys are the real deal and I'm sure will be a top contender for years to come. Congrats rookies!

The individual categories turned out to be exciting races as well that came down to the last event of the year. Our winners in the categories are:

Chicken - Smokin' Yankees
Ribs - Smokin' Yankees
Pork - All Hogs Go to Heaven
Brisket - All Sauced Up

Well, this wraps up a great 2010 season. Thanks to all the teams who competed this year and made this year what it was. I'm looking forward to another exciting season for 2011.

Edited by John Bracamonte, 03 January 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#53 Adam Hollman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Congrats everyone! You should be proud of all your hard work and efforts!!!

#54 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for SMITTY'S SMOKE PATROL

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Congrats to all of our 2010 Team of the Year winners.

After a year in which we were fortunate to travel quite a bit and compete against teams from other parts of the BBQ country I am convinced we have as much talent out here as anywhere. I am happy we get to go against such great cooks, and I feel it does make us all better by doing so.

We'll be back in 2011 to take a crack at getting one of those big nice trophies.

#55 Smoqued BBQ

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Congratulations Harry & Benny, you guys kicked some serious butt this year! Dave, we are so happy for your success after only competing for 2 years! It's amazing that the top 2 teams in CA are so new to the world of competitive BBQ. Excellent job! :thumbsup:

We had a great time competing with all of you this year and look forward to another year of great memories!

#56 mark evenson

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Artisan pizza

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Congratulations to all the winners. Also congrats to all the CBBQA teams who competed. It is no small accomplishment to just show up and cook for a comp. The winners are great but a small percentage of the teams that compete and work hard even if only a few times a year. Many happy returns in 2011.

Mark

#57 Sylvie Curry

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

View PostJohn Bracamonte, on 03 January 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

The final ToY event of the season is in the bag and the 2010 final results are up.

"Congratulations to the 2010 CBBQA Team of the Year winners - Slap Yo' Daddy. Harry and Benny have had a dominating year and are well deserved champs. They started the season strong with a GC at Morgan Hill and continued on a championship pace. Along the way they gathered six GC's, and 4 RGC's. Well done guys, my hat's off to you!

Our runner up this year was Dave Malone with All Sauced Up. Dave started off the year with a surprise GC at Stagecoach and then spent the rest of the year showing everyone that it was no fluke. He was on the heels of SYD for most of the season and with a great finish at Tom's Farms, ended up only 10 points out of the top spot. Congrats Dave on your success this year and we expect more of the same from you next year."

"This year also saw an influx of rookies not seen before, and in the end one of those teams stood out above the rest. Congratulation to our 2010 Rookies of the Year - Left Coast Q. These guys started their quest with an RGC at Bakersfield and continued the year strong finishing with 2 RGC's and 4 top-5 finishes. These guys are the real deal and I'm sure will be a top contender for years to come. Congrats rookies!

The individual categories turned out to be exciting races as well that came down to the last event of the year. Our winners in the categories are:

Chicken - Smokin' Yankees
Ribs - Smokin' Yankees
Pork - All Hogs Go to Heaven
Brisket - All Sauced Up

Well, this wraps up a great 2010 season. Thanks to all the teams who competed this year and made this year what it was. I'm looking forward to another exciting season for 2011."
Congrats to you all. I'd also like to congratulate Harry and Benny for achieving the #3 in America spot in the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) 2010 Team of the Year (TOY) race among over 4,000 teams participating.

#58 Adam Hollman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostSylvie Curry, on 05 January 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

Congrats to you all. I'd also like to congratulate Harry and Benny for achieving the #3 in America spot in the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) 2010 Team of the Year (TOY) race among over 4,000 teams participating.

Good point! I see a few teams listed in their top 25...congrats to all! What great accomplishments!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users