Langs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jason R

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Anyone have any experience good or bad running a Lang smoker cooker? If you've ran one, any upgrades you wish you would have gotten or that you did?
Thanks.

#2 Jon Davis

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have a 60. Love that pit! My only regret was that I didn't buy the 84. Also I wish I had gotten the deluxe warming box put on. If you're looking for a stick burner Langs are awesome.

#3 Jason R

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I was looking at the 60 originally but got nervous I might not be able to do everything I want to after reading lots of reviews. I am a little nervous about stepping up to the 84. I think I have the wife on board with the 84 chargrill deluxe. I was hoping to see what anyone had to say.
Thanks for the input Jon.

#4 Tony Presgraves

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

I cook on a Lang 84 with a grill and warming box. I have done so for about 6-7 years and I love it. I don't really use the grill feature. I use the grill box more for storage. I would get temp gauges at a hieght for each shelf level. I had Ben Lang weld on hasps for locks, so I can keep her locked up when needed. They are on everything that opens, including the firebox. All in all I'm very happy with my Lang 84. She has served us well and can cook some great ribs and tri tip. If you can step up to the 84, I would do it. The size is just right and you'll be able to get a lot done. The only negative, if you can call it one, is she eats a lot of wood. i have to feed her a log or two every 1.5 to 2 hours. You may consider a Charcoal Basket, I hear they can increase your log feeding times by 5-8 hours. If you have any questions I can answer on the Lang, my email is BigDaddysQnCrew@earthlink.net. I can send you some pictures of the lock hasps as well. Just say so.
Tony

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users