CBBQA Member Team - Knock UR Sox Off BBQ

12 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: CBBQA Member Team - Knock UR Sox Off BBQ

#2 Vincent Carrocci

CBBQA Team of the Year 2008 & 2009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Alexa and I would like to congratulate Ryan and Kim on successfully completing their very first competition this past weekend at the KCBS event in Arizona. We were very fortunate to have spent the weekend as their neighbors and it was our pleasure to get to know them. We were very surprised to learn that this was, indeed, their first contest as they demonstrated the organization and demeanor of a team with much more experience.

Although they had a hiccup with their Brisket turn in which pulled down their final placing, their scores were otherwise very good and an indication to us that Knock UR Sock Off BBQ is a team with a very bright future.

Thanks, Ryan and Kim, for your great company and best of luck to your team!

#3 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

View PostVincent Carrocci, on 06 December 2010 - 08:32 AM, said:

Alexa and I would like to congratulate Ryan and Kim on successfully completing their very first competition this past weekend at the KCBS event in Arizona. We were very fortunate to have spent the weekend as their neighbors and it was our pleasure to get to know them. We were very surprised to learn that this was, indeed, their first contest as they demonstrated the organization and demeanor of a team with much more experience.

Although they had a hiccup with their Brisket turn in which pulled down their final placing, their scores were otherwise very good and an indication to us that Knock UR Sock Off BBQ is a team with a very bright future.

Thanks, Ryan and Kim, for your great company and best of luck to your team!

Thank you so much Vince and Alexa for all your kind words and positive influence. We originally decided to get into competition BBQ because of people like you. It was an honor to have been able to get to know you both and truly a great experience to see a true BBQ competitor in action. For our first compeition we wouldn't change a thing, and have learned a HUGE and VALUABLE lesson, which is to make sure there are 6 pieces of brisket in that container. LOL. But in all seriousness, thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for making our first experience a memorable one and one that we will remember for a life time.

#4 Tom Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

Well said Ryan. You are now hooked forever or until the money runs out!! It only gets to be more fun and addicting.

#5 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostTom Moore, on 06 December 2010 - 11:14 AM, said:

Well said Ryan. You are now hooked forever or until the money runs out!! It only gets to be more fun and addicting.

If it gets any more addicting I might have to get a medication prescription! LOL

#6 Vincent Carrocci

CBBQA Team of the Year 2008 & 2009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

This may be old news to those who were in attendance at the event but to those of us no present, the May edition of the National BBQ News (page 16) features a picture of Kim and Ryan holding the 1st Place Ribs trophy they earned at the Pala Buffalo Ranch contest. The caption states that their rib entry received the following scores: 9-9-9, 9-9-9, 9-9-9, 9-9-9, 9-8-9 for a total of 177.7142 missing that ever elusive perfect 180 by a single taste point.

This is an incredible accomplishment and one worthy of note. Thankfully, Kathleen McIntosh, our Smokin' Times editor, included this for not only us to see but for the entire subscribing body of the National BBQ News to see!

Ryan and Kim have come a long way since their first contest in December 2010 and I think we all better keep on eye on these two. They'll be holding a Grand Championship trophy before we know it.

Congratulations on the great work you two have done!

#7 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

Vince thank you so much for writing that, you and Alexa are truly a one of a kind team! We have definitely come a long way and will always remember what you told us when we first met you.

"You guys have to remember that everyday is a learning experience, and in every competition you learn a few more things. If you get to a point where you aren't learning something new at every competition, then you aren't competing to your true potential"

We take this with us to every competition and make it a point to show the same kindness that you bestowed upon us to others. We have met so many great people and have made such great friends along the way, but you in our mind will always be someone that we appreciate. So for that we say thank you :drinks:

P.S. We are working 10 X's harder to get back into this rookie race, missing Morgan Hill killed us....but we know we can come back!

#8 Craig Pippin

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostRyan Moore, on 31 May 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

Vince thank you so much for writing that, you and Alexa are truly a one of a kind team! We have definitely come a long way and will always remember what you told us when we first met you.

"You guys have to remember that everyday is a learning experience, and in every competition you learn a few more things. If you get to a point where you aren't learning something new at every competition, then you aren't competing to your true potential"

We take this with us to every competition and make it a point to show the same kindness that you bestowed upon us to others. We have met so many great people and have made such great friends along the way, but you in our mind will always be someone that we appreciate. So for that we say thank you :drinks:

P.S. We are working 10 X's harder to get back into this rookie race, missing Morgan Hill killed us....but we know we can come back!

Great going.
Don't worry about missing a contest or tow. Only your top 5 comp score count, so you can miss a couple and still be OK.
There are at least 2or3 more TOY comps in SoCal that will be added soon, so there are plenty of opportunities to have the maximum points you can get.
Good Luck.

#9 Donna Fong

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

I agree with Ryan and Kim. Vince and Alexa went out of their way to make me welcomed too. Their encouragement really helped me feel less like a newbie and I appreciated all of the support and kind words of faith. Kim and Ryan really established themselves at Pala. I look forward to seeing you guys again in Costa Mesa. I am honored to have meet Ryan and Kim early on at Havasu and am one of their biggest fans.

#10 Adam Hollman

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Barbeque, Motorcycles (VTX1300), Cigars, Beer, Wine, Hockey (Go Sharks!)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

That 177+ score is absolutely amazing...especially out here in California! Looks like you have come a long way since that first contest back in December!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

-Adam

#11 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

View PostRyan Moore, on 31 May 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

It was great meeting you and Kim in Bako!..thanks for the pics you guys posted too!

#12 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

View Postmatt dalton, on 01 June 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

It was great meeting you and Kim in Bako!..thanks for the pics you guys posted too!

Hey Matt it was definitely good meeting you as well, we'll see you in a week at Costa Mesa.

#13 Ryan Moore

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostDonna Fong, on 01 June 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

I agree with Ryan and Kim. Vince and Alexa went out of their way to make me welcomed too. Their encouragement really helped me feel less like a newbie and I appreciated all of the support and kind words of faith. Kim and Ryan really established themselves at Pala. I look forward to seeing you guys again in Costa Mesa. I am honored to have meet Ryan and Kim early on at Havasu and am one of their biggest fans.

Thanks Donna for the kind words, we look forward to seeing you at Costa Mesa...it's seems like forever since we seen you. We are your biggest fans as well, glad to see you found the right path of what the judges like....it's like you were a judge before or something. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users