Wiki: Days of 47 BBQ Showdown

63 replies to this topic

#1 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Boats, Bikes & BBQ Events but not that order!!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Skip,and I are excited to be working with IMBBQA on a new event in Utah, Holladay Utah, Days of 47 BBQ Showdown. The event will be held at Holladay City Park - 24th - 26th of July. This event is KCBS sanctioned,a Route 66 cup event and a RMBBQA cup event. Our reps will be Carol and Merl Whitebrook.

Prize fund will be $10,000 for the four main categories. The side category will be dessert with a Saturday turn in. The early bird is $225.00. There will be a multi package event with Havasu and Holladay. There will be a judges class on July 24th with a fee of $65.00 (KCBS members) and $95.00 (non members). You can pay all fees at www.musicbrewsbbq.com. We are working on getting the links up as soon as possible. We will let everyone know when it is working. The judges application is currently available at http://musicbrewsbbq...e-applications/ and judges class at http://musicbrewsbbq...training-class/

This will be a great event, and a fabulous opportunity to beat the heat.

Let us now if you have any questions.

#2 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Cool in July

#3 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Who wants to come to Utah in July. It will be beautiful and cooler especially in Arizona.

#4 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Just a reminder we have a package deal for Lake Havasu and Holliday. It is $500.00 which is currently a $50.00 savings. The total prize fund between the two events is $25,000 in cash.

Edited by Skip Ramsden, 20 November 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#5 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Skip & Cheryl, I would love to compete in Utah, but that is the same weekend as the Vista Smokin' Q Classic. Any chance of plus or minus one week? I currently see a trend of fewer contest but they are all better and better contests. I think It's time the southwest United States starts to maximize our contests.

#6 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostSteve Wilson, on 21 November 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Skip & Cheryl, I would love to compete in Utah, but that is the same weekend as the Vista Smokin' Q Classic. Any chance of plus or minus one week? I currently see a trend of fewer contest but they are all better and better contests. I think It's time the southwest United States starts to maximize our contests.
I looked and thought that contest is in August. We try not to conflict with other events.

#7 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I want to make sure that everyone knows that we are still doing the Utah contest. Come out and have some fun in Utah.

Cheryl

#8 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hey Everyone,

The team sign up link is http://musicbrewsbbq...y-team-sign-up/ The judges link is http://musicbrewsbbq...e-applications/ I hope to see you all there. Let's support this event in Utah. Right now in this is the only event in Utah. Wow!!!! Let me know your thoughts.

Cheryl

#9 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Skip has been working on website and everything is up. Judges, judges class and team

#10 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,183 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Cheryl What is the story behind the event name?

#11 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostThom Emery, on 19 December 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Lets ask James Parr

#12 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope to see you all in Holliday Utah in July. All forms are up. I need judges and teams.

Cheryl

#13 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostThom Emery, on 19 December 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Here is your answer

Cheryl

Here is the historical meaning and story to days of 47...
Pioneer Day is an official holiday celebrated on July 24 in the U.S. state of Utah,[1] with some celebrations in regions of surrounding states originally settled by Mormon pioneers.[2][3] It commemorates the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847,[4] where the Latter-day Saints settled after being forced from Nauvoo, Illinois,[5] and other locations in the eastern United States.[6]Parades, fireworks, rodeos, and other festivities help commemorate the event. Similar to July 4, most governmental offices[1] and many businesses are closed on Pioneer Day.[citation needed]

In addition to being an official holiday in Utah, Pioneer Day is considered a special occasion by many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[7][8] On Pioneer Day, some Latter-day Saints walk portions of the Mormon Trail or reenact entering the Salt Lake Valley by handcart.[9] Latter-day Saints throughout the United States[10][11] and around the world may celebrate July 24 in remembrance of the LDS Church's pioneer era, with songs, dances, potlucks, and pioneer related activities.[12][13]

While the holiday has strong links to the LDS Church, it is a celebration of everyone, regardless of faith and nationality, who emigrated to the Salt Lake Valley during the pioneer era, which is generally considered to have ended with the 1869 arrival of the transcontinental railroad.[14] Notable non-LDS American pioneers from this period include Episcopal Bishop Daniel Tuttle, who was responsible for Utah's first non-Mormon schools (Rowland Hall-St. Mark's) and first public hospital (St. Mark's) in the late 1800s.[15] The Intertribal Powwow at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City honors the rich cultural heritage and contributions of the area's Native Americans, helping Utahns to gain a deeper understanding of the region's history.[16][17]

The holiday generates a great deal of road traffic; Utah Department of Public Safety statistics demonstrate that Pioneer Day has the second highest holiday traffic fatality rate in Utah, with the earlier July 4 Independence Day having the highest rate.

#14 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hey Everyone,

I know everyone is planning for their cook schedules, please put Holliday Ut on your list. Right now it is the only KCBS event in Utah. Can I count on you all.

Cheryl

#15 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Looking for teams for Utah, Holliday. Right now this is the only KCBS in Utah. See Ya there

#16 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. Please keep in mind that Holladay is looking for your support. It is quite a cute little town with people that are looking forward to you all coming to their town. Right now Holladay is the only event in Utah.

I hope to see you all there.

Cheryl

#17 Tracy Allen

Business Membership Coordinator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: Days of 47 BBQ Showdown

#18 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Apparently there was a problem with the web site for the Holliday Sign Ups. It said the event was full. The event is not full and website has been corrected. So let the sign ups begin.

Thanks

Cheryl

#19 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

First of all I want to thank everyone for supporting Skip and I over the years. I am asking for your support again which is to sign up for Holliday UT. Thank you

#20 Skip Ramsden

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

We have our first two teams, R & R BBQ and H & D BBQ. Thanks guys. Who will be next?

Cheryl

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users