New Years Eve -New Years Day - 3rd annual Wild Wild West BBQ Championship

110 replies to this topic

#1 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

3 yrs -- 3 different venues-- WOW--- too much work.... Looks like we found, not only our venue for 2013, but our venue for a recurring annual event... and What a site.... 2 grocery stores within 1/4 of a mile, Costco 2 miles away, 2 gas stations within walking distance, plenty of restaurants and mini marts within blocks... and it gets better-- Full Hook Up RV sites 300 yds from competition site, lake and lake activities within feet of your site, did I mention regular toilets and full showers available as well? Not bad so far... How about a brand new $8million dollar Boat Launch -- with a huge freshly paved parking lot (event site), full lake beach, and the most spectacular views of Lake Elsinore... Thats right Lake Elsinore, CA for NYE/NYD -- only 45 min from Knotts, Disney, etc.. (for those coming with family), and even a small plane airport in case someone flys, or would like to fly in.... and this is just the beginning...

$17,500 Prize money ($15,000 in cash - Matt clause) over two days of cooking, fellowship and fun times... Ice, wood, charcoal services available and delivered to your site upon request, can pre-purchase with resort, and it will be waiting at your site-- can also purchase Pecan, apple and/or Oak wood in advance from the resort folks, if you want to lighten your load--etc. etc...

Stay Tuned for Pictures and Entry Forms --should be ready early next week..

#2 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Board Of Directors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostHenry Silvestre, on 26 September 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

3 yrs -- 3 different venues-- WOW--- too much work.... Looks like we found, not only our venue for 2013, but our venue for a recurring annual event... and What a site.... 2 grocery stores within 1/4 of a mile, Costco 2 miles away, 2 gas stations within walking distance, plenty of restaurants and mini marts within blocks... and it gets better-- Full Hook Up RV sites 300 yds from competition site, lake and lake activities within feet of your site, did I mention regular toilets and full showers available as well? Not bad so far... How about a brand new $8million dollar Boat Launch -- with a huge freshly paved parking lot (event site), full lake beach, and the most spectacular views of Lake Elsinore... Thats right Lake Elsinore, CA for NYE/NYD -- only 45 min from Knotts, Disney, etc.. (for those coming with family), and even a small plane airport in case someone flys, or would like to fly in.... and this is just the beginning...

$17,500 Prize money ($15,000 in cash - Matt clause) over two days of cooking, fellowship and fun times... Ice, wood, charcoal services available and delivered to your site upon request, can pre-purchase with resort, and it will be waiting at your site-- can also purchase Pecan, apple and/or Oak wood in advance from the resort folks, if you want to lighten your load--etc. etc...

Stay Tuned for Pictures and Entry Forms --should be ready early next week..
No I don't have a clause..thanks for being honest

#3 andy allen

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

oh boy about 100 feet of where i grew up "the bird tracks" as it was known. Sorry but to be honest its not the safest neighborhood to be walking to the "mini mart" across the street. looks like a nice location but pretty scetchy at night if you leave the RV Park

#4 andy allen

Forum Nut Job

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

see if you can get pizza bowl to come on board and donate some pizzas like your first competion that was a nice gesture

#5 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Looks nice Henry. Thanks for your continued hard work for the benefit of all of us. We hope to be there.

#6 Stephan Franklin

President

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

OK, I got credits with the GF for missing last year to attend a wedding. I am there, and I keep a couple rods in the RV 8)

#7 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostStephan Franklin, on 26 September 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

OK, I got credits with the GF for missing last year to attend a wedding. I am there, and I keep a couple rods in the RV 8)

Some of the best Fishing in the Western US... They (the folks at Lake Elsinore) have done a great job of stocking the lake, cleaning the City up, and sort of re-inventing themselves. Freddy Rays BBQ is just 4 blocks from the site, and I have to thank him and his staff for telling me about this location..

#8 Abel Tirre

CBBQA ToY Commissioner

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like a nice venue. FYI that lake has some good fishing from a float tube. Carp can get as big as 20lb and it's fun letting them drag you around in your tube for 10 min!!

#9 Jerry Aguilar

Secretary

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostAbel Tirre, on 30 September 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Sounds like a nice venue. FYI that lake has some good fishing from a float tube. Carp can get as big as 20lb and it's fun letting them drag you around in your tube for 10 min!!
That sounds like fun!

#10 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Welcome aboard Ridge Route Boys, All Sauced Up and Kritter Kookers... Who is Next?

#11 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Here is the entry form for NYE/NYD....

#12 Ben Lobenstein

CBBQA Hall of Fame - Inducted 2010

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

NYE CBBQA ToY Approved.

#13 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Welcome Simply Marvelous.... who is next?

#14 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Here is some info regarding the RV park.... and look at the last one--- WE GOT "FREE" Showers for everyone....

1. The phone number to reserve RV sites is 800-416-6992.
2. The phone number to reserve kayaks is 951-471-1212.
3. A full hook up site is $35 a night (we are limited on these spots). An electrical and water site is $30 a night.
4. To dump is free if they are camping with us, $10 if they are not.
5. We will not charge your participants to shower.

Some facts-- campground is about 500 ft+ from cook site -- as are showers. Some of you I know will stay there the day before check in, and/or the day after and then reposition yourselves at the cooking site. Some of you don't mind having your sleeping arrangements and your cooking site a few 100 ft apart will enjoy both.. Also if you are bringing family and/or friends to make a weekend + out of it, plenty of RV spaces available for all... and for those of you roughing it, or in need of a little cleaning... FREE Full Showers... BBQ luxury at its best....

#15 Henry Silvestre

Needs to Get a Life

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Welcome aboard Tattoo'd Hog--- Who is NExt?

Edited by Henry Silvestre, 27 October 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#16 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

These contests are a Monday/Tuesday turn in right?..rather odd.

#17 Steve Wilson

Needs 12 Step Group for Forum Recovery

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • Interests:Sponsors:
    Fast Eddy Smokers by Cookshack, Q-Pellets, Brandt Beef, Dizzy Pig

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

View Postmatt dalton, on 12 November 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

These contests are a Monday/Tuesday turn in right?..rather odd.
Just the way the days fall this year. Still new Years Eve & New Years Day. Make's for a 4 day weekend. I like that!

#18 Chuck Collondrez

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I was looking at the map where the event will be will our sites going to be in the RV park?

#19 Dave Malone

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Chuck- I recall Henry saying that they weren't in the RV park but if you decide to stay there that it was only a short walk.

#20 Matt Dalton

Needs to Get a Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

The first post says 300 yards..Henry can you keep both days separate as far as teams go?..I know there will be a few new teams the second day..thanks.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users