chili competitions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Melanie Wong

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Short notice, but in case you're looking for something to do on Saturday, the SF Bay Chili Cook-off will be held on May 4 in Oakland. There are still a couple slots available for competitors. You can cook on site or cook at home and bring your entry to the site. I don't know anything more than what's on the website.
http://www.sfbaychil...ompetitors.html

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of Guns n' Roses will be among the judges, as will I. If you'd like to attend, use "BURN" as the promo code for a $12 advance ticket ($20 at the door) and no service fees.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SFBayChiliCook-Off.jpg

#2 Mark Brown

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Come on out and support this great cause! Wine With Swine will be cooking in this event.

#3 Carlos Lopez

Forum Irregular

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostMark Brown, on 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Come on out and support this great cause! Wine With Swine will be cooking in this event.
Good luck Mark!

#4 Mark Brown

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

So this was a fun little contest and a great fundraiser for kids. It was nice to have another BBQ team there, Ryan from Bad S BBQ was set up right next to us cooking his chili and Ryan's wife swept first place in the desserts competition.

Wine With Swine had a very solid cook (it was not perfect and I know what needs to be fixed). I am trying to get that perfect chili. I am getting closer but it is not quite there yet. But we did finish with a 2nd place in peoples choice and a 1st place by the judges!

Come out and taste our chili at our next event.

#5 Donna Fong

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Congratulations to Mark Brown and Ryan Pang! You guys sure can cook! And so can Ryan's wife!

#6 Melanie Wong

What can I say I like it here

• CBBQA Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

The official results were just published (finally!). The BBQ peeps did very well, congratulations!

Grand Champion Chili, People’s Choice: Team #15, Raise the Root
Runner-up Grand Champion Chili, People’s Choice: Team #13, Wine with Swine
My Sweet Tooth Savior, People’s Choice: Team #14, Maple Creme Caramel with Pig Candy, Bad S BBQ
Runner-up My Sweet Tooth Savior, People’s Choice: Team #20, Chipotle Chocolate Pudding, Bump City Bakery
Chili Most Likely to Have Consequences, People’s Choice: Team #7, Naga Con Carne
Best Texas Style Chili, Judges’ Choice: Team #13, Wine with Swine
Most Creative Chili, Judges’ Choice: Team #7, Naga Con Carne
Sweet Tooth Savior, Judges’ Choice: Team #14, Maple Creme Caramel with Pig Candy, Bad S BBQ

There were four of us on the judging panel and I was relieved that my fellow judges took this responsibility quite seriously as well. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I requested Linden lager as a palate cleanser. The other judges were happy to follow my lead. Ron "Bumblefoot" of Guns n' Roses is my new BFF. :)

Thank you for supporting a great cause.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: photo(1).JPG

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users