First Qualifying Contest - BBQ

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bram Britcher

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

Hello CBBQA Member Teams and BBQ Fans!

The first qualifying contest of the 2007 ToY Season is this weekend, BBQ’n at the Autry. Right now, 24 of 32 teams competing are CBBQA Member Teams.

Head cooks not yet on the CBBQA roll will be given the chance to join at the Autry. Midnight Friday night is the deadline. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by my cook site, 155 South Bar-B-Q.

Good luck to all teams competing this weekend and travel safe!

Bram Britcher
’07 ToY Commissioner

#2 Bentley Meredith

Talks way too Much

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • Interests:"Pellet burners began in the time when Evil Stick Burners ruled BBQ history, when the Traegers made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The Technologically minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this techonology—to make War on Evil Stick Burners. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole backyards and entire BBQ Competitions. Those who mastered The Dark power became The Dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason to anger the Evil Stick Burners. They despoiled Eggheads…destroyed whole groups of WSM civilizations, and crushed the Elitist charcoal burners. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, have returned to the Evil Stick burner."

--Bentley Dark Lord of the Pellet

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

I guess I am confused on a few points. Do we submit results to the Commish after each event or only events that are out of State?

#3 Bram Britcher

Forum Nut Job

• PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

All California contests will be "automatically" reviewed. If they qualify under 3.02, the results will be included in the ToY Standings.
Teams should only submit their out-of-state results.

Bram Britcher
'07 ToY Commissioner

#4 Thom Emery

Pres. CBBQA 2007

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,495 posts
  • Interests:Serving Jesus and Great BBQ

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

They also should talk up the teams to make sure we have 10 teams there
Bram do you want to do a year long Top Team standings thread?
or a new thread with each set of contest results?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users