Wiki: CBBQA Member Team - Rusty Barrell BBQ Team

5 replies to this topic

#1 Darry Smith

2008 & 2011 CBBQA Presidential Service Award Winner

• CBBQA Business Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy our BBQ community and try to give back as much as we can.

Working with the CBBQA is a great way to enjoy both.

-Pitmaster for
    SMITTY'S
    SMOKE PATROL

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: CBBQA Member Team - Rusty Barrell BBQ Team

#2 Tim McDonald

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Smitty. That was really cool and thoughtful! :thumbsup:

#3 Kristin Meredith

Talks way too Much

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

So Tim and Diana, when you get around to adding content, are you going to have a section where you say "Everything we know about chicken was taught to us by Kristin at Hesperia?" :lol:

Edited by Kristin Meredith, 18 August 2008 - 05:17 PM.

#4 Tim McDonald

Forum Problem Child

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:59 AM

Kristin, first you are assuming we know how to add content! :unsure: Second, we owe the whole Burnt by the Best Team a big thanks for the encouragement, mentoring and patience with us newbies. :drinks: I am not really sure what our own Wiki page is suppose to mean or why Smitty did that but it sure was nice!

#5 Ramone Noska

Forum Problem Child

• CBBQA Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

Way to go you two with the RGC at Fairfield. :clapping:

If you can win there, you can win any where. Only it will be easier without wind - sprinklers - etc. etc. etc.

Ramone
Hog Me Tender

#6 Kristin Meredith

Talks way too Much

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

View PostTim McDonald, on Aug 19 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

Kristin, first you are assuming we know how to add content! :unsure:.....

I am not really sure what our own Wiki page is suppose to mean or why Smitty did that but it sure was nice!

The wiki page is just a nice place to keep track of your own personal BBQ history. And to brag if you have anything to brag about -- which you folks have!!

You can add content by clicking on the "edit' tab and then start typing. After you have finished typing all you want to say, you then scroll to the bottom and click on "save page" and you now have some commentary to go along with the photo. You might want to look at how some of the other teams have organized their pages. Some are very fancy and they have links to things, and photos from all their contests, etc. You can update your team page continually by just going back to the "edit" and then typing. Or you can add more photos, etc.

We used our page to post some pictures of our cookers and then to tell folks about who we are and what we cook on. We also used it as a "diary" keeping track of each competition year, what events we competed in, how we did at that comp. I am also starting to eneter info on what I submitted for the "Anything Butt" so I have a data bank of info. I don't know that it is of inyerest to anyone but us, but it sure is a nice, convenient way to keep track of what we have done each year.

And you folks sure don't need much mentoring -- you are great cooks right out of the box and I will have to practice very hard to beat your chicken!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users