Check Your Equipment
Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:10 PM
So please do yourselves a favor and have an expert look at your trailers/gear for a safety check... I wish I had. Good luck everyone and safe travels.
Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:01 PM
Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:23 PM
Edited by Kay Spencer, 15 July 2014 - 09:24 PM.
Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:37 AM
Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:44 PM
Brian, I am glad you are safe for sure.
Edited by Stephan Franklin, 25 August 2014 - 02:44 PM.
Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:49 PM
Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:04 PM
1) check your maintenance schedule and make sure your up to date.
2) check hitch. Is it showing wear? Is it properly lubricated?
3) Fasten safety chains and breakaway switch actuating chain or wire securely. make sure breakaway barrety is fully charged.
4) inspect towing hookup for secure attachment.
5) Check load balance, 10% of total weight on hitch, 15% for smaller trailers.
6) DO NOT OVERLOAD. Stay within your gross vehicle weight, consult the trailers Identification plate for the weight.
7) Inflate tires to recommended specs, also on the ID plate.
Check wheel nut torque with a torque wrench.
9) Synchronize trailer brakes with tow vehicle.
10) check operation of all lights.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users