Wiki: 2nd Annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-Off

57 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: 2nd Annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-Off

#2 John Hammond

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:We are hosting our second annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-Off on July 27, 2013 with setup and cook's mtg on 7/26. We are in the shadow of Mt. Shasta in the heart of historic angus beef ranching country. Please come to our event!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Welcome everyone to the 2nd annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-off. We had a very successful event in 2012 and are hoping to see all of you again who participated last year plus some new faces.

We have raised the total prize money to $8000 minimum.
We are offering a discount of $40 for entries received by 4/1/13.
Electricity is included in the enrty fee this year.
We had 95% CBJs last year and are shooting for 100% in 2013
We are pending as a CBBQA ToY event this year and are once again sanctioned by KCBS as a Traditional Sanctioned Contest.
We are planning a Friday night team/organizer social pot-luck if you are interested. Last year we did one spontaneously and we all had a great time.
Check our wiki page for more details.

You can contact me at sbccbbq@gmail.com for judge and team entry forms.

Hope to hear from you all soon
John Hammond
SBCC committee

#3 Kevin Barteaux

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with Cal Bears Football and Basketball, Fishing, and Barbecue.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Smokey Luv BBQ will be signing up for this one for sure!

#4 Chuck Collondrez

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Can't wait to come back to Siskiyou had a great time last year

#5 David Tendick

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:F1 & ALMS Racing, BBQ/Cooking, Teaching & Coaching, Action Pistol Shooting & CQB Shooting, CBJ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Smokehouse 10 is in for this again. It was a great event last year and we are looking forward to it this year.

#6 Jon Davis

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Im in for judging again, we had a good time last year!

#7 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:We are hosting our second annual Siskiyou Beef Country Cook-Off on July 27, 2013 with setup and cook's mtg on 7/26. We are in the shadow of Mt. Shasta in the heart of historic angus beef ranching country. Please come to our event!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for your interest. Check out our updated wiki page for newly confirmed teams and judges.
We are planning a bigger event this year, and hope you all will join us for the Friday night potluck.
See you in July!!

#8 John Hunt

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Check is in the Mail

#9 Jason Eads

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:BBQ, Music, Fishing

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I am pretty sure I will send in an application. I still need to work out a few details. It's cool that there is a contest in this part of the state.

#10 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Jason,

We look forward to having you join us.

A reminder to you and everyone planning to compete in the 2nd Annual SBCC...........the April first deadline for entry fee discounts is fast approaching, so get yours in and take advantage of it.

We need 25+ teams this year to maintain the event as a qualifiying contest. Having teams sign up early helps us tremendously in the planning, organizing and gets us to where we can announce our prize money guarantee sooner.

John Hammond
SBCC committee

#11 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

The Siskiyou BEEF COUNTRY Cook-off commitee is moving forward with a bigger and better event this year. We've had lots of positive responses from teams and judges so hope to see you all there! We are going to emphasize our western heritage this year which should be fun. Montague was a major railroad shipping center for locally raised cattle to be distributed all over the USA. The old cattle ramp is still visible at the train tracks, adjacent to our new contest location.... a bigger grassy area - still near the Hall where the judging will be again... (air conditioned!) The new field should give everyone a little more elbow room this year. Get your applications from sbccbbq@gmail.com SOON!! Thanks!

#12 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

John, Still only 4 teams signed up?

#13 Jason Eads

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

I sent my application in a while ago. I would like to think others have done the same. Updating the wiki would help promote the event.

#14 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hello Jason, We have not received an application for Eads Downhome. Did you send it to PO Box 618, Montague CA 96064? Sorry that the wiki was not updated.... there was a little glitch with our page but it is fixed now. We have 12 - 13 (Eads?) teams expected... but not all who have said they were coming have paid yet. So we are focused now on getting more teams. Please help spread the word if you can! We are looking forward to a bigger and even better event this year. COME ON UP TO SISKIYOU COUNTY!!

#15 Jason Eads

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

I believe it was sent to the correct address. Please check my email to you on the topic.

#16 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

I responded on your email, Jason. Thanks for participating this year. We are working hard right now to organize it and looking forward to another great event this year!

#17 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just want to remind everyone the 2nd Annual Beef Country Cook-off in beautiful Siskiyou County is only about 9 weeks away. Our guaranteed prize money is $8000 and the electrical is included in the entry fee. We are setting up the event in the large field across hwy 3 in front of the Montague Community Hall so there will be more room for teams to set up. We will have music, vendors and displays, but the event is really about the teams and your BBQ competition. The more of you that sign up, the better the competition will be and the more the event will be fun and successful for everyone. We also need more certified judges. Please spread the word'

We have had many positive comments about last years event and we expect this year to be even better. So, sign up soon and get your spot reserved. If you have questions or need entry forms please contact us at sbccbbq@gmail.com

John Hammond
SBCC committee

#18 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostKevin Barteaux, on 18 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Smokey Luv BBQ will be signing up for this one for sure!
Hi Kevin, we haven't received your application so let us know if you need another one. We have 13 teams signed up with several more pending. Please let us know if your plans have changed, otherwise see you in July!

Edited by John Hammond, 18 June 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#19 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostDavid Tendick, on 19 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Smokehouse 10 is in for this again. It was a great event last year and we are looking forward to it this year.
Hi David, we haven't received your application so let us know if you need another one. We have 13 teams signed up with several more pending. Please let us know if your plans have changed, otherwise see you in July!

#20 John Hammond

• CBBQA Business Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostChuck Collondrez, on 18 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Can't wait to come back to Siskiyou had a great time last year
Hope to have Bowling Over Pigs participate again!!! We are still looking for teams!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users