Jump to content




Twice Smoked Ham


9 replies to this topic

#1 Thom Emery

    Pres. CBBQA 2007

  • CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,113 posts
  • Location:Indio Ca
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Going to do the twice smoked Ham for Easter again this year
Spiral Cut Ham smoked with a light flavor wood
once it is good and hot Caramelize Texas Pepper Jelly on with
a Blow Torch,,, Great Visuals

#2 Brian Kreisler

    Pops

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Location:Canyon Country
  • Interests:BBQing, rockets

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostThom Emery, on Mar 18 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

Going to do the twice smoked Ham for Easter again this year
Spiral Cut Ham smoked with a light flavor wood
once it is good and hot Caramelize Texas Pepper Jelly on with
a Blow Torch,,, Great Visuals


Oh Man, That sounds real good.

#3 Sylvie Curry

    Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

  • CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Does sound really good. I am also doing a twice smoked ham. No fancy brand just a Costco Kirkland spiral cut. I might try some different type of glaze. Your choice stimulated my curiosity. Not sure what yet. Hubby wants me to also smoke some cornish hens.

#4 Tim Craig

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Escondido, CA
  • Interests:Dogs (we have Newfoundlands), family, cooking, digital photography, computer stuff, Lions, hanging out with friends.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

Don't forget the photos so we can all enjoy afterwards!

#5 Kristin Meredith

    Talks way too Much

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Well, I am the cook for the day since Bent is golfing in Mexico the whole weekend. Also doing ham, but cooking it the old fashioned way -- in an oven with a cherry sauce!!! :p Also cooking birthday cake since Mom turns 82 on Easter.

#6 Brian Kreisler

    Pops

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Location:Canyon Country
  • Interests:BBQing, rockets

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

View PostKristin Meredith, on Mar 18 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

Well, I am the cook for the day since Bent is golfing in Mexico the whole weekend. Also doing ham, but cooking it the old fashioned way -- in an oven with a cherry sauce!!! :p Also cooking birthday cake since Mom turns 82 on Easter.

Happy Birthday Mom. I can only hope to be as mobile as mom when I am 82.
Have a good one.

#7 Brian Kreisler

    Pops

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Location:Canyon Country
  • Interests:BBQing, rockets

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Stater Bros has Kruse Full half hams on sale for .99. Is that a good deal. I want to try the double smoked ham.

Thanks

#8 Brian Kreisler

    Pops

  • Registered User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Location:Canyon Country
  • Interests:BBQing, rockets

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

BUMP Anybody?

#9 Perry Gentry

    New to this forum

  • Registered User
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Bakersfield, CA

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

View PostSylvie Curry, on Mar 18 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Does sound really good. I am also doing a twice smoked ham. No fancy brand just a Costco Kirkland spiral cut. I might try some different type of glaze. Your choice stimulated my curiosity. Not sure what yet. Hubby wants me to also smoke some cornish hens.
How long on the spiral cut?, Temp at 160 deg?

#10 Joe Golden

    Forum Problem Child

  • Registered User
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Location:Corona, CA
  • Interests:BBQ, My Family

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

We have been doing one from Alton Brown the last couple of years. You can find the recipe here

Thais has become a new family tradition with us twice a year!




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users