Please stop the nonsense

15 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Hares

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Someone develops a website, minding his own business blissfully free of the drama here, and he gets dragged into the drama anyway. My membership expired, and I have not participated in these forums for quite some time, so please excuse me if I took too long to answer.

To say I'm a bit amused that some CBBQA members seem to feel entitled to know who developed CalBQue is an understatement. So let me just say this - CalBQue is NOT an anti CBBQA site. It takes nothing away from CBBQA. It's not a club, a forum, or a charity fund raiser. It doesn't divide the state either - the other thread does a fine job of that. No. CalBQue offers drama free information without taking anything away from CBBQA.

CalBQue is an experiment to see what effect the different scoring programs around the country would have on standings. Nobody has ever worked the numbers this way. Instead of welcoming it, some of the clubs leaders just gotta take a dump on it. Maybe you might find it interesting as the year progresses. If not then fine.

The fact is CalBQue benefits CBBQA members much more than you may realize. It verifies CBBQA scores (to the exclusion of non member teams). This year, every single time your official scores were updated they needed correcting! Who knows how late in the year the invalid scoring would have continued. Thankfully CalBQue was there to keep CBBQA scoring on the right path.

As for why would someone want private registration - excuse me but, Aaaah ha ha ha!

That said - Why are the CBBQA domains using private registration? They weren't private when I was admin? Why is a public 501c3 organization hiding key information?

Anyway, to reiterate - CalBQue is not an anti CBBQA site and is not a threat to CBBQA. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that, quit crying.

#2 Andrew Soto

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:BBQ
    Sprint Cars
    Cold Beer

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Can we request that our info not be used ? if so, I respectfully request that my results be omitted until made clear who's running the website! fair deal?

#3 Kevin Barteaux

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with Cal Bears Football and Basketball, Fishing, and Barbecue.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm pretty sure Scott is saying it is his site.

Edited by Butch Richardson, 10 April 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#4 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostScott Hares, on 10 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Someone develops a website, minding his own business blissfully free of the drama here, and he gets dragged into the drama anyway. My membership expired, and I have not participated in these forums for quite some time, so please excuse me if I took too long to answer.

To say I'm a bit amused that some CBBQA members seem to feel entitled to know who developed CalBQue is an understatement. So let me just say this - CalBQue is NOT an anti CBBQA site. It takes nothing away from CBBQA. It's not a club, a forum, or a charity fund raiser. It doesn't divide the state either - the other thread does a fine job of that. No. CalBQue offers drama free information without taking anything away from CBBQA.

CalBQue is an experiment to see what effect the different scoring programs around the country would have on standings. Nobody has ever worked the numbers this way. Instead of welcoming it, some of the clubs leaders just gotta take a dump on it. Maybe you might find it interesting as the year progresses. If not then fine.

The fact is CalBQue benefits CBBQA members much more than you may realize. It verifies CBBQA scores (to the exclusion of non member teams). This year, every single time your official scores were updated they needed correcting! Who knows how late in the year the invalid scoring would have continued. Thankfully CalBQue was there to keep CBBQA scoring on the right path.

As for why would someone want private registration - excuse me but, Aaaah ha ha ha!

That said - Why are the CBBQA domains using private registration? They weren't private when I was admin? Why is a public 501c3 organization hiding key information?

Anyway, to reiterate - CalBQue is not an anti CBBQA site and is not a threat to CBBQA. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that, quit crying.
Thanks for finally stepping up and claiming it Scott..the only issue I see with it is you equate a 15 team comp the same as 99 team comp?..that part makes no sense but the rest of it looks nice and clean and nice job on your effort

#5 Steve Wilson

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Scott - it is an interesting concept and everything would have been fine had you just approached the BOD and said "This is what I'm doing." Not even to ask permission, you don't need that at all. It would have been just common courtesy. You saw how many of us reacted. It's a cool website and Matt D. even posted how maybe you could take over the reins.

And I believe it could be devisive to CBBQA. The following is currently 90% NorCal. Obviously the word got out about this before yesterday. If you guys want two associations to manage the contests, that's fine. Teams can go where ever they want to compete. I think we should stay one association, but we all need to be on the same boat. Right now there's a SoCal boat, a NorCal Boat and a California boat. I suggest we sink the first two and all board the big boat.

#6 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'm going to clean up this thread. Please stay ON TOPIC...Thank you.

#7 Butch Richardson

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Not gong to split it. The split topic would probably be locked anyway,nothing positive would come of it anyway. Lets just pretend to be grown-ups with a common goal and move forward. :) Thank You!

#8 Brad Modlin

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing,BBQ

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

This bull**** even makes my family look normal and thats pretty bad.

#9 Scott Hares

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostALL FIRED UP, on 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Agreed, the toll on membership head count is the result.

Look, my message has been 100% positive the last few days - great organization, and great people. But if you dare to politely, and objectively enunciate a problem, a few bad apples bring the negativity, bash, berate, and bully. I wish the leadership would step up and at least make a statement, but seem to be absent.

#10 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Scott, would you like me to add anything you wish to discuss with us to this week's meeting agenda?

#11 Andrew Soto

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:BBQ
    Sprint Cars
    Cold Beer

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostALL FIRED UP, on 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing!

#12 Scott Hares

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostJerry Aguilar, on 12 April 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Scott, would you like me to add anything you wish to discuss with us to this week's meeting agenda?
Thank you Jerry, that is not an option for me with an expired membership. But last week was illustrative of the problem facing the organization. Clarification from me should not be necessary. Perhaps a board member could take the lead to finding a creative resolution to the problem unless the consensus is that there is no problem - then fair enough.

#13 Scott Hares

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Oh! Yes Jerry I do have a question for the board if they will entertain questions from expired members, thanks. I do not believe the members have seen an answer why the CBBQA domains are all under private registration now. It's a public 501c3!

Since members dragged me out of forum retirement over www.CalBQue.com private registration, they are owed an explanation. Thanks.

#14 Dale Ginos

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I live in the dark ages, so I have absolutely no idea about what all this "domain" jargon is all about, but I do have an opinion about websites. The world wide web must have billions of websites, some considered worthy of view and others not so worthy. Each individual is empowered to search and evaluate any site of their choosing. One even has the right to share their pleasure or displeasure of any site of their choosing. If I come across a site of what I deem to be of a dis-pleasurable nature I simply avoid the site in the future. I may also share my displeasure with others. I believe where we cross the line as an organization is when one's displeasure of a "site" turns to one's displeasure of an individual. I have said many times before and will continue to voice my opinion, "If you don't like the rules, don't play the game." If you don't like a site, person or thing, don't entertain it.

#15 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,114 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

As I recall the orginal web site developer Caz (good cook when he was doing it) registered the site and has paid the costs since then
Ben would probably know more about this than I do

#16 Scott Shimano

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Yesterday I was doing some research for work and came across this information which might solve the question about the private/public registration, and how to have it resolved. It looks to be pretty simple.

http://support.godad...ur-domain-names

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users