System Email - PM notifications

3 replies to this topic

#1 TimW

Forum Nut Job

• Global Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

In the past, when someone would reply to a private message notification email (or other system emails), it would get sent to the webmaster's email. The webmaster would have to forward the message to the intended person or would reply to the person letting them know that their message was not sent. I don't think we (webmasters) want to be reading someone's message that was intended to be private to determine the recipient to whom to forward the message.

I created an automatic responder email (do-not-reply @cbbqa.org) to handle this. So whenever someone replies to the system emails like the private message notifications, it will automatically reply with the following message:

**Please do not reply to this email. Replies are sent to an unmonitored mailbox.**

Dear *Sender Name* ,

You have replied to a system email. If you were trying to reply to a private message, please log in to the forum and reply using the forum's messaging service.

If you have any questions regarding this, please email webmaster @cbbqa.org

#2 Todd Carpenter

Forum Problem Child

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I knew they were forwarded through the webmaster account, but never knew you had to do it manually. Thanks for resolving that somewhat.

#3 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Makes sense Tim, good idea.

Edited by Jerry Aguilar, 19 February 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#4 Bryan Wood

Forum Irregular

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Fishing, and BBQ

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Great work, Tim--as always!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users